Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Yeah I know there are other ways... but you know, some people probably bought MoH just to get a BETA key thinking they get like a month or so early access.

Luckily, I wasn't fooled.

Maydex-

SO... is this a possible 2142esque 3rd person demo utility? please please please... :o

butt

PS - agreed Jay, anyone that got MOH for that reason (knowing the ongoing issues w/ Bc2 at the time) got what they deserved.

Edited by buttscratcher

SO... is this a possible 2142esque 3rd person demo utility? please please please... :o

No idea. That's the first I seen of spectator mode in BF3 as well.

No idea. That's the first I seen of spectator mode in BF3 as well.

Juicy, however even if it is battle recorder for BF3 you guys need first person perspective to accept demos right?

Will definitely make it easier for admins that want to check players out on their own if implemented. Here's hoping

Juicy, however even if it is battle recorder for BF3 you guys need first person perspective to accept demos right?

I've asked for it when I asked for sprint strafe (Proving videos supporting my request) and that got added so you never know :)

should have one like : " i am a girl, help me out and i will giggle and call you sweetie"

amazing how guys will do anything for a dude claiming to be a female

should have one like : " i am a girl, help me out and i will giggle and call you sweetie"

amazing how guys will do anything for a dude claiming to be a female

lol, I say I'm female in game and I get "OMGZ you liar" thrown back at me :P

Edit: I should read up before posting news thats already been posted :eek:

Battlefield 3 will be the deepest shooter in DICE history. Read on for the full story on how we will reward skill and dedication, and how our flexible unlock and customization system allows you to tailor the game for your personal play style.

"Battlefield players are among the most loyal out there. Our games are literally played for years by our hardcore fans, and we want to actively support that. There should always be something left to achieve in Battlefield 3."

Valerian Noghin and Fredrik Thylander are Persistence Designers on Battlefield 3. They're the guys making sure you will have as much fun with the game in 2013 as on launch day.

Back in 2005, Battlefield 2 was one of the first shooters to introduce a deep persistence system to add that extra layer of tasty rewards and unlocks to keep players returning to the battlefield for hundreds of hours. With Battlefield 3, we are pulling all the stops. Compared to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 will have more than 10 times the hardware unlocks spread over weapons, weapons attachments, gadgets, and a huge unlock tree for vehicles alone.

Skill and dedication equal rewards

On top of these ingame hardware items, players will also be richly rewarded with medals, ribbons and service stars displaying their skill, commitment, and teamplay prowess. You will be rewarded handsomely in Battlefield 3 for exemplary skill, such as capturing X amount of bases in one round. Excellent teamplayers who keep the team's vehicles in mint condition and revive fallen comrades will not go unnoticed either. These type of skill-driven rewards are typically handed out in the form of ribbons, and good players can often get more than one ribbon in a single round.

Winning a round for the team should always be the priority, so we are making sure that even when players are chasing their personal achievements, they are contributing to the overall battle. You will also be rewarded for true dedication and commitment, such as playing x amount of hours as a U.S. soldier. These honors come in the form of the much harder to get medals. They are typically given at specific milestones in your career.

There are a large number of ranks in Battlefield 3, similar to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Your rank badge is a quick measure of your overall progress in the game. And even if you hit the max rank, there is always more glory to strive for with the new concept of Service Stars that we are introducing in Battlefield 3.

Service Stars challenge the hardcore

Even getting your first Service Star would be a major achievement. But keep playing, and you will be eligible for even further promotion by getting Service Stars added to your weapon skill badge, your vehicle, your kit, and your overall rank. Anytime your kill card is displayed, everyone will see exactly how experienced you are with your current equipment. The ultimate bragging right would be for a player to be awarded the rank of Colonel with 100 Service Stars attached, and to have 100 stars in all weapons, kits, and vehicles. Getting there will be a massive task – consider that a challenge! :)

The design philosophy behind the unlocks in Battlefield 3 is pretty sweet. We basically give you more hardware to play with for doing what you love to do. Case in point: Using gun X will give you more upgrades specifically for that gun. Playing with a kit and vehicle earns more upgrades for that kit and that vehicle. In addition, all XP gained also goes towards your overall rank, which in turn unlocks new weapons, specializations, and camouflages usable by any class.

Play Battlefield 3 your way

The mantra we keep coming back to when designing Battlefield 3 is "play it your way". What that means is there's an unprecedented flexibility in how you tailor your kits. The playable classes are not rigidly defined in what they are supposed to play like. While all four classes in Battlefield 3 (Assault, Engineer, Support, Recon) start out with everything they need to be an efficient soldier in the field, it is totally up to you and your personal preferences how you want to tailor them.

Take the Assault class, for example. As you may know by now, this is now the class that has the ability to equip both a defibrillator and medkit for frontline medic abilities. But if you would prefer to switch your add-ons to, say, an underslung grenade launcher with 40mm grenades, go ahead! That will give you an Assault soldier with a more offensive set of capabilities than the player who opts for the default medic approach.

Tactical unlocks force you to choose the right loadout for you

That's the way all of the unlocks and upgrades work. They are specifically designed to be tactical in nature, forcing you to choose loadout based on the map and situation. Do you go for the heavy barrel for your assault rifle? It gives added accuracy for single shots, but at the cost of stronger recoil in burst fire/full auto mode. A standard assault rifle can be modified into a long range accurate weapon or for close quarter, almost SMG-like, combat. For jets, do you go with Maverick ATG missiles to take out tanks or AA missiles to dogfight airborne threats? With your Engineer, do you bring your anti-tank or your anti-air RPG launcher?

In short, we think there has never been a better time to be a Battlefield gamer, no matter your play style.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/05/bb.aspx

Compared to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 will have more than 10 times the hardware unlocks spread over weapons, weapons attachments, gadgets, and a huge unlock tree for vehicles alone.

Bah sick of the unlocks bullshit. Especially unlocks for vehicles. My excitement for BF3 is going downhill fast now.

Do you go for the heavy barrel for your assault rifle? It gives added accuracy for single shots, but at the cost of stronger recoil in burst fire/full auto mode.

especially when they talk out their backside like that....heavy barrel aids in all those situations, especially burst/full auto.....

just make it a weight penalty...because ..um it is a heavy barrel...

It's to the point where I don't even want to play games with massive amounts of unlocks anymore. I don't have time to grind my way to get all the unlocks and that ruins the fun because I don't have access to other weapons etc.

No wonder cheating is getting worse the devs are just adding more reasons for doing it.

Yeah, have to agree - unlocks are so yesterday. For the feeling of fantastic enjoyment and well worth the money I paid for it, I haven't yet found anything that compares with my first time playing Doom.

Yeah, have to agree - unlocks are so yesterday. For the feeling of fantastic enjoyment and well worth the money I paid for it, I haven't yet found anything that compares with my first time playing Doom.

I see unlocks as a distraction from sub par gameplay which is a growing problem. I keep going back to cod4 because the gameplay is still fun to me.

They should add an all unlocks option for unranked. If they did I would never go near a ranked server and the game would be more enjoyable. BC2 has that option but it needs to be done at the server console window which no one has access to.

I see unlocks as a distraction from sub par gameplay which is a growing problem. I keep going back to cod4 because the gameplay is still fun to me.

They should add an all unlocks option for unranked. If they did I would never go near a ranked server and the game would be more enjoyable. BC2 has that option but it needs to be done at the server console window which no one has access to.

and i had issues with ranked in CoD4......those were the days

just like the whole dedicated servers/browser being in MW2. can't access it, then it isn't even as good as finding an old playboy when cleaning out your closet.

I have been seeing on the Battlefield Facebook page that BF3 will have self-repairing vehicles. Please tell me this isn't true, what's the point of repairing the damn thing if all you can do is back up out of sight and let it regenerate

and i had issues with ranked in CoD4......those were the days

Least cod4 you could get max rank after a few good weeks of playing. That or use a rank editor.

But CoD4 became even more fun for me with all the unlocks. I can't say the same with other recent games. It was more like unlock everything and I never played it again. If there was an option that allowed anyone to access all the unlocks regardless of their rank for unranked servers I'd never play on ranked servers (If the core gameplay was fun). Maybe if they added a $5 or $10 option to unlock everything. I'd go for that.

I've honestly had enough, limited unlocks was livable but now it's just plain stupid. Way things are going this is what you get when you start playing and the rest will be unlocks

lav25picweb020.jpg

Compared to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 will have more than 10 times the hardware unlocks spread over weapons, weapons attachments, gadgets, and a huge unlock tree for vehicles alone.

The thing I don't like with this type of gameplay is a number of players are just concerned with ranking up or unlocking the next weapon, teamwork goes out the window.

• Upvote 1

EA offers games, including Battlefield 3, to all major digital download sites. In doing so, our goal is to not only reach the widest possible global audience with our games, but also to provide ongoing customer support, patches and great new content. We are intent on providing Battlefield 3 players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play the game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with consumers.

For more on our policy to offer games to any major third party download service, please read here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7372195.page

Gamers can pre-order Battlefield 3 at Origin.com as well as over 100 digital retailers worldwide. EA offers games to all major download services. Unfortunately, Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. No other download service has adopted these practices.

We are intent on providing Battlefield 3 players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers. We hope to work out an agreement where Steam can carry Battlefield 3; meanwhile, gamers can pick from the more than 100 digital retailers listed at http://www.battlefield.com/digitaldownload, or go to http://www.origin.com.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7468888.page

http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/99712574400102400

Could it be that maybe Steam realises its doesn't necassarily HAVE to do business with EA when so many other games are available through Steam.

While I kind of agree with EA's stance about wanting a "download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers" its is entirely Steams choice in who they do business with and how they run thier service...so I can't see them changing much over just 1 game.

Personally not really feeling the excitement around this game any more - especially having pre-ordered RO2 and the new Deus Ex game. Very much considering cancelling my pre-order and seeing how the reviews pan out on release.

Personally not really feeling the excitement around this game any more - especially having pre-ordered RO2 and the new Deus Ex game. Very much considering cancelling my pre-order and seeing how the reviews pan out on release.

Not suprised to be honest, when you read nothing but haters on every forum, kinda knocks the wind out ya sales.

I'll reserve judgement until I play it. Never am one to give a hoot what others write in reviews anyways ;)