Battlefield 3

MaydaX

i hear more gripes about that from BF3 players than from MW3 players and MW3 has crappy P2P

I made a post earlier and someone mentioned it might be my router so I'll buy a new one tomorrow, I'm already betting now the problems will continue, we shall see.

I made a post earlier and someone mentioned it might be my router so I'll buy a new one tomorrow, I'm already betting now the problems will continue, we shall see.

If you can stay connected to the internet, your router is not the issue.

• Upvote 1

What is wrong with the connection problems with this game?

I have never had so many problems with a game as much as I've had with this one, it's getting ridiculous, disconnected from EA Online, connection to the server has been lost, etc. etc.

20-25 times a night, Kalms if you're reading this, sort your battlelog out, it needs a complete overhaul.

Disable uPnP on your router. Yes, you heard me right. Disable uPnP.

If you can stay connected to the internet, your router is not the issue.

Having tried everything I know I was at a loss what the cause of these lost connections were, I joined Surfy's server last night and played, for the first time since I bought the game, 3 games in a row with no kicks or loss of connection. I had an idea it wasn't my side that was the problem and it was the EA servers, the thing that confuses me though is why other people can stay connected yet some cannot, you only have to take a look at the battlelog forums to see it is an on-going problem for a lot of players that does need fixing.

Disable uPnP on your router. Yes, you heard me right. Disable uPnP.

Already done, I also tried disabling my firewall, anti-virus, ping testing different sites to see if I was losing packets but everything my side came back fine yet I was still losing connection after the first game and it was impossible for me to play 2 games in a row, until last night.

Never had an issue myself with disconnections apart from those where my internet has been poor but my husband did have issues and it was related to the ASUS gfx software he had on his pc. He still had same problems when he shut it down so he uninstalled and had no issues afterwards.

Do you use that per chance?

Never had an issue myself with disconnections apart from those where my internet has been poor but my husband did have issues and it was related to the ASUS gfx software he had on his pc. He still had same problems when he shut it down so he uninstalled and had no issues afterwards.

Do you use that per chance?

My MB is Asus but I kind of follow a routine and have done for years, as soon as a new update is out it's installed and I check daily for anything that might have been released. Every single thing on my system is up-to-date so I can 'hopefully' try and avoid any game issues, besides the Killing Floor problem which was because of a Steam update I've not had any problems like this for any game before so I was becoming very frustrated trying to pinpoint what the problem was.

I'll tell you why I don't think it's my PC or my connection:

When I bought the game I played SP for a while but wanted to try MP which I did, had 1 quick game and then stopped playing for a while.

When I logged in that night the first game was fine but I was kicked during the second game for either one of these reasons:

You have been disconnected from EA Online

You have lost connection to the server

You have lost connection to the server due to a game manager error (Battlelog related I presume) :unsure:

I've read on the battlelog forums that other players are being kicked for the same reason and I've seen at least 5 posts today with the same message from other players.

I joined Surfy's server last night and was able to play 3 full games with no kicks whatsoever, I left to grab a cup of tea and then joined another server, (German) I played 2 full games but was then kicked on the third with the second kick message I've posted above.

I'm presuming although I could be wrong if it was an issue with my PC/Router I would not have been able to play those games at all as I'd have been kicked sooner, I think I was on Surfy's server for at least half an hour (server logs will give more information on time).

I'm also not the only player with this problem, you only have to take a look at the battlelog forums to see that.

I still have no idea what's causing it so I'll try tonight and see how things go, I've had 1 game today and that was fine.

Edited by xX_Renegade_Xx

Just been reading this post from the Battlelog forums, this guy is from Austria and look what he's tried:

In the last few days I spent a lot of time in the forum reading threads about “You were disconnected from EA Online”. In the beginning this error occurs only sometimes when I was playing BF3-MP but since 1 week it has been getting worse.

The error wasn’t reproducible … it doesn’t depend on server, time, game mode or something else. Sometimes I was able to play up to 2 hours and sometimes not even to connect to a server. It was pretty awful and it sucked to lose the ribbons all the time. So I started troubleshooting. And I did nearly everything like ….

- Updating all drivers of my system

- deactivating UPnP-service on my router

- deactivating UPnP and SSTP service in windows

- deactivated firewalls and antivirus/anti-adware programs

- tried different browsers

- flashed a new firmware on my Linksys-router and did a clean setup of the system

- tried another router

- tried port-forwarding and different security modes on both of them

- tried different network modes and channels

- reinstalled battlefield

- did a PB update manually

- formatted my whole system and did a clean, new setup

None of those measures worked for my system

I don't use wireless so won't apply to me but it does make me wonder why so many players are having problems yet others can play fine.

Just an update, no connection losses at all today, I've played 2 games (Conquest) and the time spent on the server (in excess of 1 hour) would have taken me well above the 3 games I played on Surfy's server last night, pesky gremlins ;)

Edited by xX_Renegade_Xx

I've uninstalled this tonight, no end of problems today, disconnection after disconnection yet I was able to play Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday without any kicks or disconnections.

I have no idea what these people are doing or why the connection issues are still there but they lost 1 more customer today, I've been kicked more times from this game in the last 8 days than I have from any other game I've owned in the last 5 years.

I've uninstalled this tonight, no end of problems today, disconnection after disconnection yet I was able to play Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday without any kicks or disconnections.

I have no idea what these people are doing or why the connection issues are still there but they lost 1 more customer today, I've been kicked more times from this game in the last 8 days than I have from any other game I've owned in the last 5 years.

I found manually opening my ports on my router helped a lot. Haven't had a random disconnect in ages.

I found manually opening my ports on my router helped a lot. Haven't had a random disconnect in ages.

that right there points to the wonderful job DICE/EA does

Today, Gameservers posted on our BF3 accounts:

DICE has confirmed an issue was affecting Battlelog. This has now been resolved and service is functioning normally at this time.

Today, Gameservers posted on our BF3 accounts:

DICE has confirmed an issue was affecting Battlelog. This has now been resolved and service is functioning normally at this time.

so back to only crappy again?

that right there points to the wonderful job DICE/EA does
Well to be fair I had to do the same with Tribes: Ascend. But then again Tribes: Ascend is still in beta....and I had to do it with Bad Company 2...

Already tried as was many other things, always the same problem, you have been disconnected from EA Online or connection to the server has been lost, if it was a problem with my router I wouldn't have been able to play for 4 days with no issues then all of a sudden it stops working.

It reminded me of the 1.3 patch for BF2 with all the kicks.

I couldn't even play 1 full game yesterday, if I joined a game in progress I might be lucky and finish it depending how many tickets were left when I joined but starting a new game was impossible.

If they had problems with the servers/technical issues then a post sooner to let people know would have helped a lot, as it is I got very angry/frustrated with the game so it was time for it to go.

There is a post on the battlelog forums that was 157 pages last time I checked with over 4,000 replies from other players who are having the same issue with these EA disconnections, the moderators post and say thanks for the feedback but that doesn't really help when that post is continually added too daily, it also affects consoles so it's not platform specific as I've read posts from console players too with the same issue.

I think this will do more damage to EA/Dice in the long term if it's not fixed soon, I own a lot of EA games, steam/origin but I won't be buying any more from them, I'm sure I'll make a huge dent in their sales too :P

EA ROLLS OUT THREE THEMED EXPANSION PACKS FOR MULTI-PLATINUM BATTLEFIELD 3

As fans continue to devour the first Expansion Pack, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand, DICE announces three new packs that expand the smash hit with new modes, maps and weapons.

The Battlefield™ army is over 12 Million strong and growing every day as Battlefield 3™ and its first expansion, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand continues to recruit gamers around the world with its dynamic sandbox gameplay and state-of-the-art technology.

DICE demonstrates its ongoing commitment to fans by unveiling three new themed digital expansion packs* that will enhance the superior Battlefield experience with fresh and innovative gameplay, new modes, unique environments and more ways to wage all-out-war on the battlefield. Powered by the Frostbite™ 2 engine, the next expansion packs are: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters in June, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill in the fall, and Battlefield 3: End Game in the winter.

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

In Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, players are dropped into a frantic, infantry-only theatre of war. Frostbite 2 high definition destruction makes the environment come alive as everything from furniture to plaster gets shot to pieces. Players will feel the intensity of the world exploding around them as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor, while tight level design and vertical gameplay create a highly competitive environment.

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters also introduces new weapons, assignments and unique dog tags to bring back to the base game.

Battlefield 3: Armored Kill

Following the tight infantry gameplay of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, DICE will release Battlefield 3: Armored Kill that ups the ante for vehicular mayhem as only Battlefield can do.

Featuring new driveable tanks, ATVs, mobile artillery and more, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill also delivers huge battlefields for an all-out vehicle assault, including the biggest map in Battlefield history.

Battlefield 3: End Game

The fourth expansion pack will ship in the winter but details remain tightly guarded.

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand is available now for download for £11.99 or 1200 Microsoft points and features four of the most beloved Battlefield 2™ maps (Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula), all fully re-imagined utilising the power of the Frostbite 2 engine.

Patrick Bach, Executive Producer, Battlefield 3 said, “Instead of delivering piecemeal map packs, we’re giving players a completely new experience with every themed expansion pack to keep the action fresh. Our expansions are designed to excite our large and active fan base while attracting new recruits with gameplay that is dynamic and unpredictable every time.”

Battlefield 3 is supported by a robust, and completely free social platform called Battlelog that invites players to compete, communicate and play with friends. Gamers track personal stats, compare against other players and join a platoon in an effort to dominate the battlefield. To add to the competitive fervor, a fully integrated rent-a-server program for console players will be available for gamers to play online with friends the way they want to play in either private, public, ranked or unranked matches. For more information about these enhancements and future plans for Battlelog, please visit www.battlefield.com.

Since its launch on Oct. 25, Battlefield 3 has quickly become the fastest selling title in EA’s 20+ year history selling more than 12 Million units since release. Lauded by game critics worldwide for its compelling single player campaign, intense co-op missions and its addictive and world class multiplayer, Battlefield 3 has won more than 120 awards including IGN.com’s “Best Multiplayer Game of 2011.”

Edited by Twiebie

I'm dissapointed with the annoucement. I'd rather have two vehicle maps and two infantry maps rather than four small close quarters maps. June is also a long time away, i hope the patch arrives before then.

Edited by LtMatt

Like pretty much all other FPS paid DLC on PC, they split the community and makes it hard to find populated servers.

It happened with the BF2 booster packs, MoH Hotzone, Crysis 2 DLC, etc etc. Plus many server admins won't run a server that kicks many players for not having the paid DLC. It only worked for B2K as many got it free for pre-ordering.