Cod4 Rcon hack?

squinter

Not sure if I have posted in the correct section but I come across a player who has managed to download server configs and gained access to the rcon password, he even went to the extent of recording himself taking over my server.

*Edit* Link Removed *Edit*

Player name: KK Lolwat

Guid: 04b57b98 And I'm sure (if i used the guid search correctly) he has previous bans

Is there anything pbbans can do other than me banning him from my server? I know about changing the server.cfg which had already been done to something random name for the .cfg but he was still able to gain access. Rcon password was also made up of random word and numbers

Thanks in advance

I wasn't advertising anything to do with a hack, read the post

hey squinter. Thanks for the information. The issue is since the video desplays information to the "hacking site" this constitutes as "advertising cheats" on pbbans.

I wasn't advertising anything to do with a hack, read the post

HSMagnet sometimes has a way with words or lack thereof :P but the intentions were simply for the better since many videos or links have reference information in them and unfortunately in some cases, curiousity kills the cat.

Really the only thing you can do is disable downloads in your config with this one setting, set sv_allowdownload "0" and then doing what you did with changing the config name and using a strong rcon password.

Sorry that wasn't my intention was just more of proof to try and get that guid banned to stop him from doing it in future, but according to what they claim it's more than just downloading the config via an exploit, same one used for cod2 etc, they are claiming they are able to do this by gaining access to the FTP and access whatever configs or files they wish

HSMagnet sometimes has a way with words or lack thereof :P but the intentions were simply for the better since many videos or links have reference information in them and unfortunately in some cases, curiousity kills the cat.

Really the only thing you can do is disable downloads in your config with this one setting, set sv_allowdownload "0" and then doing what you did with changing the config name and using a strong rcon password.

at least i am gentler than piggy!! :o

Sorry that wasn't my intention was just more of proof to try and get that guid banned to stop him from doing it in future, but according to what they claim it's more than just downloading the config via an exploit, same one used for cod2 etc, they are claiming they are able to do this by gaining access to the FTP and access whatever configs or files they wish

don't see how they can get FTP access unless the PW is easy or leaked

we changed our PW regularly for RCON and FTP

Edited by HSMagnet