Battlefield 3

MaydaX

I am well aware that alpha testing is more for stress testing the new product.

What concerns me more than anything is that the server files have already been leaked despite the low number of alpha participants that had acess to those server files.

Anyone with an inkling of anti cheat knows what happens when server files are leaked and who profits most from said leaks.

I dont think I have to spell it out to anyone .... well, I take that back ... maybe EA need it spelling out to them, and it should also be pointed out how important it is to at least get trusted anti cheat representatives access to the server files prior to retail release so some preventive measures can be taken immediately the game goes "live".

The beta stage will soon be upon us for ironing out glitches and bugs, I just wish I was part of the pre retail release stages so I would have some input on the game itself.

I will be buying it come what may because even if it was like a polished, smooth running bfbc2 game, that sounds like nirvana to me :P

I have a vet status of 3.

I clicked the origin link, the recieve newsletters wasn't checked. I was subscribed to the battlefield 3 newsletter though... oh well, guess i'll just have to wait for the beta.

I clicked the origin link, the recieve newsletters wasn't checked. I was subscribed to the battlefield 3 newsletter though... oh well, guess i'll just have to wait for the beta.

Well that's dumb my friend got 2 <.>

Did you verify your email at https://www.ea.com/profile

?

Edited by marrr

Well, thought i posted earlier and pbbans went down again.

ANYWHOS

I Verified today, but it's alright guys, i may not get to play the alpha. But, it's the finished product i'm more worried about. :P

Meh, boxed copy ftw, I'm not falling for that one lol. I'll just have to play something else in the meantime.. Deus Ex anyone?

:P

Boxed all the way! Not sure about this DeusEx though :)

Don't ask me what it is :P

Made me laugh, thx!

butt

Hmm been trying to clarify the beta situation for my clan today and hubby found this quote from IGN posted from the E3 conference:

At today's EA's E3 press conference, it was revealed that Battlefield 3 will have an open beta across all applicable platforms beginning this September. We'll have more details, including a more specific date, as further information becomes available.

SOooooOOo It would seem to me those buying it on Origin have access to the beta a whole 48hrs before the rest of the world.. :scratchchin:

Hmm been trying to clarify the beta situation for my clan today and hubby found this quote from IGN posted from the E3 conference:

SOooooOOo It would seem to me those buying it on Origin have access to the beta a whole 48hrs before the rest of the world.. :scratchchin:

Certainly not an incentive for me to pre-order just yet

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

i c wut u deed thar

Hey and we were all complaining about people paying extra for all this crazy shit, and referencing that Mona Lisa game development meme.

From what I can see all this is now at no additional cost to us. If anything DICE and EA should be getting a smooth thank you for flipping the bird to the other guys with all the goodies we are getting with the game instead of paying extra for after the fact.

BREAKDOWN OF ALL PRE-ORDER ITEMS FOR BATTLEFIELD 3

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

What it is: An entire themed expansion pack the size of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.

Where to get: You will be eligible to download this expansion pack (once it is released) if you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition at Origin or at any retailer all over the world.

Available: The release date of Back to Karkand is not yet announced. This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available on the launch date of the base game. Everyone (pre-orderers and those who buy it separately) will be able to start playing Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at the same date.

Cost: At no extra charge with every pre-order of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. You will be able to buy it separately for $14,99 if you don't pre-order (release date not yet announced).

More info: In this blog post.

Physical Warfare Pack

What it is: A set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3.

Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or at select retailers all over the world.

Available: Day 1 if you pre-order. You will get access to this content at no extra charge at a later date if you don't pre-order (date to be announced)

Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at Origin and select retailers.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade

What it is: A set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.

Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

Available: Day 1.

Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at select retailers.

Dog Tag Pack

What it is: A set of 10 unique in-game dog tags to choose from. Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 10 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.

Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

What it is: Battlefield 3 gear for your console avatar.

Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free

What it is: An 870S shotgun and a beret for in-game use in our play-for-free title Battlefield Play4Free.

Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin.

Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order on Origin.

48 Hour Early Access to the Open Beta

What it is: A 2 day (48 hours) early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta starting in September 2011.

Where to get: By pre-ordering the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or by being a first-hand Medal of Honor: Limited Edition or Medal of Honor: Tier 1 Edition player.

Available: 48 hours before the Open Beta goes public for everyone.

FAQ on the Open Beta

How early is early access?

Early access to the Open Beta is 48 hours before the public is allowed to enter.

How will my early access to the Open Beta be delivered if I am eligible?

This will be communicated later. Stay tuned.

Who can participate in the Open Beta?

The Battlefield 3 Open Beta will be available to all, on all platforms, in September.

Can I get early access to the Open Beta by pre-ordering Battlefield 3 on Origin?

Yes, if you pre-order the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin. This will also entitle you to the pre-order items Physical Warfare Pack plus the Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free -- see above.

I bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition and was promised entry to the Battlefield 3 Beta -- is that a different Beta than the Open Beta just announced?

No, it is the same Open Beta, but as a first-hand buyer of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will have 48 hours early access.

What if I bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition as a digital download -- do I still get early access to the Open Beta?

Yes.

What are the exact dates for the Open Beta?

The exact dates for the Open Beta will be announced later.

What if I pre-ordered the digital download version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin before they announced the early access to the Open Beta -- do I still get this early access?

Yes.

If in Russia, please check available pre-order offers with your local retailer

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/04/presenting-all-pre-order-offers-for-battlefield-3-limited-edition.aspx

Ow... suckers who bought MoH LE got the shaft. A whole 48 hour "early" access to the beta for $50.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/04/presenting-all-pre-order-offers-for-battlefield-3-limited-edition.aspx

Nope, its an or thing so there are multiple ways to get that 48 hour early access.

48 Hour Early Access to the Open Beta

What it is: A 2 day (48 hours) early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta starting in September 2011.

Where to get: By pre-ordering the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or by being a first-hand Medal of Honor: Limited Edition or Medal of Honor: Tier 1 Edition player.

Available: 48 hours before the Open Beta goes public for everyone.

I mean if someone buys a whole game for only one reason I think they are setting themselves up for that. It was a game you bought and not a get in early card. It was in addition to

Edited by Crotan