Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Long as people buy nothing will change :)

I know, but when i see these weapons it makes me want to buy it. Look at that L85? Can't wait to try that out.

I uploaded some of the new weapons into an album for people to look at.

http://imgur.com/a/iOlAQ

Edited by LtMatt

You can go back to BF2 and have the L85 for free. Paying for a shitty 16 player mappack just to get a new gun that will play the same as the rest of them is just insane.

I'm not doing it for just that gun really. I'm doing it for all the guns and co-op missions. No doubt to unlock the guns ill have to play the CQ maps as well but i really like the game so will appreciate all the extra content i can get for it. This along with fifa is pretty much the only game i play so new stuff to unlock and upgrade is appreciated even if the general theme of the dlc is not.

EDIT

Uploaded some more screenshots of the dlc..

http://imgur.com/a/j6zqN

Edited by LtMatt

I'm not doing it for just that gun really. I'm doing it for all the guns and co-op missions.

All I seen is 4 maps, 10 assignments, 10 weapons and it will cost $15. I never seen any info that it includes any co-op missions.

All I seen is 4 maps, 10 assignments, 10 weapons and it will cost $15. I never seen any info that it includes any co-op missions.

"Will there be any more single-player or co-op content in the future?"

"I can’t really talk about the exact plans for the future packs, but we haven’t included that in Close Quarters. For the close future though? No."

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/battlefield-3-dev-talks-about-the-close-quarters-and-armored-kill-map-packs-and-their-lesser-competitors/

Seems youre right, im sure i read another interview where they said they were adding some new co-op missions. Its not going to represent great value for me but ill still be getting it. I know ill want to at least try out the new weapons even if i dont spend too much time outside of the assignments playing the four new maps.

Edited by LtMatt

New glitch?

Somethings up. If its a hack, EB wont figure it out... If its a glitch, DICE will (urm, may) fix it in the following patch. Maybe see a fix in the fall DLC schedulle. Still waiting on the MAV fix???

Anyone else notice how quiet the previously helpful MK has been on B3 compared to past DICE titles? Still waiting on answers to questions posted in this thread months ago.

Thank god I did not buy the game. A lot of people say it sucks. I will wait until it is in the bargain bin at walmart. I will buy Steam games instead. :)

Alot of people also like it and enjoy playing the game with their friends.

I think it's always a little hard to make a judgement about something you haven't experienced first hand. If I had to base my opinion about BF3 on all the (mostly negative) comments I've read on various forums/blogs/twitter accounts - I'd never touch it ... in fact I wouldn't play any game at all.

I don't quite get why it apparently becomes fashion more and more that people dart at "I don't like this, that weapon is crap, the map layout sucks, recoil is too much, ...." paired with "server lag, a noob team, spawnkilling, lazy admins and of course damn cheaters". I can't recall that I saw so much negativity in 2008.

Why do people still play the game? Because some are having fun, those who are able to let themselves into the game and find something they like. If I were to ask - what do you like about BF3 .... I fear the list will be rather short.

• Upvote 2

I gotta admit, if you play it to win or for stats like top score, best k/d ratio etc you may not like it. I was like that because that's how I played games for years from SoF2 to CoD4 and enjoyed them a lot. I got a little angry in BF3 many times when my team wouldn't do the objectives or my shots never killed someone when I just knew in the back of my mind it should have. Came to the point where I didn't even want to play BF3.

Then a friend suggested that I not worry about that and play for fun instead. Doing things such as playing with a group of people on a TS for example. I now play in other ways which often results in a

No doubt BF3 has it's problems but it can be fun if you play it differently than other games.

I use a Geforce 460 and it's ok while I have to use a lot of medium settings to get 60+fps. A Geforce 560Ti will do you well on the nvidia side. Not sure about the Ati side of things. But you need a quad core CPU imo.

Then a friend suggested that I not worry about that and play for fun instead.

The best fun to be had with battlefield 3 is sharing banter on voice comms and working as a team. Worrying about K/D ratio is selfish, but thats the way a lot of people play. I'd much rather finish with a low K/D but a good team score and win rather than finish with a great k/d ratio but play alone and finish on the losing team (if you play conquest that is :P)

Next time i see you guys online im going to have another bash at your tags. I hope you will treasure mine Maya. :)

I still need a new graphics card to play this game. I am pricing them to see what gives me the most bang for my buck.

I'd advise on a 6950 minimum if you like to play at least high settings on the Ati side. I run two 6950's and run @ ultra +4xaa ~ 1080p. I managed to run the above settings on one 6950 with AA disabled.

me to no more mav riding

Word is it's not fixed. Well not on PS3 anyway. Will be called prone MAV riding :P

We know MAV riding still can be exploited :( Admins: I will ban players doing this on servers I admin, suggest the same until fixed.

https://twitter.com/#!/gustavhalling/status/185031960253562880

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/ps3-update-live/

Today, we are also offering 10 different shortcut items for sale for Battlefield 3 on PS3. If you’re new to the game, this is the perfect way to gain some ground on the veterans online. Or if you’d love to get some more air time in the jets but want to equip those AA missiles straight away, this is for you.

The 10 shortcut items are available now from the PlayStation Store and the in-game store and include these:

Kit Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items unique to the four playable classes

Vehicle Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items for all vehicles

The Ultimate Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items from all other available shortcut packs

If this comes to PC I am officially done with BF3, and DICE.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/ps3-update-live/

Today, we are also offering 10 different shortcut items for sale for Battlefield 3 on PS3. If you’re new to the game, this is the perfect way to gain some ground on the veterans online. Or if you’d love to get some more air time in the jets but want to equip those AA missiles straight away, this is for you.

The 10 shortcut items are available now from the PlayStation Store and the in-game store and include these:

Kit Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items unique to the four playable classes

Vehicle Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items for all vehicles

The Ultimate Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items from all other available shortcut packs

If this comes to PC I am officially done with BF3, and DICE.

Oh lord, this will probably end in a way where the unlocks/assignments become so ridiculous that the only way of completing them is to buy them.

I personally do not care much about stats but I can see where EA sees money.

I see no issue with paid shortcut packs. If anyone sees that as not being fair then it's no different then when a new player starts playing months after release or the person who only plays on the weekend VS the person with tons of free time who plays 10+ hours a day and unlocks everything in a short time.

To me having the shortcut option evens the playing field. Well I'd rather there was no unlocks crap but you can't win them all.

• Upvote 2