Battlefield 3

MaydaX

@ Ltmatt actually you'll find generally I've been positive about BF3 too.

Hmmm lol, ive seen worse i suppose. :D

I've been getting called a premium fag recently online. :(

Nice to see a staff members post which doesnt include lots of moaning about bf3. :P

Trust me, I do my fair share of whinging. Surfy is the most positive person here!

@LtMatt it wont last - its just the latest in a long line of EA controversies. At the moment there is just a bit of a bandwagon.

I just stick to servers run by Surfy & co.

Trust me, I do my fair share of whinging. Surfy is the most positive person here!

@LtMatt it wont last - its just the latest in a long line of EA controversies. At the moment there is just a bit of a bandwagon.

I just stick to servers run by Surfy & co.

Drop by my server, yet to see a staff member visit us. :(

We're just as friendly as surfy & co but an extra 5% cooler. :party0049:

Fancy pants premium video. :bigO:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium/video/2012-06-04%2015:00:00/

gunmaster seems an interesting idea. Conquest domination will be where its at on these maps i reckon.

This page requires Premium

Get access to all Expansion Packs two weeks early and much more...

Upper and lower class gaming = Discrimination? :scratchchin:

I get that feeling from it now. I also remember this:

Activision will be offering a free and premium version of Elite, while Battlelog will stay free. However, according to game industry analysts, including Michael Pachter, EA might end up charging for Battlelog in the future. However, EA released a statement denying any plans of charging for Battlelog in the future, telling IndustryGamers, “We have no plans to charge for this service with Battlefield 3″.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/ea-battlelog-will-stay-free/

Now we have paid premium features that include a forum sig, reset stats option, queue priority, more layers and decals for the platoon emblem, carbon fiber profile page design and more. All part of battlelog :P

I don't have any interest in premium but it shouldn't effect my game experience or put me in a "lower class" as a non-premium member. I'm a firm believer in equality and it's why I volunteer my time at PBBans to fight cheaters.

But DLC is not just the maps anymore. You have more weapons, more assignment unlocks that can be used in the stock game. It should have been done so that the weapons unlocks that come with a given expansion should only be used in that expansion. Pay to win enters my mind with the current methods used. Hell cheaters do that.

The excessive motion blur from suppression pretty much killed my desire to play BF3 and since that wasn't fixed in the patch I've lost even more interest with that and all the premium vs non-premium stuff.

I get that feeling from it now. I also remember this:

http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/ea-battlelog-will-stay-free/

Now we have paid premium features that include a forum sig, reset stats option, queue priority, more layers and decals for the platoon emblem, carbon fiber profile page design and more. All part of battlelog :P

I don't have any interest in premium but it shouldn't effect my game experience or put me in a "lower class" as a non-premium member. I'm a firm believer in equality and it's why I volunteer my time at PBBans to fight cheaters.

But DLC is not just the maps anymore. You have more weapons, more assignment unlocks that can be used in the stock game. It should have been done so that the weapons unlocks that come with a given expansion should only be used in that expansion. Pay to win enters my mind with the current methods used. Hell c

heaters do that.

The excessive motion blur from suppression pretty much killed my desire to play BF3 and since that wasn't fixed in the patch I've lost even more interest with that and all the premium vs non-premium stuff.

I didnt realise non premium members wouldnt be able to view the video. Apologies.

The video itself showcases the maps and game modes really well so im surprised that non members cannot view it as it could attract more users.

I disagree, i think its good that the weapons and stuff can be used outside of the expansions. The L85 is now my favourite and most used gun, if i could only use that on b2k it would be daft and i wouldnt use it because im not to keen on those maps.

How else are you supposed to implement suppression other than adding some blur and making it harder to aim back and shoot while suppressed? I think suppression is excellent. It allows me to lay down suppressive fire on an enemy positon while teammates move in on said suppressed enenmy and get the kill. If im being suppressed in real life i dont think you would just be able to pop your head up with perfect vision and start dropping enemies. You have to wait for the enemy to change clip, then you can think about returning some accurate suppressing fire yourself. You should also use the squad covering perk. (this reduces the suppression effect)

Edited by LtMatt

How else are you supposed to implement suppression other than adding some blur and making it harder to aim back and shoot while suppressed? I think suppression is excellent. It allows me to lay down suppressive fire on an enemy positon while teammates move in on said suppressed enenmy and get the kill. If im being suppressed in real life i dont think you would just be able to pop your head up with perfect vision and start dropping enemies. You have to wait for the enemy to change clip, then you can think about returning some accurate suppressing fire yourself. You should also use the squad covering perk. (this reduces the suppression effect)

My issue is suppression was fine before they increased it. I could play for hours and not get a single headache. Now I can't last 10 minutes on close quarter maps.

As for Premium, I'm now a member which I received as a gift. Useful for map testing purposes. I'm still not fond of it but I'd be stupid to turn down a gift that may aid me in PBBans operations in the future. Many thanks to DICE :)

My issue is suppression was fine before they increased it. I could play for hours and not get a single headache. Now I can't last 10 minutes on close quarter maps.

As for Premium, I'm now a member which I received as a gift. Useful for map testing purposes. I'm still not fond of it but I'd be stupid to turn down a gift that may aid me in PBBans operations in the future. Many thanks to DICE :)

Suppression didnt even work until they increased it thats why. :P

Congratulations on becoming a premium member. You're one of us now, no one can touch you. :D

I look forward to getting your tags soon on close quarters sir.

I look forward to getting your tags soon on close quarters sir.

I tend to play in large open maps to keep suppression effects to a minimum so doubt that :P

I tend to play in large open maps to keep suppression effects to a minimum so doubt that :P

All the more reason to come and visit my server then. :D

I find it difficult going into the softcore servers after getting so used to hardcore damamge levels. :P

Edited by LtMatt

All the more reason to start playing RO2 again.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php

With RO2, you get:

Did I miss anything? :)

I find it difficult going into the softcore servers after getting so used to hardcore damamge levels. :P

Hardcore? That's one thing I always avoid. I prefer softcore :)

Hardcore? That's one thing I always avoid. I prefer softcore :)

Well i just got TheDuality's tags. Looks like ill be popping into essex rifles sometime soon for yours. :)

All the more reason to start playing RO2 again.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php

With RO2, you get:

Did I miss anything? :)

I have RO2 already. I stopped playing it because it was very buggy and had bad performance. I did enjoy RO1 though, i used to love the tank battles. I never really got into RO2 though. I bought it to tide me over until BF3 came out. Graphically they are worlds apart, dont even get me started on the sound effects. Not sure i could go back now.

Well i just got TheDuality's tags. Looks like ill be popping into essex rifles sometime soon for yours. :)

Good I can grab your tags for a 3rd time :)

• Upvote 1

Good I can grab your tags for a 3rd time :)

Yep you have a nice collection of mine. I wasn't expecting you to be that hard to catch. Surfy and TheDuality just laid there and took it. However ill get there in the end. :P

Got some footage here of Armoured kill along with info about it. It looks amazing so im told. Sadly i cant get the link to work. Its either getting hammered or my internet blows.

http://bf3blog.com/2012/06/new-armored-kill-info-footage/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BF3Blog+%28Battlefield+3+Blog%29

I went and bought BF3 Limited Edition (Half price sale for $18.50) from Best Buy yesterday and now my graphics card is getting a good workout, especially since it is not supported for the game. lol

This is the graphics card I currently have:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-220

However, I was thinking about buying this card, when it becomes available again:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130769

• Upvote 1

I went and bought BF3 Limited Edition from Best Buy yesterday

lol... wont bust on ya, and pull quotes about "never getting that piece of garbage" game... Now you can bitch w/ ownership pride, like the rest of us :)

But seriously, come by and play a round or two. If I know its you, I'll take it easy on ya.

lol... wont bust on ya, and pull quotes about "never getting that piece of garbage" game... Now you can bitch w/ ownership pride, like the rest of us :)

But seriously, come by and play a round or two. If I know its you, I'll take it easy on ya.

Well, since I only got the game for $18.50, I can't complain too much. :P

I told you I was going to wait until it was in the bargain bin. lol :)

My Origin Name: Warden30

• Upvote 1

Well, since I only got the game for $18.50, I can't complain too much. :P

I told you I was going to wait until it was in the bargain bin. lol :)

My Origin Name: Warden30

First one to get Taz's dogtags gets a cookie :D Edited by Singh400
  • Upvote 1