New Medal of Honor (Modern Day)

MaydaX

It blows me away how some gamers defend developers that release unfinished products with the excuse "they fixed it in the version" or "they will fix it later". Recent example I think of is Windows Vista being sub par when it came out and still has somewhat of a bad rap. Microsoft knew that the next version had to be done right to repair the Windows name and they followed through with Windows 7.

Am I missing something to why developers can continue to release unfinished games and they are still seen as gods to some people? I support developers based on what they deliver which is the same for other products such as electronics, vehicles, appliances, etc.

PC gaming will be doomed by the people who continue to buy these games.

It's actually pretty disappointing that people continue to buy games like this.

Mind you then again how many of those games are brought by parents of their teenagers? or by people that just don't know better?

We need to get some quality developers out there in the gaming industry that do real gaming.

EA & Activision need to stop having brain farts & remember what made them big names in the beginning

EA being the worse of the two IMO they buy up these DEV houses & then just push them to make deadlines they cant & then just release substandard crap ! no matter what the game maker says about it so I don't blame the Devs as much as I blame the damn money men, but that said certain company should grow a pair a stand up and say we can't release this crap ! & we wont (but easier said than done when held by the short & curlies)

End of the day i think it will be a case of try before you buy from now on in !. unsure.gif

MOH not touching it.

The Medal of Honor beta for the PlayStation 3 and PC is being extended! If you have a beta key rave card that says the code will expire on July 18th, don

I thinks they are not getting the interest they thought they would laugh.gif or it sucks really BAD

Cant even get it to work on the platform it was built for LMAO

Edited by jimbouk1977

I just had to laugh at this

maybe the mods would be funny to have but not nececary i dont expect to play a game for years on end

and to many players in 1 game just get cramped

demo recording doesent make the gameplay more fun

console doesent make the game more fun it's nice to have if you can kick hackers

custom maps are nice but it's the players and ever changing situations that make the game...not a new building or 2

prone and lean is a fun thing but not having them are hardly game breaking

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/16784242-post43.html

Reading his posts I'd swear he's either related to or is Bobby Kotick

Why don't you make your own game LMAO It is dicks like that, that are to blame 15 year olds who don't know any better im not saying i don't like a good tactical game i much prefer BF to COD but not the new BF thats for sure !. but saying that MW2 is a bigger joke (but it kind of works)

As ive said im all for new looks & engines but not the dumbing down of PC gaming !.

I gave up posting about shitty games some time ago. I ended up looking like a fool because of it but I can tell you that in all this time I still have not opted for MW2 and never will. The games are going to have to improve significantly before I ever consider another purchase. As it is I have purchased many a Steam game, the ones on sale that you can create custom maps and content. I usually end up laughing at the end since I don't see them as any type of tactical game. Coming from old school AA and then seeing what the gaming world has become it actually breaks my heart. I remember the old days and I know that "progress" happens but I spend more time in a few older games than in all the new ones combined. Sometimes its hard for us old timers to move on but I guess this is the direction things are heading. A new generation as it were... :(

the menus and interfaces for MoH are very annoying

screen loads and map loads {mind it is the same map} are slow as treacle

controls are very sluggish and we are back to knifing before you know there is a target, in case you want to hit someone that might appear...

i tried turning up mouse sensitivity and that made me spin around like one of those douch

Is there some sort of disease in some hardcore bf fans in which they expect every game that DICE makes be like older BF games?

Topic of sprint strafing:

When sprinting becomes combat movement instead of locomotion I don't like it. Sprint to the battle, sprint to cover, but don't sprint in a snake like motion so you can "avoid bullets" and call it necessary freedom of action. It is an impossible action. Nor should you keep yourself in a constant state of sprinting, jumping and spraying, and act like it is proper human movement. It is a design decision, not essential freedom of movement to put in arcade actions like that. BC2 still has issues with sprint+knife being a unrealistic power combination... no need for sprint strafe to add to it.

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88245&postcount=31

it is a freaking video game

anything is possible

but if we are going to talk realistic

then when i shoot someone, once, more than likely they will be dead or at the very least require a couple of the squad mates to help them.

if they are dead, they don't respawn . EVER

so you pay your money and you die 15 seconds after spawning.

game over

go buy another....realistic

stupidest bs thing i ever heard of talking about a video game

Speaking of strafing while sprinting, this $15 game looks like it will. It also has destruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQmXifRw9nM

Looks like might be worth buying scratchchin.gif i hope as he said they work on Sims for US Gov that means the engine might work as it says on the tin from the off. Shame its only 8 v 8 seems to be the only Down side "Whats the engine called again ?" ( joke ) tongue.gif Nice find Maydax

Also did you find anything on that six days in Fallujah he was on about ?

EDIT: (its 3rd person)

& LOL to the News report rolleyes.gif

Edited by jimbouk1977

@jimbouk1977

It's an FPS that follows Marines in (as you guessed it) Fallujah during Operation Iraqi Freedom/the current Iraq War. It was near completion in development, but then controversy arose over it due to it being set in the Iraq War (Being all recent and stuff, etc.) and Konami (the publisher) backed out at the last second so it's kind of stalled right now, but Atomic Games plans to self-publish it. However no release date has been announced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Days_in_Fallujah

@jimbouk1977

It's an FPS that follows Marines in (as you guessed it) Fallujah during Operation Iraqi Freedom/the current Iraq War. It was near completion in development, but then controversy arose over it due to it being set in the Iraq War (Being all recent and stuff, etc.) and Konami (the publisher) backed out at the last second so it's kind of stalled right now, but Atomic Games plans to self-publish it. However no release date has been announced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Days_in_Fallujah

yeah i know all that watch the Vid i put in before your post tongue.gif But thanks anyway (dont make me go Mr S Jacksin gif on you now)

Coming from old school AA and then seeing what the gaming world has become it actually breaks my heart. I remember the old days and I know that "progress" happens but I spend more time in a few older games than in all the new ones combined. Sometimes its hard for us old timers to move on but I guess this is the direction things are heading. A new generation as it were... :(

An old-school gamer myself and I'm a little disappointed with what I've heard/read/seen about this game too, I enjoy MoH and was really looking forward to this but as with MW2, my money stays in my wallet for the time being.

Sniper Ghost Warrior, another game I was looking forward to and when it was released (this could now be fixed) no prone was available, a sniping game without a prone option :o

The only thing I hate about this new generation of gamers is the 4 word expletives that seem to be common place now, at one time I remember you could shoot another player and you'd get a reply, nice shot or good shot, not any more, it's now **** you, you ******* **** **** ****

An old-school gamer myself and I'm a little disappointed with what I've heard/read/seen about this game too, I enjoy MoH and was really looking forward to this but as with MW2, my money stays in my wallet for the time being.

Sniper Ghost Warrior, another game I was looking forward to and when it was released (this could now be fixed) no prone was available, a sniping game without a prone option :o

The only thing I hate about this new generation of gamers is the 4 word expletives that seem to be common place now, at one time I remember you could shoot another player and you'd get a reply, nice shot or good shot, not any more, it's now **** you, you ******* **** **** ****

Sadly it seems the new form of expression. We have seen that a lot over the past couple years in most games and its usually a player that is under 15. Some so called adults are that way as well. We shall see if the pendulum starts to swing the other way any time soon...

Sadly it seems the new form of expression. We have seen that a lot over the past couple years in most games and its usually a player that is under 15. Some so called adults are that way as well. We shall see if the pendulum starts to swing the other way any time soon...

I blame the parents. I seriously do. Too much cuddling and "my child can do no wrong" attitudes. Especially here in the UK.

After a month long delay the 360 beta is out

A majority of the time when I am playing as the bad guys, the attachments on the AK-47 and the rest of the weapons are plain white. So far it hasn't happened to me when I am playing as the Rangers.

The game freezes a lot and it requires me to reset my console.

There is a slight lag when you die, it is really annoying.

There aren't really glitches, but just little things that get on my nerves or they are what I want in the game.

You once again, even after a ton of people complained about it, made the text extremely small and almost unreadable on standard definition tvs. YOU CAN fix it, but will you?

The little dots over my teammate's heads are extremely small and the color of them tends to blend into the background. However when I do see them, it hurts my eyes.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-series/1247681-beta-glitches-i-have-run-into.html

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-series/1247410-freezing.html

I blame the parents. I seriously do. Too much cuddling and "my child can do no wrong" attitudes. Especially here in the UK.

Same i agree but i also blame our Gov in the UK all this Political correctness and you can't slap your own child in my day if i had walked up to an adult and said FO to them my parents would have chastised me and then the person i said it to would have got an apology (not that i did that kind of thing) But these days i hear mothers swearing at their kids telling them to F-ing this & f-ing that of just being vulgar in general so the kids know no different then they get online & scream their heads of with profanities i normally tell them to grow up or just kick them from the server TBH i cant stand being talked to like that from someone who is my junior some parents even find it funny that their kids do this kind of thing an actively encourage it, they should all be sterilised IMO.

Wow I sound like a right-wing extremist :eek:

Sadly it's no different here in the US. :scratchchin: