Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

buttscratcher

Ok, people just don't seem to be getting the message, so:

Valve does not set the prices on Steam - they are entirely up to the publishers of the games. Some chose to convert $1--->£1--->1 EUR. We do not.

So, here is a worked example of Steam pricing for RO2 we MIGHT do for Europe (dependent on exchange rates over the next few weeks):

• MSRP in the USA: $39.99
  • Converts to 27.79 EUR today, or 24.73 GBP
  • VAT (which has to be included in the price when selling in Europe) is 20% in the UK, a bit variable across the Euro countries around 19-20%.
  • Including VAT takes those prices to 33.35 EUR and 29.68 GBP
  • We'd round those (up, most likely), looking at normal price break-points, so that we are close to retail prices. Lets see some current examples:

Duke Nukem Forever - 39.99/34.99 GBP/39.00 EUR (odd...)

CoDBLOPS - 40.57/26.45 GBP/32.50 EUR

CoDMW3 - 40.57 GBP/56.99 EUR

CoDMW2 - 39.99 GBP/39.45 EUR

Actually, those examples really don't help ... lol. So, I could see us doing:

39.99 USD - 34.99 EUR - 29.99 GBP. But I could be quite wrong - we'll also talk to the retail distributors before we set the final price in each territory!

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=53445

New screenshots of Red Orchestra 2 and the Rising Storm mod.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/30/the-shell-game-new-red-orchestra-2-shots/

Yeah, I like the look of it. Fleshtones are a little flat, but that is nothing. Looks very good and modern, yet has a certain dire quality. I like the lighting also.

I understand its a cam and not the best way to view the video to make a proper judgement, but its not really doing much for me at all.

Looks like painfully "old" technology.

butt

looks ok from first little bit. haven't watched the whole vid watched the vid. bad cam is bad imo

tbh i am much more interested in gameplay than visuals

Doesn't help that some expect BF3 / Crysis 2 level visuals either.

Ramm-Jaeger']The reason there is no action in the video, is that it is just a 2 on 2 deathmatch. We had a full 32 player server up for the event, and ran for 3 hours full of people from the beta + the 4 computers at the event. But to be quite frank, the journalists were getting a rough go of it from playing against the devs (who have been playing the game for years), and the testers who have been playing the game for months. So after the main event was over, some of the press requested we set up a 4 player Firefight (TDM) match so they could get a feel for the mechanics without getting shot by the more experienced players. Now for some reason these guys decided to record THAT instead of the 32 player match that lasted for 3 hours ... go figure

Regarding the impression of the Eurogamer guy on how hardcore the game was, with all of the greenhorn press guys jumping into a server full of some of the most experienced and hardcore RO players on earth - well that was a recipe for ownage. We tried to bring in some new players to the beta in time for the event so we could have a server full of new players, but it just didn't happen fast enough.

In other words, the game really isn't THAT hardcore. Its tougher than COD (but not extremely so), and way more accessible than Arma. I think one of the new beta guys that just joined up from the Crosshairs web show summed it up best the other day when he told me (after his second day of playing) paraphrasing: "I didn't have any problem with the accessibility of the game. Even with a couple of minor gripes I mentioned, I'll say right now this game is replacing COD for me."

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102154&postcount=17

http://crosshairschat.com/index.php/forum/11-red-orchestra-heroes-of-stalingrad/84-report-from-inside-twis-beta#84

Report From Inside TWI's Beta

Now you Know the title is just a teensy bit misleading. Yet maybe not.

What I can say is that some died in the wool (There's a pun there)

long time COD gamers are enjoying the gameplay in the beta.

Ahhh the gameplay.

By now you should have no doubt that the gameplay is what drives ROHOS.

It's just good.

When I reported from Inside TWI in late winter I was blown away by what this

military shooter could do.

I know a beta is for bug fixing....yeah yeah.

Yet there is nothing in the NDA that says you can't say COD players are enjoying it.

That wouldn't be right.

Enjoy the beta wednesday gentlemen while I make my son's doctors appointment.

pinch.png

looks ok from first little bit. haven't watched the whole vid watched the vid. bad cam is bad imo

I can appreciate that perspective. But on the flipside of that coin, why spend the $ for a new title, when its a rehashed look/features?

Doesn't help that some expect BF3 / Crysis 2 level visuals either.

Iam sure the limited "nitch" fanbase wont mind... But I'd predict they wont pick up much crossover/new players, with little to no pizzaz.

butt

• 2 weeks later...
It's quite fun. Game is different to say the least, in a good way :)

The screenshots and low res videos don't do it justice.

I like the devs anyway, I've put a huge amount of time into Killing Floor so anything they release is an instant buy for me :D

I like the devs anyway, I've put a huge amount of time into Killing Floor so anything they release is an instant buy for me :D

i was playing KF today

that game has really been a sweet purchase. lasting longer than many games i paid many times over for

• Upvote 1

i was playing KF today

that game has really been a sweet purchase. lasting longer than many games i paid many times over for

Yep, played that a lot and still playing the original RO to this day... Might be a niche but many have been running their games and mod content for a long time now... All without paid DLC. <_ this should get interesting... :jam:>

I agree and I like the fact they keep the game fresh with the updates/seasonal content too.

They give us free maps, etc. and I buy their DLC character packs, everyone's a winner :D

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post about these.

ro2webadminingamesmall.jpg

The first shot shows off a WIP version of our WebAdmin tool running through the Steam overlay. Yep, day one server admin tools you can use while in-game

ro2preserveradsmall.jpg

The second shot shows off a feature we have seen requested a lot on these forums and by server admins we have chatted with. This is the "Pre-Game Server Ad" which is set up by a server admin to advertise/promote their clan/gaming community, etc. Everything on that page is configurable by the server admin. You provide a link to the image at the top, the welcome text below, you fill in whatever message you want in the paragraph below that, and finally you put in a link at the bottom that when clicked on opens up the web page in the Steam overlay browser. So you can link people that join your server to your Clan/Community webpage. You can also modify the color of the text shown if you want to.

Anyway, not pretty gameplay pictures, but something I thought the people here would be interested in. Enjoy!

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23340