[COD MW2] No dedicated servers or PB

HSMagnet

So...GameTrailers named MW2 Game of the Year...

Overall. (Figured.)

For Xbox 360 (Figured.)

For PS3 (Wait, what? Uncharted 2?)

And even...for PC (WTF?!?!?!?!?! FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU [insert nerd rage here])

Bottom line, they sold their souls to Activision and named MW2 GOTY for all platforms.

So...GameTrailers named MW2 Game of the Year...

Overall. (Figured.)

For Xbox 360 (Figured.)

For PS3 (Wait, what? Uncharted 2?)

And even...for PC (WTF?!?!?!?!?! FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU [insert nerd rage here])

Bottom line, they sold their souls to Activision and named MW2 GOTY for all platforms.

I was reading some of the comments yesterday at GT and one player asked "Is their anything MW2 didn't win?"

Very surprised it won for the PC though because didn't GT do a small video some time ago saying it was a bad decision by Infinity Ward not to include dedicated servers, etc.?

As for that question, "Is their anything MW2 didn't win?"

My own answer "Yes, a place in my gaming cabinet" :P

And another saga of IW showing favoritism to the Xbox360

This Spring, the first Modern Warfare 2 content packs will be available exclusively first on Xbox LIVE.

http://twitter.com/majornelson/statuses/7465986390

I guess this image is proving to be true

2qxccoz.png

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=240660

You may notice a playlist update today on Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 and PS3. This update adds preventative measures that restrict a recent "Chopper Gunner ammo for all weapons" hack from spreading into public matchmaking.

We'll continue to monitor and work to keep games as cheating free and fair as possible.

This specific hack isn't on PC, however banning cheaters via VAC on PC is a continual effort and focus of ours nonetheless.

orig_26350_1_1262847509.png

(I wrote a news blog about this at ScrewAttack.com, but I'm kinda lazy right now to crop off the "Playlist Update" part :P)

See: Air Quotes.

Edited by .hack//Azure Kite

I wrote a review of the game a while ago here:

http://www.rufclan.com/viewtopic.php?p=9291#p9291

to sum it up ill give multiplayer a 7/10

I took away .5 as I spent some time the other night going back and forth from the party lobby to searching for a game because steam kept dropping a player or more out of our 7 man group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUtG1ZcxrxI

I think this has to be the most buggiest and exploited game I've seen for all platforms.

Maybe this was all on purpose to have an excuse not to develop MW3. That "we are not having a beta" sure paid off in the end lol.

Sadly, that is Robert's piss-poor existence. That will be the job I sign up for next, though, as they pay you to do nothing, you get paid well for it, and get paid to fly all over the world to answer questions about nothing......

WAIT A MINUTE! I can't do that job, I actually have a work ethic!

We'll continue to monitor and work to keep games as cheating free and fair as possible.

Just browsing the Steam forums and this is one post among many, I do feel sorry for the clean players though :(

F@$!*&ING CLEAN UP MW2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sup guys,

I'm sure all of you out there that play MW2 are trying to just get a good god damn server to play on, and that's pretty stressful as it is. But then once we get into our oh-so-greatly-made servers, over 30% of the time there's a hacker in there, ruining our fun and making the already-annoying-gameplay quite the stressful problem. I'm sick of seeing so many hackers in the MW2 world, so Steam, please for your customer's sakes, CLEAN UP MW2