Guilty until proven Innocent

berlow

well, looking around on this forum I'm reading about other people who had legit keys which soon turned sour..

but even so, the point is still: are you punishing cheating or are you punishing supposed piracy etc? there are cracked servers which don't mind "piraters" playing the game, but also use punkbuster to stop cheaters... punkbuster then bans the piraters who happen to have a key once used by a cheater...

are you punishing cheating or are you punishing supposed piracy etc?

We ban GUIDs which have raised a punkbuster violation, so only cheaters.

there are cracked servers which don't mind "piraters" playing the game, but also use punkbuster to stop cheaters... punkbuster then bans the piraters who happen to have a key once used by a cheater...

We know, and we do not allow cracked servers to stream to us.

you are still confused

cracked servers are not allowed to stream here

PunkBuster is not PBBans

if 2000 people had the key before you, it is not legit

have fun in your own reality as i know you will never allow yourself to perceive this one

for the 3rd time, the graphs were a spoof, but they still have a point. You don't know if someone playing on a "public" GUID is a cheater unless they have a cheat program enabled ... so don't punish them for it until they do! If you want to save yourself the trouble of individually sorting it, then a system of having an auto-kick which tells you that your GUID has been used by a cheater and is suspect "so change it" would be a more time-efficient and user-friendly alternative.

and no, i'm not really sure if this is the right place to argue for a change of "the system", but if anyone understood what I've written then they'd be able to point it in the right direction

"

We ban GUIDs which have raised a punkbuster violation, so only cheaters."

no, you ban non cheaters who happen to use those GUIDS too (well, you ban them to the same extent you ban anyone... "Get a new GUID")

Edited by Benway
yah ... tells you that the cheat you are running has been detected "so find another one", here we go finally. rofl @ time-efficient, you lost your key, so blame - guess who.

Let me explain one more thing to you, and that is the end of this thread and this discussion:

GUID: Globally Unique Identifier

If you share it, then that is at your own risk. We ban GUIDs, not persons, since this should only affect one person a ban. Knowing that, there's no difference between your system and ours.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/announcement-global-pb-hardware-and-guid-bans-a2-in-forum546.html