Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Seems to me that there are some in this thread that are looking for any reason to throw a negative comment at BF3 no matter how it turns out.

As I posted on twitter

It's hard to be excited for BF3 and MW3 after the past releases from both sides. I don't forget the bugs, lag and other issues.

I gave up on getting excited for new games from EA and Activision years ago. Too many let downs. I do hope BF3 is the BF game that makes it enjoyable for me but after MW2, BC2 and MoH, I'm waiting to actually play BF3 on my PC before I really give it a thumbs up or down.

An update from both sides that was posted on the EAUK forums.

As my Twitter profile says, I am a PC gamer. I am purely a PC community guy and am not employed by Activision in any way. I am also a huge Battlefield fan.

I was invited down to LA by Activision for a Call of Duty event the day before and they were nice enough to provide me with a pass to E3 as well.

I´m not going to go in on a personal level until I hear what has been said and done by everyone. I do have to point out though that last year when I tried to access the black ops lounge at gamescom with my exhibitor pass they told me the same thing.

And I am not taking sides right now. Just explaining that it goes both ways unfortunately.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1404091-gamer-not-allowed-play-bf3-e3-because-he-wore-activision-badge.html

Seems to me that there are some in this thread that are looking for any reason to throw a negative comment at BF3 no matter how it turns out.

Thats the nature of forums ;)

man i forgot that EA forums are over run with unkindness :o

I'm not throwing negativity at BF3, just mainly don't want BF3 to be another letdown in my books like BC2 was. If I was developing the sequel to BF2, I would listen to the community what they wanted, and then work from there. There was too many things that I didn't like in BC2, and I fear that BF3 is just going to be more like BC2 and less BF2.

The interview is in swedish, but Lars mentions that if there would be 64 players in rush would be a "meatgrind" if everyone tried to arm the last crate and they have done tests with it. Most likely the playercount will be reduced.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1404239-no-64-players-rush.html

http://www.fz.se/filmer/20110608/battlefield-3-intervju-med-lars-gustavsson/

Well the latest stream was a big waste of time.

Couple things were confirmed...

Quick Knife. Fail

Mapname: Operation Oilfields (It's in one of the videos)

Mapname: Rolling Thunder (Tank level)

Platoons = Clans, another fail, so 4 f***ing man squads.

Yea DICE does great listening to the community. Bulls***!

I actually like the quick knife option - hope they put it in. As for rush mode, two things I hope they get rid of when you go to arm/disarm the crate, the auto picking up of someone else's weapon and the ability to place C4 anywhere near the damn thing.

I actually like the quick knife option - hope they put it in. As for rush mode, two things I hope they get rid of when you go to arm/disarm the crate, the auto picking up of someone else's weapon and the ability to place C4 anywhere near the damn thing.

I think they've already said arming/disarming and picking up a kit will be two different buttons.

Well the latest stream was a big waste of time.

Couple things were confirmed...

Quick Knife. Fail

Mapname: Operation Oilfields (It's in one of the videos)

Mapname: Rolling Thunder (Tank level)

Platoons = Clans, another fail, so 4 f***ing man squads.

Yea DICE does great listening to the community. Bulls***!

Game is months out, things can change.

Außer über Online-Server wird Battlefield 3 zudem im LAN-Modus laufen. Das verspricht uns Patrick Söderlund, der seit 1999 bei Dice an der Battlefield-Serie gearbeitet hat und heute als Vizepräsident die europäische Games-Sparte von EA betreut.

Aside from online server, battlefield 3 will also run in LAN mode. That promises us Patrick Söderlund, who has worked since 1999 at dice's battlefield series and today serves the European Games Division of EA as Vice President.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/battlefield-3/artikel/battlefield_3,45612,2323505.html

In the interview he says nothing about LAN-mode. Article is wrong. Not confirmed at all.

http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/78867423528361984

Guess it's wait and see

Yeah... but with DICE's recent track record.... not going to get my hopes up. Maybe they'll prove me wrong on it.

True, but if it doesn't get fixed for release, it will in a patch.

True, but if it doesn't get fixed for release, it will in a patch.

Which would require 3 additional patches to actually fix it AND un-f**k anything they broke :P

• Upvote 1

Which would require 3 additional patches to actually fix it AND un-f**k anything they broke :P

Sad but true. Hate to be a hater, but they set their own track record w/ Bc2. +1 for the laugh.

In all sincerity, I do hope they hit a home run w/ Bf3. Would like to start to see some actual details on what the game will have/wont have... I mean is this a true "BattleField" title, or a Bc2 reboot - w/ a few Bf2 maps thrown in to make us feel better?

What would be real nice of DICE, would be to throw us guys/gals that supported the ongoing Bf3 beta *coughBc2cough* a bone, and turn us loose on the (oh my god I hope they're having one) closed beta.

butt

Remember though. It is not DICE who makes the decisions about the games, it is EA. If EA did not own DICE, then we would probably have much better games and server files. So, if a game comes out with glitches and bugs, it is usually because EA tells DICE to release the game anyway without fixing them for the time being. All EA wants is quantity, not quality. DICE on the other hand wants quality, but EA is their boss. :)

Too bad DICE did not go with Take-Two Interactive rather than EA. The games may have been a lot better.

Remember though. It is not DICE who makes the decisions about the games, it is EA. If EA did not own DICE, then we would probably have much better games and server files. So, if a game comes out with glitches and bugs, it is usually because EA tells DICE to release the game anyway without fixing them for the time being. All EA wants is quantity, not quality. DICE on the other hand wants quality, but EA is their boss. :)

Too bad DICE did not go with Take-Two Interactive rather than EA. The games may have been a lot better.

If they worked for Take-Two, they would be making console games like everyone else.

@Demize99 @zh1nt0 The movement system in #BF3 looks very fluid, almost BRINK-like, From footage looks like Strafe Running added is this true

@SBS_NEWS Yes, you can strafe while sprinting.

http://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/79578019227901952

That's awesome news to me.

As most of you know, EA recently announced an exclusive DLC for preordering BF3. If you don't purchase the pre-order or limited edition version of BF3, you will have to pay extra for the Karkand expansion pack. The only thing not included in the Karkand Expansion pack is the Guns and ammunition, which will create an unfair advantage people who pre-order. As well, charging people extra to play maps available on day one. This was a decision made by EA, and not DICE. DICE and all of us need your help to get EA to wake up and change their decision. The Hive Mind of Reddit has a GREAT influence over the internet, and a lot of the media as well. Whether the rest of the world knows or not. Please remember to be POLITE in these emails. A bunch of spamming telling them what dumb asses they are probably wont help much. This thread points out that a boycott called by sarcastic gamer against BFBC1, that eventually caused EA to change their mind.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/hy24b/battlefield_3_preorder_dlc_boycott_coordination/

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1405158-appeal-gaming-media.html

From a user standpoint, especially on PC, having to pay for maps is dumb, it splits the community into have and have nots. I just love getting kicked from cod:blops servers because I don't have that map.

From a business standpoint, it increases immediate revenue while reducing the playability of the game, which in their mind means we're more likely to buy Medal of Honor 2: On the Battleshits of Nofunday.

They're wrong!

I hope.

lion the tiger