Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Must admit not interested in the slightest in BF3 Elite .. err Premium.

I see new weapons etc and I immediately think of:

Dota 2 will not be a pay-to-win game. All the items in the store are cosmetic, and don’t affect gameplay.

All of the heroes will be available free of charge. We believe restricting player access to heroes could be destructive to game design, so it’s something we plan to avoid.

Again replace heroes with maps / weapons etc.

http://blog.dota2.com/2012/06/introducing-the-dota-store/

I will call it now, come release people will have a hard time finding servers for each of those expansion packs. Might be ok for the first few weeks but I doubt many admins will run maps that kill a server when switching from stock to an expansion.

Another article about the pay-2-play BF3:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/04/electronicarts-idUSL1E8H40DE20120604?type=companyNews&feedType=RSS&feedName=companyNews&rpc=43

Video games maker Electronic Arts is introducing a new $50-a-year games service for players of "Battlefield 3" as it aims to boost its online sales and gain ground against bigger rival, Activision Blizzard, which sells the top-selling title "Call of Duty."

Charging for online play is becoming more popular as video game companies want to generate a steady revenue stream separate from sales of $60 discs after launching a big game a few times a year and squeeze as much money as possible out of their hits.

They are only gonna shoot themselves in the foot. Who will pay this outrageous fee? Talk about a copy and paste from Activision. IW did it with the Elite service for MW3, and now EA wants to do this with BF3? Stupid!

Now I know why EA's shares are dropping in price:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EA

They are only gonna shoot themselves in the foot. Who will pay this outrageous fee? Talk about a copy and paste from Activision. IW did it with the Elite service for MW3, and now EA wants to do this with BF3? Stupid!

Sadly many people will.

I will give Activision credit, at least they told us before the MW3 release what they were going to do. Monthly content and other things for a $50 a year price called Elite.

Nice find Taz.

My ears perked up on the last line:

Soderlund said the offer would also keep up momentum for the Battlefield franchise which won't have another full game out until at least 2013.

Should be just enough time for even the most die-hard EA fan to seek out new games to learn to love.

Be it arma 3 to CS:GO, or even heaven forbid Blops 2 :o

As I understand it Battlefield Premium is a one-time fee. And if you plan on buying all the DLCs anyway, it's a good deal. I can see myself playing BF3 a lot throughout this year and into next year. It's a no brainer for me to get it. Especially when I get a good discount if I was to buy each DLC separately. I've already sunk 400+ hours into BF3. I could easily sink some more in it. At least until Loadout/Warface/Planetside 2 get released.

Edited by Singh400

WTF... I can't play MY game at this moment.

Naamloos.png

I really don't care about an E3 press conference, I just want to play the f.... game, when my wife and kids are away for the night!!!!

I really don't care about an E3 press conference, I just want to play the f.... game, when my wife and kids are away for the night!!!!

Likely because the update has features they will announce at E3. So we have to wait until they do that.

However console version have been playing the new patch for a while now.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dice-announces-battlefield-3-premium-203000333.html

ALL EXISTING BATTLEFIELD 3 BATTLELOG FEATURES REMAIN FREE INCLUDING:

• Live stats tracker
  • Ability to form and customize Platoons
  • Browse leaderboards
  • Access to the Com Center and Battle Feed

BATTLEFIELD 3 PREMIUM EXPANDS THE EXPERIENCE BY ADDING:

TWO WEEKS EARLY ACCESS TO ALL DIGITAL EXPANSION PACKS

1. Battlefield 3: Back To Karkand – Four of the most beloved Battlefield 2™ maps all fully re-imagined utilizing the power of the Frostbite™ 2 engine. Available now.
  2. Battlefield 3: Close Quarters – Intense, infantry-only theatre of war. Available today.
  3. Battlefield 3: Armored Kill – All-out vehicle warfare coming September 2012.
  4. Battlefield 3: Aftermath – Coming December 2012.
  5. Battlefield 3: End Game – Coming March 2013.

:beta:

MtlNe.png

Priority server queue is active. Not mine btw :P

In other news BF3 still has that f*cking excessive motion blur in suppression and still gives me headaches.

That priority server queue stuff really is ridiculous (just like the rest). How about giving everybody a fair chance, and whoever is first is first...

Looking forward to seeing lots of disconnects from servers because people don't have certain maps. EA sure did an excellent job on splitting the whole community in pieces.

Now I got to figure out how to get all these damn advertisements off my Battlelog page...

• Upvote 2

I'd say after they get $49 from a bunch of people, they'll probably give out the maps for free like they did for patch 1.50 (BF2)

Server queues are now limited to 10

server_queue.png

And by the looks of how many people bought premium, non premium users are screwed for the server queues

So many premium users all ready!!

Just proves how true the "Ea in a Nutshell" video is. Worst part is Premium is plastered all over Battlelog.

My urge to play BF3 dropped dynamically with the suppression buff and motion blur. Was hoping they would fix now that but it never happened. Still just as bad and now all this premium shit. God I miss the Alpha Trial, was such a great game in the making that drove off a cliff in the end.

With Premium comes the unique chance to reset your Score/Minute, Kills/Deaths, and Wins/Losses stats if you want a fresh start with your multiplayer soldier.

Cheaters must be loving that.

Battlelog Poll

Are you planning on getting BF3 Premium?

Yes

71%

No

29%

Well I haven't bought B:P yet. £39.99 is a bit too steep for my liking...

Not to mention they've completely fucked up the server-side updates.