[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

News from twitter :P

Nothing on Dedicated Servers, but there may be some Mod Tools news coming in the future, I'll pass it along once I have it.

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/6643105771

Downloading maps over P2P, now that would be funny.

News from twitter :P

Downloading maps over P2P, now that would be funny.

I'm sure they will have some form of "Alternate"... You know; you can get this for only $9.95 and free shipping, AND all the BS you can swallow type of thing. :rolleyes:

The game is really starting to get on my tits now.

Back to COD4 as my regular game I think.

EDIT: Yes, you may consider my words completely and utterly eaten. :lol:

lol, +rep

I wonder why this little morsel of information has been thrown out into the wild... Is it because they actually need the talent of the mapping/modding community to make future expansion packs for them? Or perhaps they're worried they might lose out some market share to BF:BC2 or MoH?

The game is really starting to get on my tits now.

Back to COD4 as my regular game I think.

EDIT: Yes, you may consider my words completely and utterly eaten. :lol:

Can you be more specific? What is it that has changed your mind, in particular?

I'm just interested in knowing what exactly would cause an experienced gamer to give up on a $60 game so quickly.

The list of possibilities and combinations thereof is endless, so I'm curious to know what did it for you, if you don't mind sharing.

As always, I value and respect your opinion......

To start off with, I really enjoyed the game. But as time went on, it quickly became clear how much was really wrong with it, and IW.

• Completely unbalanced. Akimbo shotguns? Seriously? One loadout can completely dominate at close range.
  • IWNet is functional, but far, far from ideal.
  • Hacking is very prevalent. Came across a guy running a humanised aimbot and no-recoil hacks today. Annoyed me so much I ragequit immediately.
  • No patch notes, even after several updates. Thats not right, IMO.
  • Terrible "community" support. Everything is said over twitter. Even the IW forum volunteer mods are calling IW out on it. One was demoted on the spot for voicing his concerns in public.
  • No kick facility means I get stuck playing with racist 12 year olds every day.
  • Killstreaks are fun, but quickly become ludicrously overpowered. Camp enough and you win. I hate camping.

I am just struggling to enjoy it more and more as time goes on. I have clocked over 48 hours in game since release... and it is becoming more and more of a chore to play. I only play it now when I have uni mates online that I can start a lobby with.

To put it simply - it is a lot of fun to start with, but once you start noticing the deficiencies in the game, it stops being fun and quickly becomes an exercise in frustration.

• Upvote 5

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, Duality.

Yes, I can feel your disappointment and frustrations from what you have described.

I have been a dedicated (no pun intended, lol) Call of Duty player since the day the original CoD was released.

I decided to pass on MW2, because of the "no dedicated servers/IW.Net" issue.

The issues you list would be enough to make me give up on a game like this, as well.

+rep!

Also I think I owe =GoMg=THE__DRIFTER an apology - I was far too quick to dismiss his points earlier in this discussion, and it turns out he was right all along.

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong, and an even bigger man to apologize! B)

+1

Edited by CosmicBlue

• Terrible "community" support. Everything is said over twitter. Even the IW forum volunteer mods are calling IW out on it. One was demoted on the spot for voicing his concerns in public.

I ranted about that in a blog I made on ScrewAttack.com, in which you can read it here.

With dedicated servers and clans, one could visit a clan

• Upvote 1

Also I think I owe =GoMg=THE__DRIFTER an apology - I was far too quick to dismiss his points earlier in this discussion, and it turns out he was right all along.

While I thank you for that; It isn't needed. :) As a quite older guy I often don't consider the other viewpoint or sugar coat anything. I saved my money this time to wait and see. I am glad I kept it. Our group has pretty much dried up since we were hoping that we could go into the future with a well designed game. It didn't come. I seriously hope that the next EA incarnation turns out to be top notch because I am very tired of the current games. I play a fair amount of Insurgency because for me I feel its the most tactical out there next to ARMA since AA3 disappointed me as well.

Whatever the outcome Duality, I respect your opinion and PBBANS community as well. We as streaming admins can come vent our frustration and move on. For now I guess its back to the old games and hopes for a good quality one in the future.

All the best. ;)

I was given the game as a gift.

I have played it enough to be at the rank of Major.

Vac does not do as well as PB PERIOD.

The game is FULL of cheaters. And is getting worst as time goes on.

Playing it has REALLY made me appreciate PB and PBBANS

Thanks to you all :eek:

Hurry bfbc2

Edited by (-BS-)GodFather

While I don't like hackers, I hope the events in that video do find their way to the wild, and ruin MW2 to the horrible death it deserves. Maybe next time, IW will actually listen to the out-cries from it's CUSTOMERS!

IW and activision get their money whether the game is played for 2 days or 2 years by the players that brought it. They're not worried about the longevity of a title, they just want quick buck and on to the next cash-in project. But that is business..

I seriously hope that the next EA incarnation turns out to be top notch because I am very tired of the current games. I play a fair amount of Insurgency because for me I feel its the most tactical out there next to ARMA since AA3 disappointed me as well.

I also hope something comes along that will capture the imagination of Online PC gamers soon or we'll be a dying breed stuck playing half assed console ports. I dunno about you but that doesn't fill me with great hope for the future. Online gaming for pc gamers should have evolved, not gone backwards!

I had to laugh

Game of the Year

Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Infinity Ward)

Best Multiplayer

Best Replayability

Modern Warefare 2 (Activision, Infinity Ward)

Best Control

Best Original Score

Best Weapon

AC - 130 - Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Infinity Ward)

http://kotaku.com/5426479/infinity-ward-sweeps-first-annual-inside-gaming-awards

Wonder how much of the 550 million IW had to pay in bribes to get those awards :P