Battlefield 3

MaydaX

• 2 weeks later...

battlefieldltdedv5.jpg

warfarepack.jpg

BATTLEFIELD 3 LIMITED EDITION: PHYSICAL WARFARE PACK AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY FOR PRE-ORDER AT GAME AND GAMESTATION UK

Claim battlefield superiority this Autumn! The Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack is now available for pre-order exclusively at GAME and gamestation in the UK. Players can storm the battlefield armed with powerful weapons and items only available in the Physical Warfare Pack including the Type 88 light machine gun with bipod for superior firepower and total zone control, the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor that provides increased stealth abilities for Recon soldiers, and the lethal armor-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun that is sure to tear through anything in its path. Also included is day one access to the highly versatile DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun itself.

In addition to the launch day exclusive weapons, the Physical Warfare Pack also includes the Battlefield 3™ Back to Karkand digital expansion pack. Players can wage all-out war on four of the most celebrated maps from Battlefield 2, including Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and the Sharqi Peninsula, all stunningly re-created using the power of Frostbite™ 2. DICE’s state of the art game engine serves as the power center for Battlefield 3 to deliver superior performance in character animation, visual rendering, audio and physical destruction unlike anything ever seen before.

All of this amazing content is available at no extra charge to gamers who pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack exclusively at www.game.co.uk and www.gamestation.co.uk.

Battlefield 3 will be available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC. For more information on Battlefield 3, please visit www.battlefield.com, and for the latest news on Battlefield please visit http://www.facebook.com/battlefield or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/battlefield.

Oh look more exclusive weapon unlocks crap. Man I miss the days when everyone had access to the same weapons. Now games cater to the skillfully challenged people who spend many many hours a day playing. The more I see of BF3 the more I don't want it.

• Upvote 1

is that saying you get exclusive maps with that pack?

No that's the map pack DLC everyone gets for pre-ordering. I think you have to buy it separately if you don't pre-order (Not confirmed yet).

bf3dlc.png

splitting the player base is stupid, not just because ACTVI is doing it either!

EA already did it with BF2, BF2142, MoH and Crysis 2 I don't see BF3 being any different.

Actually I haven't been playing many PC games over the last few months. I've moved into smartphone and ipod touch games instead. Currently getting more enjoyment from those. That and I'm enjoying some nice ATV riding now that the weather is warmer.

Now games cater to the skillfully challenged people who spend many many hours a day playing.

Sorry, got to correct you there MaydaX....

"Now games cater to the life-challenged (read welfare) people who spend ALL day playing instead of looking for work." :)

There has been some confusion to if the exclusive unlocks in the Physical Warfare Pack are truely exclusive or can be unlocked by ranking up. It's been confirmed you can only get them by pre-ordering it.

The Physical Warfare Pack is fully exclusive. There's no other way to get those 4 items.

https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/72790794532171776

Have to say that's another turn off for me towards the game. Guess the days of having the same playing field are truly long gone in some franchises.

• Upvote 1

What did they have for BF2 that was exclusive? I know if you preordered 2142 you got a exclusive LMG or something but didn't know they had anything for preordering BF2

Edited by No_Nickname

Seems there are PB master and ban servers for BF3 now.

Pinging bf31.evenbalance.com [66.180.170.20] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.180.170.20: bytes=32 time=161ms TTL=48

Pinging bf3-b.evenbalance.com [66.180.170.20] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.180.170.20: bytes=32 time=111ms TTL=48

Pinging bf32.evenbalance.com [72.51.47.18] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 72.51.47.18: bytes=32 time=470ms TTL=51

Guess that answers the question if BF3 will have PB.

• Upvote 1

There has been some confusion to if the exclusive unlocks in the Physical Warfare Pack are truely exclusive or can be unlocked by ranking up. It's been confirmed you can only get them by pre-ordering it.

https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/72796650833326081

Have to say that's another turn off for me towards the game. Guess the days of having the same playing field are truly long gone in some franchises.

Are we positive on that, wording it as "zero day unlock" sounds to me like you will be able to unlock it normally sometime after the zero day, but we're giving you access on day zero. That's pretty crazy though, I mean theres that Pre-Order gun that floats around in 2142, that you see someone with every 2 years, but that will be crazy if you can only use those guns by picking them up off the dead!

Seems there are PB master and ban servers for BF3 now.

Guess that answers the question if BF3 will have PB.

Awesome news! Will probably be the game for which FLOT reactivates their streaming account.

Edited by Crotan

Are we positive on that, wording it as "zero day unlock" sounds to me like you will be able to unlock it normally sometime after the zero day, but we're giving you access on day zero. That's pretty crazy though, I mean theres that Pre-Order gun that floats around in 2142, that you see someone with every 2 years, but that will be crazy if you can only use those guns by picking them up off the dead!

Awesome news! Will probably be the game for which FLOT reactivates their streaming account.

[/url]

https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/72790794532171776

Blog post about the exclusive unlock pack is not looking too good when reading the user comments.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/05/23/pwp.aspx

I think the people who decide what is sold as extra needs to actually play games. If they did they might understand that all the exclusive unlocks, paid map packs etc is not good for the game in the long run.

• Upvote 1

This looks cool! What if I'm not in the UK?

We will reveal Battlefield 3 preorder bonus items in other countries soon. Stay tuned.

eh.... great....

This looks cool! What if I'm not in the UK?

We will reveal Battlefield 3 preorder bonus items in other countries soon. Stay tuned.

eh.... great....

gotta divide the player base as much as possible to fulfill the tower of babel directive

I wonder if EB will fix the screen shot issue with directx 10 and 11 before the game is released. If Valve can do it within a few days, and have the shot show the entire area of gameplay, then what is taking EB so long?

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/steam-client-beta-available-screenshot-feature-t137118.html

I wonder if EB will fix the screen shot issue with directx 10 and 11 before the game is released. If Valve can do it within a few days, and have the shot show the entire area of gameplay, then what is taking EB so long?

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/steam-client-beta-available-screenshot-feature-t137118.html

Unwillingness to fix the issue or they just don't know how to. Either or. :D

PS I don't think they will fix the issue unless EA tells, fix it or no more PB.

If EA went to VAC, then EB would be screwed. The would probably go out of business.

i totally read that as "if EA went to VAC, then EA would be screwed. The would probably go out of business."

Seeing they are too elite to post here (unless patting themselves on the back) send them a PM and ask. Heck, I for one would love a straight answer on that one.

Unwillingness to fix the issue or they just don't know how to. Either or. :D

PS I don't think they will fix the issue unless EA tells, fix it or no more PB.

Starting to think EB is getting kickbacks to not fix it...

I know its kinda "out of left field", but think about it... Its the one utility (minus demos) that renders many cheats useless. Which in turn makes hacksite claims of "undetectable" still an accurite selling point. Think about how much money ppl spend on hacks. Its a big business in its own right. Plenty of money to afford a few back room deals.

Theres a legit reason why many ppl are asking: "If Steam can do it, why can't EvenBallance do it?" Either they don't have the smarts, or theres a more lucrative reason.

butt

Theres a legit reason why many ppl are asking: "If Steam can do it, why can't EvenBallance do it?" Either they don't have the smarts, or theres a more lucrative reason.

butt

It's not VAC only, new anti cheat for ET and COD4 also does that.

Example:

COD4: http://sl-anticheat.com/screenshot.php?id=1707899

ET: http://sl-anticheat.com/screenshot.php?id=333045

http://sl-anticheat.com/cheaters.php

It's not VAC only, new anti cheat for ET and COD4 also does that.

Ahhh. Didn't know that,

Even more reason to question the motivation of why EvenBallance can't or wont fix their utility. Their "known issue/we're working on it" response never sat well with me. Now that its been proven possible, what other lamer excuse will be next?

butt

The more I read about Battlefield 3 , EB's inability/inaction with regard to PB screenshots and EA's plans to convert to "games as a service" the less inclined I am to buy BF3.

The lack of action on EA's part to motivate EB and the new direction EA is looking at taking tells me this will never be fixed because EA is looking at taking back control of the BF market.

Yes.I said..and meant...take back control.

While they are the owners of the product..its us...the admins/clans...who provide the market for gamers to play in. We are the ones who pay for, and therefore provide, the servers for thier consumers. to play on.

And its us..the admins/clans...and the third party anti-cheat groups such as PBBans that regulate the access to those servers.

By switching to pay-to-play, one would assume they they will be providing the servers to play on..and therefore regulating them .That cuts out the 3rd party admins (us) who get to decide who can and cannot play on individual servers in addition to the 3rd party anti-cheat sites who add additional bans on top of the ones handed down by EB.

We still have another 6 months until the supposed release of BF3 ( I say supposed after the debacle that was BF:1943 for the PC) which is a long time in gaming. Plenty of time for EA to switch to thier pay-to-play outlook. (I'm assuming the beginning of November having seen the trailer for the new COD the other night during the basketball...looked impressive too. )

How many people will be willing to pay a monthly fee to play the game AND pay for servers each month ?

If EA wants players to stump up each month...how many servers will they be providing to play on ? I for 1 fail to see why I should have to pay each month and then pay to provide a platform to expand thier market.

IMO, BC2 was nothing more than a test of the Frostbite engine in anticipation of BF3 and BF2P4F a trial run of the pay-for-content that is inevitable.

The recent post about the DLC with weapons and maps tells us all we need to know about that.

Not that I'll switch to COD mind too....see too many posts about problems with that as well...so back to square 1 and finding something new to play, or something old to reinstall.

Given that I read that there are over 160,000 subscribing cheaters to a particular FPS cheat product, legit players and server admins need all the help they can get to catch these cheating %@$tards. EB should make getting the PBSS facility working a priority especially given that BF3 is soon to come out. If they don't, they risk the PC version getting a bad reception from the gaming community when it becomes like Black Ops (now colloquially known as Hack Ops). I know I didn't buy it for that very reason.

Unlike multi-player games of the past where cheaters were few and far between, these days, if I had to describe the most important factor in deciding whether or not to buy a game, it would be how easily cheats are detected and caught. It has my deciding vote.