Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Guess it all depends on their motivation. If they are cutting back on the building destruction side of things so they can make doing a demo feature less taxing on the file size and complexity - then ok.

Hate to keep beating the same drum, but its almost mid July, and we still know amazing little about what this game will and will not have. So far it is shaping up just like Bc2. Fantastic artwork on the front end, list of exclusions on the back end. Hope I am wrong :huh:

butt

no, you are not wrong.

i just hope it is not as bad as BC2 was at launch

- Hitboxes are much improved in comparison with BFBC2.

- Recoil is really hard and needs to get used to.

- The closed betatest for MoH owners will be held but no word on date yet.

- There will be ingame VOIP.

- The anticheat system is PunkBuster.

- There are three slots for weapon customization.

- Character customization will be up but no word on details.

- BF3 will be greatly optimized. DICE is willing to optimize it for all platforms and hardware.

- System specs won`t be

- Hitboxes are much improved in comparison with BFBC2.

- Recoil is really hard and needs to get used to.

- The closed betatest for MoH owners will be held but no word on date yet.

- There will be ingame VOIP.

- The anticheat system is PunkBuster.

- There are three slots for weapon customization.

- Character customization will be up but no word on details.

- BF3 will be greatly optimized. DICE is willing to optimize it for all platforms and hardware.

- System specs won`t be "fantastic". They will be reasonable.

- The feeling of BF3 is truly different. It`s not BF2 and not BFBC2.

- BF3 will be highly cybersports-oriented.

- There`s no final decision about commo-rose at DICE.

- There`s closed area at DICE office where people work on unannounced project icon_wink.gif .

- Battlelog is a web-application for BF3.

http://battlefieldo.com/punkbuster-officially-confirmed/

But will VOIP work this time?

What the hell does "Bf3 will be highly cybersports-oriented" mean?

Wheres the "battlefield specfic" feature - demo recorder information?

butt

Could refer to unranked server files, battle-recorder, more server options for e-sports, ready up option, etc etc. So many things it could apply to. Too vague to get anyones hopes up.

VOIP worked in BF2, you just needed to install/set it up properly.

I was talking about Bc2, and it is still does not work with any consistantly. Figure if the game is being built on a revamped FB 1.5, then its going to fair to expect more Bc2 than Bf2.

butt

• Upvote 1

I was talking about Bc2, and it is still does not work with any consistantly. Figure if the game is being built on a revamped FB 1.5, then its going to fair to expect more Bc2 than Bf2.

butt

Ah ya I never used VOIP in any games anymore really too many idiots.

When I had a BF2 server, I always disabled VoIP. I always had players join my ventrilo or teamspeak at the time.

Ya we used Teamspeak a lot but in game communication from admins to players.

But will VOIP work this time?

Wheres the "battlefield specfic" feature - demo recorder information?

butt

It will just probably be easier to play competitively, like with TWL, CAL, and the wannabe MLG

It will just probably be easier to play competitively, like with TWL, CAL, and the wannabe MLG

While I am all for ladder/scrim play, they better have a demo (theatre at a bare minium) or it will be a dead game for competitions for us. Wont scrim w/ out one. You'd be supprised what stuff our group has run into w/ clans that did not have a demo feature available on a game w/ one. Especially in an unranked situation where people start playing w/ the server settings. No fun.

butt

edit: post # 420 :D

Edited by buttscratcher

Battlefield 3 won't be coming to Steam, according to a financial firm that recently met with GameStop. Develop reports that the brick-and-mortar giant recently met with the financial research firm Baird, and subsequently claimed in a report: "The upcoming EA title Battlefield 3 will be sold as a download through GameStop, but not through Steam." Baird says that the statement came directly from GameStop executives, but GameStop itself hasn't offered an official comment.The Baird report cites Steam's dominance and "insistence on users downloading the Steam client application" as reasons that publishers might want to look into other digital distribution partners.

It's worth keeping in mind that this information is second-hand from Baird. Plus, as GameStop is positioning itself as a competitor to Steam, it makes sense to paint itself in the best possible light. Still, there would be no value to making a such a claim and being proven wrong months later, and a (quickly pulled) EA page left Steam off its list of Battlefield 3 digital retailers. Shacknews has contacted both EA and Valve for comment.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/69321/report-battlefield-3-not-coming-to-steam-says-retailer

may not be a big deal for you. maybe you will buy anything from whatever outlet EA chooses. go right ahead

after the last several years, i am very selective how & where i spend my gaming money.

if you want to cheer just because you are a BF series fan, more power to you.

i for one, will call the good and bad as i see it.

i really would be pleased if BF3 turns out not to be BC2/MoH rehashed.

i would also like the option to purchase it from where i please.

i am sorry if my comment offended you. trust me that was not the intent

i honestly hung up my trolololololl0olo hat a while back

Not offended nor was my comment meant to offend or even defend/cheer for the game or EA. I just find that the game not being available on Steam as a reason not to buy is a little over the top.