Battlefield 3

MaydaX

For us old farts that dont follow the twitter @ this and @ that, what does this mean?

Is the zinto mouthpiece saying there will be a battle recorder?

butt

yes.

i take it as zh1nt0 saying the guy in the vid is ......mistaken

• Upvote 1

yes.

i take it as zh1nt0 saying the guy in the vid is ......mistaken

I'll be the happiest of campers if that turns out to be the case. I'll give everyone a +1 out of sheer joy! Wish they would just spell it all out in plain, easy to understand, english. "The game will have A, B, & C"

butt

Well ... on a more serious subject re the BF3 Alpha Trial, the server files have already been leaked :shock:

Given that there were very few "RSP's" involved in the alpha trial maybe EA/DICE should look to tightening their own security prior to BF3 retail release date, or we can expect to see cheats released for BF3 very shortly after retail release of the game or maybe on the same day :blink:

It's when things like this happen that the resolve of people who profess to "taking cheating very seriously" is tested.

I for one will be observing what, if anything, is done by EA/DICE to plug the leak and will take particular interest in how soon cheats are released for the game after retail release.

Can someone remind me again the reasoning behind locking down server files :scratchchin:

EA/DICE need to get their act together and compile a list of "TACR's" (Trusted Anti Cheat Representatives) so we can at least have a fighting chance of;

[A] Making sure streaming works as it should do from day 1

Being able to compile preventative MD5 scans from day 1

[C] Being able to ensure that anti cheat features work flawlessly from day1.

• Upvote 3

Niether choice works.

EA/DICE has their "trusted providers"...Acti/Treyarch went with one provider route, yet there are still people running hacks in Blops.

Its been said 10,000 times, but fix the pb_ss and see the above argument go away. And while I continue to dream, give us a demo, and we will clean up what pb_ss cant see.

butt

Niether choice works.

EA/DICE has their "trusted providers"...Acti/Treyarch went with one provider route, yet there are still people running hacks in Blops.

Its been said 10,000 times, but fix the pb_ss and see the above argument go away. And while I continue to dream, give us a demo, and we will clean up what pb_ss cant see.

butt

My point is that the "trusted providers" leak like a sieve and anti cheat sites like PBBans are not "trusted" at all.

At least get a PBBans representative in the loop so some things can be addressed prior to retail release day.

My point is that the "trusted providers" leak like a sieve and anti cheat sites like PBBans are not "trusted" at all.

At least get a PBBans representative in the loop so some things can be addressed prior to retail release day.

Ahhh. Agree 100% :)

I suppose theres still time. Maybe someone w/ a little pull will come to thier sences and get their ducks in a row at DICE.

butt

This has got me disappointed, oh how it would be nice to see DICE's game of the year crash and burn due to their stupidity. Does anybody have the email address or actual address for DICE as I feel like sending them a nasty letter and really give them a piece of my mind. The DICE that I used to love for their awesome games (last good game being 2142), hopefully hasn't sold out the series like activision did with COD and turn it into a cash cow

Most of the games I buy for PC now are based on 3 things.

1. Enjoyability

2. Good Anti-cheat

3. Dedicated Servers

Edited by No_Nickname

One word sums up my BF3 Alpha experience: Disappointed. Not a whole lot different from BFBC2 from what I see.

This has got me disappointed, oh how it would be nice to see DICE's game of the year crash and burn due to their stupidity. Does anybody have the email address or actual address for DICE as I feel like sending them a nasty letter and really give them a piece of my mind. The DICE that I used to love for their awesome games (last good game being 2142), hopefully hasn't sold out the series like activision did with COD and turn it into a cash cow

1. Enjoyability

2. Good Anti-cheat

3. Dedicated Servers

Eh, try not to judge an Alpha version too harshly. Yeah, I know it doesn't vary THAT drastically from the finished product, but it isn't a polished up game, nevertheless. I'm sure the finished product will be fun enough.

1. Enjoyability - Can't help you there. All games are different.

2. Good Anti-cheat - BF3 will have PB. Isn't that good enough for you?

3. Dedicated Servers - The last time I saw, BF3 will have dedicated servers, unless you meant "Public" server files. Then you are SOL.

Does anybody have the email address or actual address for DICE as I feel like sending them a nasty letter and really give them a piece of my mind.

Suitable postal address:

Attn: BF3 game team

Digital Illusions CE AB

P.O Box 20068

104 60 Stockholm

Sweden

Can't say DICE doesn't listen to requests :)

I found the trial ok, it needs work and things added but overall it's good (can't believe I said that). Then again I'm not a hardcore bf fan either. I'm looking forward to some good old TDM.

Can't say DICE doesn't listen to requests :)

I found the trial ok, it needs work and things added but overall it's good (can't believe I said that). Then again I'm not a hardcore bf fan either. I'm looking forward to some good old TDM.

I can't believe you said that either ;) I have to say I enjoyed it so far and tbh to me it doesn't feel like BC2. Looking forward to the finished product.

most games in alpha testing do not have Punkbuster turned on if it's even coded yet, in the alpha stage you are testing site & server load, distribution thru Orgin and more.

the alpha testers that they have on their forums, seem to think that they are getting a chance to play a free game instead of reading the developer notices about load testing and more, so they complain about the cheaters as if this is a finished product shipped out the door and it's not, hell it's not even reached beta testing yet.

Maydax and I are on the BF3 site and forums for 12 - 16 hours a day, we chat with the developers and players alike, help players with game and install problems, as testing get's further along they will utilize Maydax and my expertise more and more but at this stage like everyone else we're learning the game and what to look for.

I think DICE could use us a bit more than what they are at this point, but our services are there for the taking.

I hope this clears a little but of the alpha phase of testing up and what the priorities are.

Indian

• Upvote 6

Well, I just got done with about a half an hour or so playing it. I found it to be very good. And for an Alpha, very reliable and smooth running on my rig. Sound is excellent also. Found the gameplay to be fun as hell. I hope that there will be a regular Team Death Match in the final product, as I've heard there will be. Between RO2 and this game, my winter is gonna be alot of fun.

Oh I see somebody from DICE has posted and maybe I was just overreacting seeing that this is just alpha stage, :eek:

What I mean is that BC2 was a big disappointment for many PC players (Don't get me started on MOH) and went away from the roots that they established. All I want is a game like the originals with destruction, more weapons, commander mode, and 6 person squads, a revamped Punkbuster that will work with BF3 that includes pbss (that work) and battlerecorder to record your greatest moments and to help supplement the anti-cheat.

P.S: Is there any chance you could make a full sequel of Battlefield 1942 with all the vehicles and weapons from Forgotten Hope??? It would bring lots of memories back ;)

Regards

No_Nickname

BF Vet since 1942

Edited by No_Nickname

It's an Alpha for christ sake guys. When the hell did this place become such a cesspit of negativity.

Of course I'm talking about about all the people who are constantly making negative comments about everything they can.

Edited by Piggy
  • Upvote 1

Aren't we entitled to an opinion? Just stating my opinion, you don't have to agree with it you know :)

Edited by No_Nickname
  • Upvote 1

It's an Alpha for christ sake guys. When the hell did this place become such a cesspit of negativity.

Of course I'm talking about about all the people who are constantly making negative comments about everything they can.

Do you really think it's going to change that much between now and a month or so from now when the Beta opens? I understand it is only one map, but this one map screams of a polished up BFBC2, only a lot smoother.

Do you really think it's going to change that much between now and a month or so from now when the Beta opens? I understand it is only one map, but this one map screams of a polished up BFBC2, only a lot smoother.

I disagree. Playing this one map is a lot smoother, yes. But, in no way, is it related to BC2 from my point of view. Yes, it has bugs and glitches. But, it is still in the alpha stage. The gameplay is a lot different from BC2 which I lag all the time in. This game, I do not lag and everything is much more clear. In BF3, I can actually see my targets, where in BC2, I had to guess where they were.

There is only one thing I think DICE should fix and that is when I right-click my mouse to aim, I shouldn't have to hold down the button to do it. I should be able to click it to bring up the scope or sights to aim, then click again to lower the scope and fire from the hip.

Yes, I do, and by sitting here and bashing it is not gonna help in anyway possible. And yes you are entitled to your opinion, it's just the same people day in and day out just constantly being negative about ANYTHING they can, even the smallest games. I can only play for 1 minute at a time due to crashing, but I'm not gonna sit here and go "ZOMG DICE HATEZ US AND MAKES ANUTHER KONSOLE PORT." I'm going to dust myself off, forget the past crap, and try to focus on and improving this game so its another Battlefield 2.