Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Wasn't there rumors of Activision doing the same think with COD, making it into a Pay to Play? If EA does make a Pay to Play Battlefield game and continues on that path, I'm done buying games from EA. Pretty sure a lot of people will stop buying the games then and go back to playing the older and better games before EA started to care more about money then the consumer

• Upvote 1

The only franchises EA really cares about now are its Sport franchises...Madden, NBA, MBL etc...

If they were serious about any of thier other lines you would probably see at ;east 1 tv advert mentioning therm.

Anyone EVER seen one on the tv for BC2 ?

Any rumours of one for BF3 ? (and no, the online ones don't count.)

Yet Activision splashed COD all over the small screen in addition to its other adsvertising.They've already started for the new rerlease and thats 6 months away...yet all we get from EA is chickenfeed scraps of info...hell not even any hint on minimum or recommended specs, not that they can be counted on to be anywhere near what you'll actually need.

I hope I'm proved wrong and BF3 is the games we want it o be...its not like EA hasn't got all the pieces in place to make it that way,well with the exception of PB being screwed up...but Activision and the COD franchise won this war. a long time ago and instead of trying to mainain the standard set by BF2 in terms of playability EA looks liek its trying to out COD the actual COD.

*shrugs*

The only franchises EA really cares about now are its Sport franchises...Madden, NBA, MBL etc...

If they were serious about any of thier other lines you would probably see at ;east 1 tv advert mentioning therm.

Anyone EVER seen one on the tv for BC2 ?

Any rumours of one for BF3 ? (and no, the online ones don't count.)

What are you talking about, BC2 had one of the best TV adverts I've seen for a game. Side step, COD: Black Ops also had some good ones.

http://youtu.be/aeJ1G-JFp6A

However I would rather these companies put big bucks behind development and not advertisement. This isn't Walt Disney, I don't need advertisements and merchandising. I need a kick-ass game. This thread also has a pretty angry tone, let the developers do their thing. I would prefer them in front of a computer and not a camera to satisfy our endless curiosity.

Edited by Crotan

If EA does make a Pay to Play Battlefield game and continues on that path, I'm done buying games from EA.

Some customers will never learn and they will still buy it :) IMO most of the PC games are dying because it needs hardware upgrade every 2 years or so while console games doesn't require much hardware upgrade and on the top gameplay is getting worse and now a days it's more about DLC.

Some customers will never learn and they will still buy it :) IMO most of the PC games are dying because it needs hardware upgrade every 2 years or so while console games doesn't require much hardware upgrade and on the top gameplay is getting worse and now a days it's more about DLC.

Well I said that with Call of Duty, and I haven't bought one for the PC since COD2 and WaW on the Xbox, I borrowed everthing after that from friends

EA 'certain' Battlefield will overtake Call of Duty commercially

"The only question is when that day will be," says European senior VP

EA says the balance of power in the first person shooter market is shifting away from Activision's genre leading Call of Duty series to its own "champion", Battlefield.

European senior vice president Jens Uwe Intat told MCV he's certain Battlefield will at some point overtake Call of Duty commercially.

"Certainly. The only question is when that day will be," he said. "And for me, the sooner the better.

Click to view larger image

"With Battlefield 3 we have a superior games engine and a top notch product. We are convinced that we will, in fact, have a better product than our key competitor in the space. We think this is the perfect year to gain back market share."

Battlefield 3 "is our champion this year", he added.

Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg said this week that EA's intense focus on taking down Call of Duty is only helping to build public awareness of Modern Warfare 3.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/304332/news/ea-certain-battlefield-will-overtake-call-of-duty-commercially/

If any of you want to vote on if BF3 should have a commander like BF2 and BF2142, then vote here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1390040-commander-yes-no.html

Note: DICE may or may not incorporate the commander feature. This is just a friendly vote started by a forum member.

If any of you want to vote on if BF3 should have a commander like BF2 and BF2142, then vote here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1390040-commander-yes-no.html

Note: DICE may or may not incorporate the commander feature. This is just a friendly vote started by a forum member.

this will be the point of greatest indignation after we figure out there is no commander. they will claim "it was too complicated"

E3 2011 in Los Angeles is only a few days away and there is a lot of excitement in the air. We are thrilled to be at the expo to show you Battlefield 3! We are currently putting the final touches on our demo - testing, tweaking, and in general, creating a game that's looking amazing. I'm very happy and proud of what our DICE team has accomplished and what we'll be unveiling to the world at E3.

Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further – we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.

So what can you expect from the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 features some of the biggest and most spectacular maps that we have built. At the same time, we are also able to create more intense close-quarter combat than ever before. The multiplayer map, "Operation Métro," available for press to play on the show floor, combines both sides of the scale into one cohesive experience. Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion. All things combined, big and small, add up to the best Battlefield game we have ever created!

Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game's extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends' progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!

Karl Magnus Troedsson

General Manager, DICE

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/03/bf3-goes-to-e3.aspx

o.0 TDM, now BF3 is starting to look interesting.

This will probably be like Need for Speed:Hot Pursuit Autolog, it's a good little feature to be honest so if they can integrate it with BF3 that will be fantastic.

Iam just hoping they can come up with a working ingame VOIP... Fella can dream right?

"featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends' progress in real-time, and more."

Nice to see DICE has their priorities in line. Can't wait to hear about how this or that couldn't be included due to the "lack of manpower" they like to fall back on.

butt

I'm more concerned about the network code itself than the release day outages. Before I stopped playing BC2 I seen a lot of server warping and horrible hit detection. It seemed better on 24 slot servers and in MoH. Now they are increasing the max players to 64 so it will be interesting to see if the servers can actually handle it.

*Snip

However, with this new engine, anything can happen. :)

Think thats what we are all worried about. Least those of us that plunked down $60 for Bc2 + server fees for months on end. We've been down this road before. "Cool" marketing vids, and a turd that fell flat on release.

butt

• Upvote 1

Think thats what we are all worried about. Least those of us that plunked down $60 for Bc2 + server fees for months on end. We've been down this road before. "Cool" marketing vids, and a turd that fell flat on release.

Which is why I don't pre-order or buy on release day. I saved money by avoiding Homefront and Brink so far. They ended up being games that looked good but the release wasn't what I expected.

Been reading that BF3 will only be on Origin and will not be on Steam and other digital services.

Digital Exclusives: The Origin beta application will deliver full digital downloads for new PC games including Battlefield 3 and Need For Speed The Run. Future additions will include access to the latest online betas as well as demos and try before you buy opportunities.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=582630

Take it with a grain of salt as it may apply to some unannounced special edition.

Been reading that BF3 will only be on Origin and will not be on Steam and other digital services.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=582630

Take it with a grain of salt as it may apply to some unannounced special edition.

splintering player base must hold some great fascination. i want to use a single point access to everything. not a different confusing outlet for every damn publisher