PunkBuster coming to Bad Company 2

MaydaX

Well i hope that PBBANS get the file's they needed so we can stream our Bad Company 2 server also by PBBANS

So my VOTE and from all oure clan members are for the PBBANS people.

I also posted and vote on the EA forum's so let the guys now maybe think beter sand that they need all the help they can get to make it a Cheat and Hack free program.

Edited by InterceptorWYD

Ok im a nub who is Kalmalyzer??

He is the lead programmer for the PC version of BFBC2. We had a chat today but still haven't found a solution that works for both parties but we are one step closer. The evil EA lawyers are the main issue with server files it seems.

I wouldn't get your hopes up but who knows miracles do happen :)

• Upvote 1

A glimmer of hope on the horizon perhaps? ;)

If these lawyers want to see some kind of support for this from the PC gamers and how much streaming servers are wanted can we not show them in maybe a petition, I know petitions are not the best route after the MW2 fiasco but if some kind of written information was given to them and signed with say 22,000 PC gamers signatures wanting streaming servers then it might be looked on favourably.

He is the lead programmer for the PC version of BFBC2. We had a chat today but still haven't found a solution that works for both parties but we are one step closer. The evil EA lawyers are the main issue with server files it seems.

EA WILL SUE

I'm curious to know what Kalmalyzer thought about PBBans/3rd-party streaming altogether.

I'm glad to see that something positive has come out of it :lol:

The lawyers are all about the money. You want to get their attention? Don't buy the game.

i agree with the first part. However not buying the game only works if large numbers/percentage of the customer base does not buy it.

you can still be sure in your convictions and know you personally did not benefit them

but, there are way to many lemmings that will buy anything that is offered them, good, bad or indifferent for any boycott to work.

used to be everyone that i knew that played PC games were "hardcore" gamers and cared about all the related issues

now most of the PC gamers are just console players that like to be able to check their email and surf the web in between rounds

Edited by HSMagnet

I do hope they support PBBans - but I will be buying the game anyway. I have been playing the beta and can't get enough of it.

Same here Duality! :lol:

Wouldn't signing an NDA be reasonable?

Would it also benefit us by giving DICE employees their own usergroup here, like EB has, to see the workings of how this site works? By doing so, it may allow them to endorse PBBans as an affiliated PB streaming site. It couldn't hurt.

I find it quite refreshing that DICE personel are at least taking an active interest in what PBBans has to offer re anti cheat.

I should imagine that game devs thought that intergrating Punkbuster into their games would be enough to placate the players and admins that are their customer base.

Although I think that PB is the best anti cheat program out there, I also think that streaming to a 3rd party anti cheat site is a necessity these days rather than a luxury.

A hell of a lot of concerned admins have found out the hard way the truth of that statement.

Even if nothing positive transpires from the dialogue that Maydax has been having with DICE employee's re server files etc, at least the DICE guys are now aware that we exist, and more importantly how much regard our streaming game admins have for PBBans assistance in keeping their servers as cheat free as possible.

Now, if only we could find a member of EA legal who actually games and runs a server to check us out, we might be in with a chance of making a positive, proactive contribution in keeping BFBC2 as cheat free as humanly possible. :scratchchin:

There will always be undetected private cheats knocking about, but the MD5 scans we provide coupled with the Generic Bind Scans (exclusive to PBBans) make a server admins life a lot easier in fighting the good fight.

• Upvote 4

+1 @ fozzer

And thanks MaydaX for keeping us updated, regardless the positive or negative outcome.

I sincerely hope to see pbbans being able to perform a "valid" streaming protection and not just a server log file streaming and pbss screenshot sharing based on these logs (referring to other potential AC

I wish they could actually be SGAs for a month to see how invaluable pbbans is to the gaming community. Maybe then they could appreciate more what this place means to the gaming community.

I know all games will be hacked but I can't help but believe that streaming is a huge deterrent. I only wish they realized that. Hackers realize the power of streaming, that's why they try to DDoS this place. Once *some* people realize there is no real consequence to cheating what's to stop them? If DICE knew what we knew then perhaps they would work on a solution that works for every one.

Not sure I will buy the game, at least not straight away. I never bought MW2 and have not regretted it. I can remember going into one of my favorite COD4 servers not long after MW2 was released and noticed some regs/admins saying they saw people they knew from COD4 cheating in MW2. I guess with no MPI/MBI/streaming some of those once honest players had no reason to stay honest. Pity.

Yeah, I preordered it and have been playing the beta. But, whether or not I fire up a server for it will depend on if it will be able to stream to PBBans. Streaming = yes will have server, actually a squad rush server. No streaming = stick with what I have and wait for next big thing. Maybe Crysis 2 will have what I want.

+1 @ fozzer

And thanks MaydaX for keeping us updated, regardless the positive or negative outcome.

Yes.

Thanks again for taking the time for all of us.

Edited by numbnutts

Yes.

Thanks again for taking the time for all of us.

Yes, I agree. I appreciate it also, on behalf of my clan too. PBBans provides a service for us that is valuable beyond words to those of us who are hopeless online game addicts, like myself. Thanks again MaydaX regardless of the outcome!

Guys im still alive and thinking about you ;)

The .:iE/ dedi box is still down for maintenance so i still cant put the servers back up for streaming.

On the otherhand we are planning to rent a 32 slot BC2 server for 6 months so thats what brought me back to here to look how it will be with the support for BC2.

I have good hopes that PBBans will have streaming support in the future, PB support without PBBans = NO SUPPORT

Edited by Earzz