Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Don't really understand people preordering any game, really. It's not like there will be a shortage on day one, so it's not first come first serve. Also, giving EA my cash 4 months early and them getting the benefit out of it without paying me any interest doesn't sit well with me.

Don't really understand people preordering any game, really. It's not like there will be a shortage on day one, so it's not first come first serve. Also, giving EA my cash 4 months early and them getting the benefit out of it without paying me any interest doesn't sit well with me.

much like those who paid for Battlefield 1943 for the PC thinks :)

Don't really understand people preordering any game, really. It's not like there will be a shortage on day one, so it's not first come first serve.

That used to be the primary reason. Now it's all about getting sales before seeing the game so the player doesn't have the option to get their money back once released. How many people would not have bought various games over the years if they played them first or waited for reviews from their friends. The smart gamer who waits for games to be released to see if it's a dud or not are the ones being punished. One thing Activision did right was the limited editions. They gave physical items instead of selling exclusive unlocks.

It's funny that some players say the exclusive unlocks don't give much of an advance if any yet when you talk about cheaters they pull the unfair advantage card. If they added aim assist people would be in an uproar (Crysis 2 players were). Man I miss the old days before BF2.

I've been saying for years that paid map packs splits the community again and again. BF2 / BF2142 boosters, MoH hotzone and Crysis 2 Retaliation all had low player counts (Can't speak for MW2 and Black Ops as there is no player data to compare). It's 2011, the technology behind games have advanced so much but the marketing departments are stuck in the past.

what scares me is the lack of stability in the EA forums. it times out as much as floozy flashes her boobs been try to post the same reply for a couple of days now

makes everyone associated with EA look bad

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/13/battlefield-3-vs-modern-warfare-3-this-is-the-beginning-of-the-war-says-ea-boss/ This kinda crap puts me off games lol. Nothing but hype and fast becoming a pantomime. Let the games speak for themselves fgs. If I wanted to see drama queens and bitching I'd watch glee lol.
  • Upvote 1

Q: Is the Physical Warfare Pack available in all regions, or just in the UK?

A: It will be available worldwide at select retailers. It was first announced in the UK. Exact details for other countries and retailers will be announced at a later date.

Q: Will Physical Warfare Pack imbalance the game?

A: The three exclusive items in the Physical Warfare Pack were specifically chosen not to be overpowered or imbalance or break the game in any way.

Q: Why do I want the Physical Warfare Pack?

A: Owning these items will give you a more varied arsenal, but it will not give you a significant advantage on the battlefield.

Q: Is the Back to Karkand expansion pack exclusive to pre-orders?

A: No. You can also buy it separately if you do not pre-order Battlefield 3. Back to Karkand will be available the exact same date after the launch of Battlefield 3 no matter if you pre-ordered or buy it separately.

Q: When will the Back to Karkand expansion pack be released?

A: We have not yet announced the Back to Karkand expansion pack release date.

Q: How much does the Back to Karkand Expansion pack cost?

A: We have not yet announced a price. However, it will be included in the Limited Edition at no extra charge.

Q: Do I have to choose between Back to Karkand and the Physical Warfare Pack as my pre-order bonus?

A: No. There is no way you can pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition and not end up with the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge. On top of this, select retailers all over the world will carry the Physical Warfare Pack. Exact details for other countries and retailers will be announced at a later date.

Q: Why do you offer pre-order bonus items?

A: Because we believe in rewarding our core fanbase with special offers -- such as giving them the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/13/physical-warfare-pack-and-back-to-karkand-questions-answered.aspx

Isn´t a "more varied arsenal" a "significant advantage"?

BF was always about adapting to particular situations, and with more gear it´s easier to adapt...e.g. the flechette ammo for close quarter combat.

But let´s wait for more announcements regarding extra packs for specific countries...

Edited by wraahhm

A point of clarification for all of our Battlefield fans. We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack to all Battlefield 3 players later this year

wow, we bitched enough they changed their tune

gotta love how he threw all the DICE employees that stated there was no other way to get the exclusives under the bus

Nice, now... Increase squad size, remove 3d spotting, keep killcam off, give back at karkand to everyone, and future DLC to everyone. I know the last one is doubtful, but it can't hurt to dream right?

Sad part is many think this was the plan all along and that people bitched for nothing.

lS85u.png

http://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/72790794532171776

There was no plans to release it to everyone later. Demize99's comment proves that. I will guess the boycott news spread and pre-orders cancellations started to rise. That's why it went from pre-order only exclusive to time-based exclusive. It's damage control :)

Least they listened.

• Upvote 2

Sad part is many think this was the plan all along and that people bitched for nothing.

lS85u.png

http://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/72790794532171776

There was no plans to release it to everyone later. Demize99's comment proves that. I will guess the boycott news spread and pre-orders cancellations started to rise. That's why it went from pre-order only exclusive to time-based exclusive. It's damage control :)

Least they listened.

I cancelled my preorder and told them that was exactly why.

Yea it could be a war zone with EA all over again, if anyone like me had problems with patches and ordering than u know what I mean. As long as the game is solidly built :scratchchin: and they had a good plan and it works we should have another good BF experience, unless hacks become a huge issue like some games have seen. I hope PB or someone that hopes to control hacking came prepared to the war. Or else it will be a huge sham that everyone will remember, Just my opinion though. ;)

Edited by FTDCrazyKL

lol...yeah there is...for some reason he's supposed to be up front as Assault now though.

Where else would you expect to find a combat medic other than at the sharp end supporting assaulting troops :P

With classes like that it means DICE is at least returning to the BF2142 class system and that is the best four person class system in my opinion

Where else would you expect to find a combat medic other than at the sharp end supporting assaulting troops :P

Only this time it brings a whole new meaning to "physician, heal thyself !!' as they have to assault and medic.

With both Recon and Support providong support (as per description) and Engies playing Tank wars....its gonna be fun being a "medic".

On the plus side...at least you will now be able to launch a one man assault and not have to worry about someone, hopefully, following you with med kits.

All thats missing now is the best medic gun from BF2...the SA-80 !!!

Only this time it brings a whole new meaning to "physician, heal thyself !!' as they have to assault and medic.

With both Recon and Support providong support (as per description) and Engies playing Tank wars....its gonna be fun being a "medic".

On the plus side...at least you will now be able to launch a one man assault and not have to worry about someone, hopefully, following you with med kits.

All thats missing now is the best medic gun from BF2...the SA-80 !!!

I just hope by "Recon" they don't mean BFBC2 recon style. Nothing worse than a sniper running around with auto weapons or shotguns but still having the benefits of the sniper accessories.

I could possibly see recon with automatics, but better not be seeing them with shotguns. After playing BF2 so long it was messed up trying to knife a sniper, only to have them turn around and blast you with a shotty. :angry: