New Medal of Honor (Modern Day)

MaydaX

A major problem is return policies. If you could return games for a full refund, I am willing to bet you would see better games. They know once opened you can't return it so they push unfinished products out the door and lets consumers beta test it for them at a $50-$60 price tag. It's like buying a car and you drive it off the lot to find the engine randomly stalls, lights works at random among many problems and the dealer saying you're sol because you used it.

I the Netherlands there is a game shop who does this, its a child toy store, manny Dutch will know it as: Bart Smit.

They refund the game within 2 days return policy.

They sell them afterwards as used games.

Did anny one here got an e-mail from ea that you have a serial for the online beta test for this game?

It looks like they give a free beta key to you to, beta test the multiplayer.

You get a key to play it.

But you must validate the beta key you get in the e-mail.

It links to a ea website, where you have to login with your ea account.

After this is done, the website is dead, and cant be opend.

In Dutch it says: De website kan niet worden gevonden.

In English i think this means: The webpage can not be fount.

But i think it means: Your tricked and fucked, pre order first.:P

When you go the the MOH BO website it say: Pre order to get your key, lolz.

http://www.medalofhonor.com/

So it looks like a scam to me to let you pre order it.

Anny one got this mail to? And succeeded?

Edited by Fricka

Did anny one here got an e-mail from ea that you have a serial for the online beta test for this game?

It looks like they give a free beta key to you to, beta test the multiplayer.

You get a key to play it.

But you must validate the beta key you get in the e-mail.

It links to a ea website, where you have to login with your ea account.

After this is done, the website is dead, and cant be opend.

In Dutch it says: De website kan niet worden gevonden.

In English i think this means: The webpage can not be fount.

But i think it means: Your tricked and fucked, pre order first.:P

When you go the the MOH BO website it say: Pre order to get your key, lolz.

http://www.medalofhonor.com/

So it looks like a scam to me to let you pre order it.

Anny one got this mail to? And succeeded?

i got an email, but now i know not to click it!

thanks

It could've been a phish site to steal/hijack your EA account, ya know. ohmy.gif

More had this e-mail.

If you look at moh Bo forum you can see it.

Funny is that more complain they can't use the free beta test id.

Shame it sucks! & if said beta is anything to go by it will not be in my list of to get

PC gaming is just port heaven these days second-rate crap that don't work on PC properly !.

Still the more that buy this trash the more we get it.

Dice made it so same screwed up game engine that don't work enjoy blink.gif

Dice made it so same screwed up game engine that don't work enjoy blink.gif

I found the engine is sluggish like bc2 and pisses me off more than anything else for this type of game. Also lack of sprint strafe really annoys me as well.

I never played older moh games as I'm not fond of games based in the past such as WW2 or Vietnam. However I did look on youtube for moh aa and spearhead frag movies and was happy to see it played like a cod game. Just fast action, fluid, lag free gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F5G2Rps3BQ

I see posts about iw / treyarch recycling the same engine and they go on about how bc2 / moh supports dx10 and 11. I took a look at MW2 and MoH Beta:

http://img38.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mohmp01.jpg

Both games are running on high settings and moh in DX10 mode. MW2 got over double the fps vs moh. Not sure how much eye candy people want but I'd be very happy with a game that looks like those mw2 shots if it has the features of cod4 and moves like it.

At the end of the day it wont run smooth on PC as it's not built for PC and as for FPS on MOH it will be the same as BFBC2 & not utilize GPU's as it should & be a CPU hog instead..

I just hope if Dice ever get round to BF3 (you know the so called game they're making just for PC) it will look new, & have destruction, run smooth no laggy rubber banding piss poor netcode & crap patch system, have mod tools / public files & so on & so on. (but it wont) If it ever gets made EA are to busy pushing crap out these days to maximise profits.

As for COD 4 engine it is getting very out dated but that said at least it bloody works laugh.gif

As said above if you like PC gaming I would steer well clear of MOH

At the end of the day it wont run smooth on PC as it's not built for PC and as for FPS on MOH it will be the same as BFBC2 & not utilize GPU's as it should & be a CPU hog instead..

The XBox360 has a 3 core CPU and guess what, Frostbite runs much better with a quad core :P

have mod tools / public files & so on & so on. (but it wont)

I said on another site that BF2142 was most likely the last DICE game to have public server files. First BF Heroes then BC2 now MoH.

As for COD 4 engine it is getting very out dated but that said at least it bloody works

+1. Getting sick of people saying IW etc keeps recycling the same engine which doesn't have DX10 or DX11. The current engine just works, doesn't need a quad core to run and has some of the best hit reg in any game. Eye candy means f*ck all when the game doesn't work or play smooth.

yeah Xbox 360 got one game runs fine on it both BFBC2 & MOH but on my Q9650 it runs fine BUt my 295GTX only ever uses about 28% some other GPU's don't seem to have this issue but on BFBC2 & multi chip GPU's mainly the 295 there seems to be some really bad issue with it not utilising it to the max.

I've had no end of peps saying it my system bottlenecking the GPU bla bla bla but I've got the top Quad core chip under a

DxDiag.txt

BFBC2 & multi chip GPU's mainly the 295 there seems to be some really bad issue with it not utilising it to the max.

I've had no end of peps saying it my system bottlenecking the GPU bla bla bla but I've got the top Quad core chip under a

You can say that again!. Basically they should not port from console to PC simple as that i.m.o.

This might sound a bit hypocritical but its like MW2 the more that buy it & buy the next one along in the series it only makes the Dev make more like it they go by sales not how many left the game after a month !.

MW2 DLC on PC the more that buy it the more likely the will do it in future same as stupid ports the more us PC gamers buy / play them the more we will get.

Sad thing is I cant see it changing tact from now on in sad.gif

I just hope the cleaning of house at IW makes them see sence when it comes to P2P hosting / No mods Cod & the original BF games were great for mods it made the game have staying power these days all new FPS look alike feel the same & have no longevity.

I.M.O PC gaming is dying Sad thing is I hate the fact I buy these titles on the off-chance they might be ok. so im just as bad as the next guy who does the same thing unsure.gif

This might sound a bit hypocritical but its like MW2 the more that buy it & buy the next one along in the series it only makes the Dev make more like it they go by sales not how many left the game after a month !.

MW2 DLC on PC the more that buy it the more likely the will do it in future same as stupid ports the more us PC gamers buy / play them the more we will get.

Sad thing is I cant see it changing tact from now on in sad.gif

Not just more direct ports but I guarantee you if the MW2 PC DLC did very well, other publishers will follow. Just like the $60 price tag that MW2 PC started with. MoH, Starcraft 2, CoD BO are all listed at $60 now because it was a big seller anyway. Money is the real driving force in gaming now and I don't believe any game publisher anymore. Well no one except Valve.

I.M.O PC gaming is dying Sad thing is I hate the fact I buy these titles on the off-chance they might be ok. so im just as bad as the next guy who does the same thing unsure.gif

I've been saying that since MW2. Most new games are lazy console ports from most developers now. Most new sequels are nothing to be proud of compared to older generations of the game series. Just a quick release to milk the popularity of the series.

I don't see myself sticking around in the PC community with the way things are going. Only game left with any hope is CoDBO. I already know MoH will be the same as BC2 in regards to the experience.

Yeah it is the same game im holding out for i just hope it is ok !. otherwise as you said PC gaming is over i will keep running older titles but its a shame there is so much more potential in PC gaming compared to console but these damn corporations just don't care about the clients i know they are money orientated but they should still listen to what the customer wants & is saying.

A real console in a moh game? Can't be. Not only a console but a drag-able window that's re-sizable. Plus I didn't need a 3rd party program to take a screenshot of it.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1179/shot0001c.jpg

*sniff sniff*

8 years of software / hardware evolution and we are moving backwards.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7302/moderngames.png

*sniff sniff*

8 years of software / hardware evolution and we are moving backwards.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7302/moderngames.png

Kind of makes me wish I was actually old enough back then to play those games :(

...instead I'm now growing up alongside the Xbox Live generation of gamers. Shame I only know one real-life friend that PC games, competitive TF2, which I don't have =/ (but I do applaud him and his clan for winning the CEVO-A S5 Finals). The rest is all MW2 and Xbox Live. Can't go overhearing one MW2-related conversation without hearing the words "no-scope", 'quick scope", or "hardscope" >.>; Oh and I get called a loser for playing CoD4 CoD:MW / MW1 (as someone calls it, not joking.) on PC...yay for me.

Do you own Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Steam? If so, you now have access to the Medal of Honor beta! Download it from your games library and jump into the fast and furious multiplayer action created by DICE and prove that you are Tier 1! Click here to install the Medal of Honor beta now.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4077/

Another nail in the coffin imo. I would not be trying to get even more people to play the beta. Just leaves more people with a bad impression and possibly fewer sales.

Anyone with a ounze of sense will realise it is just a mis mash of BFBC2 & COD MW2 maybe a bit of KZ in there for good measure.

But if you have played the so called Beta & BFBC2 you must be mad if you buy it I.M.O !. the game engine is not meant to be on PC simple as it can't be fixed (imo) simple as so don't waste your money & maybe just maybe they might realise and do something about it next time round.

already know it isn't for me, but if they are going to let me prove it to myself, then i will do burn outs with there car till the tires pop laugh.gif

*edit*

hahahaha it crashes when i try to modify my controls

4 times so far

Edited by HSMagnet

hahahaha it crashes when i try to modify my controls

4 times so far

Also if you play as insergants using DX9 it will always CTD on the first scorechain. I stopped playing 3 days into the beta once I figured that one out.

wow how many times did i say Simple as above lol rolleyes.gif

yeah CTD invisible walls um chat box was an issue might be fixed now didn't give it another chance played once and that was that wink.gif

Well at least i can thank them they saved me £40 smile.gif

Edit: then there was the server refresh and as said above controll change = crash if i remember more i will get back to you tongue.gif

Edited by jimbouk1977