Battlefield 3

MaydaX

I just hope by "Recon" they don't mean BFBC2 recon style. Nothing worse than a sniper running around with auto weapons or shotguns but still having the benefits of the sniper accessories.

This is why it was a recon class, not a sniper class.

• Upvote 1

This is why it was a recon class, not a sniper class.

+1

there will always be campers

i see medics doing it in w/ M60

assualts doing it with AN-94

hell, engis and teh carl

All I hope for is that the aircraft fly exactly like in BF2, none of this circle strafing bs that I see everyday in BC2 (xbox atleast) and I want more squad mates, not just 3

and all I hope for is a seamless intergration of PB thats fully functional and working with all its "bells and whistles" from day1 of release :P

Along with a 99% pbss success rate instead of .99% success.

Along with a 99% pbss success rate instead of .99% success.

Actually it will be 100% failure rate as BF3 doesn't have DX9. Unless ofc it will be fixed for BF3.

Actually it will be 100% failure rate as BF3 doesn't have DX9. Unless ofc it will be fixed for BF3.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Frosbite 2 will only be for DX10 and DX11, correct? They should use DX9 also.

BREAKDOWN OF PRE-ORDER INCENTIVES FOR BATTLEFIELD 3

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

What it is: An entire themed expansion pack the size of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.

Where to get: You will be eligible to download this expansion pack (once it is released) if you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition at any retailer all over the world.

Available: Release date of Back to Karkand TBC. This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available day one.

Value: At no extra charge with every pre-order of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. You will be able to buy it separately if you don't pre-order (date and price TBC).

More info: In this blog post. More to come.

Physical Warfare Pack

What it is: A set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3.

Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

Available: Day 1 if you pre-order. If you do not pre-order, you will get access to this content at no extra charge at a later date.

Value: At no extra charge with your pre-order at select retailers.

More info: In this blog post.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade

What it is: A set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.

Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

Available: Day 1.

Dog Tag Pack

What it is: A set of 5 unique in-game dog tags to choose from. Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 5 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.

What it is: Battlefield 3 gear for your Xbox 360 avatar.

Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free

What it is: An 870S shotgun and a beret for in-game use in our play-for-free title Battlefield Play4Free.

Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin.

Value: At no extra charge with your pre-order on Origin.

More info: In this blog post.

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/pre-order-bonus-items-battlefield3-limited-edition

Damn...didn't realise there was thet much.

Can't help but wonder though...if they are throwing this much out there as an incentive to buy the game early, just how much is going to go wrong or, more to the point, just how little is actually going to be in the game when it is released.

Damn...didn't realise there was thet much.

Can't help but wonder though...if they are throwing this much out there as an incentive to buy the game early, just how much is going to go wrong or, more to the point, just how little is actually going to be in the game when it is released.

It's not really that much. The last items are for a completely different game. The shotgun and beret are for BF:play4free.

The special avatar junk for xbox 360 is nothing special, all EA games have done that. People who want that shit will pay for it

The only thing I didn't know about on that list was the SPECACT kits and the dogtag pack

As much as I'm looking forward to the game I won't be pre-ordering, they can tempt me with their goodies all they want but I'll only pre-order now from certain devs.

Noticed it said PWP was part of 3-set theme pack? I'm assuming they will make all 3 available for free after a certain period of time?

GameStar: Will there be modding tools?

Söderlund: Well, as of now, we are not going to make any modding tools, no.

GameStar: Okay, why?

Söderlund: Because if you look at the Frostbite engine, and how complex it is, it's going to be very difficult for people to mod the game, because of the nature of the set up of levels, of the destruction and all those things… it's quite tricky. So we think it's going to be too big of a challenge for people to make a mod.

http://battlefieldo.com/dice-confirms-no-mod-tools-for-bf3/

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1409314-dice-confirms-no-mod-tools-bf3.html

We all knew there would be no mod tools again but what bugs me is the reason they give. Would have been better to say it can't be ran outside a server farm or something then to say people will find it too difficult to use.

greedy and lazy ……

Yeah I don’t buy that for a minute.

That is such a weak excuse. At least give the community a chance to try make mods.

Electronic Arts senior vice president he might be, but if Patrick Soderlund makes an obvious PR blunder as to come up with such a "lame" excuse as that, maybe he should leave the PR to more competent liars :P

he has on a lacoste shirt ffs

that is so 1970's

just say no mod tools

don't insult potential customers

unless you run an insult business, of course

Here at DICE, we're very proud of the team play functionality that we have become known and loved for in the Battlefield series, and we're continuing to embrace that approach for Battlefield 3, but not without a few upgrades for the new game. In Battlefield 3, we're making sure each of the four playable classes (Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon) are each completely capable of holding their own in combat. While they each have different specialties, each class is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

If you're that kind of lone wolf player who simply wants to jump in and cook some fools, that's perfectly fine – we're making sure each class in Battlefield 3 packs a mean punch on their own, giving you another chance to play it your way. However, we're also hard at work fine-tuning each class and their unique team play capabilities, so squads in Battlefield 3 will be able to function tightly, giving even more reasons to team play than ever before.

MP_5F00_Character_5F00_Profiles_5F00_US.png

As mentioned, the four classes available in Battlefield 3 are Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon. All classes include familiar elements, but this time around, we're tweaking things a bit, bringing something new to our online multiplayer. Our Assault class is still the frontline run and gun class, and considering the havoc and fallen team members someone will see while on the frontlines, the Assault soldier now has medic abilities. That's right, all the abilities such as medkits and defibrillators typically found on the Medic class are now incorporated into Assault. It makes sense that the class on the frontline will be able to revive fallen team mates, right? Right! Remember, you can play it your way, so if you want to customize your Assault soldier more towards medic abilities or towards serious gunplay, it's totally up to you.

Engineers are returning in Battlefield 3, bringing back the class in charge of making repairs to the various vehicles on the battlefield. On the other hand, the Engineer is very adept at taking down vehicles as well – this class includes RPGs that can take down armored targets that can't be destroyed by bullets alone, or even building facades that enemy combatants may be using to take cover. Add the fact that an Engineer's arsenal includes Carbine weapons, you get an extremely versatile multiplayer class that can truly move like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

The Support class makes its return in Battlefield 3, incorporating the ability to use light machine guns and can lay down heavy fire, allowing him to become a serious mobile weapons platform. "Support has always been about heavy infantry firepower from his LMG," says Alan Kertz, Senior Multiplayer Designer at DICE. "It's a role that we've wanted to feel different than Assault's running and gunning."

This brings us to two new features in Battlefield 3: Bipods and Suppressive Fire. Bipods have a very practical use, especially for LMGs, as they provide a substantial increase in stability while laying down a base of fire. Bipods can be deployed anywhere by zooming in with your LMG when prone, or when standing/kneeling in front of suitable supports, such as a window sill. The stability created by deploying a Bipod gives players a massive boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. You'll be able to unload an entire clip of 200 bullets from your LMG with great accuracy without even letting go of the trigger, all thanks to the Bipod.

Suppressive Fire is a new in-game mechanic that changes how you can play the game. When you lay down fire in close vicinity to an enemy, the incoming barrage will show up as a graphical blur effect on his screen to stress him and let him know it's not safe to pop out from behind cover. Just as importantly, this mechanic also affects his character's in-game firing accuracy, making him less of a threat by using real world tactics. Better yet? You get team play experience points for doing so!

"Supported shooting with Bipods and Suppressive Fire finally allows us to achieve an obvious difference between Assault and Support, since the heavy LMGs are not terribly mobile," explains Kertz. "When deployed with a Bipod, they become an incredibly powerful force. Suppressive Fire forces the enemy to keep their head down and lets the Support gunner pin his enemies in place so teammates can flank."

Love him or hate him, Recon is the long range sniper class for Battlefield 3 who excels at gathering intel while on the battlefield. His sniper scope gives this class a distinct view of the battlefield, making Recon particularly suited for spotting enemies as seen in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, ensuring your entire team can see the locations of spotted members of the opposing team. "Recon traditionally has been seen as just a sniper," Kertz said. "We wanted to change that perception, so we've built several completely new teamplay oriented gadgets specifically for the Recon class so he can be a team player, even if he's sitting on the top of Wookie Mountain." We'll talk more about these toys and how they work in a blog post a bit further down the road.

Even though each soldier has a default loadout, they're there for you to completely customize, making sure you're able to cater to your own unique style so you can play it your way. We'll be able to talk more about unlocks, persistence and customization later in the Battleblog series, so stay tuned for more on Battlefield 3 soon!

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/07/07/battleblog-2-with-a-bit-of-class.aspx

Suppressive Fire is a new in-game mechanic that changes how you can play the game. When you lay down fire in close vicinity to an enemy, the incoming barrage will show up as a graphical blur effect on his screen to stress him and let him know it's not safe to pop out from behind cover. Just as importantly, this mechanic also affects his character's in-game firing accuracy, making him less of a threat by using real world tactics. Better yet? You get team play experience points for doing so!

I can see it now, a full team of supports gaining experience points by camping the spawns :(

I can see it now, a full team of supports gaining experience points by camping the spawns :(

Hopefully there will be competent admins who will prevent that, I also hope that they bring the fog of war back. Think you could only see 100m in front of you on city maps

Edited by No_Nickname

Hmmm, something new there in the last several games??? :scratchchin:

Hopefully there will be competent admins who will prevent that, I also hope that they bring the fog of war back. Think you could only see 100m in front of you on city maps

Probably won't have enough control over your servers so banning them would hurt their feelings and all... :eek: No sarcasm there... :lol:

I just hope the maps don't have strong choke points. Its a killer in BC2. Specially vietnam conquest.

Edited by vetsfast

I just hope the maps don't have strong choke points. Its a killer in BC2. Specially vietnam conquest.

you got that right! hell a minor choke point can be a nightmare if your teammates are thick headed

Guess it all depends on their motivation. If they are cutting back on the building destruction side of things so they can make doing a demo feature less taxing on the file size and complexity - then ok.

Hate to keep beating the same drum, but its almost mid July, and we still know amazing little about what this game will and will not have. So far it is shaping up just like Bc2. Fantastic artwork on the front end, list of exclusions on the back end. Hope I am wrong :huh:

butt