Battlefield 3

MaydaX

Well now we know 4 things....

1. that Singleplayer /Campaign mode will look nice and pretty

2. Pay to play NOT in the immediate future.

3.There will be an open beta...but no mentin of the dates for a closed beta for all the ppl who bought a beta key with Medal oh Honor 3.

4. Its being release about 2 weeks before Call of Duty

Nothing that we really want like Minimum/Recommended specs or how much better/worse Multiplayer will look.

So..... still no incentive to fork out for it so far.,

Well now we know 4 things....

1. that Singleplayer /Campaign mode will look nice and pretty

2. Pay to play NOT in the immediate future.

3.There will be an open beta...but no mentin of the dates for a closed beta for all the ppl who bought a beta key with Medal oh Honor 3.

4. Its being release about 2 weeks before Call of Duty

Nothing that we really want like Minimum/Recommended specs or how much better/worse Multiplayer will look.

So..... still no incentive to fork out for it so far.,

That's not true, you just haven't been paying attention. Operation Metro is a multiplayer map. Rush mode no less. All in game multiplayer footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPu7-LtLKmU

not sure, but the media embed feature's not working for me

Edited by MaydaX

A+ for "wow factor" / e-candy

F- for beta one month before release.

butt

I wouldn't give an F yet for the BETA. If there are no closed BETA's prior to the September open BETA... then yea a F- would be right.

Yeah, been hearing that too. About the only bad news so far. I've heard no auto-knife, and possibly an opt out of revive feature.

Yeah, been hearing that too. About the only bad news so far. I've heard no auto-knife, and possibly an opt out of revive feature.

as much as I hate being revived with an empty clip, I think an opt out of revive feature would be counter intuitive. No auto knife on the other hand sounds amazing

as much as I hate being revived with an empty clip, I think an opt out of revive feature would be counter intuitive. No auto knife on the other hand sounds amazing

As long as it shows you on the minimap or something that you can't revive them, I don't see it being too much of a problem.

I think it should be a step further and that you can only be revived X amount of times before you have to respawn. That and a key you hold down to opt out of being revived.

4 man squads...... f****ing h*** DICE. :moodeath:

yea but a designated squad leader! and in game voip working off the bat goes a long way to get teamwork going!

That Ustream live video from the EA E3 event really answered a lot of questions, several interviews with BF staff and great footage of the ingame players on operation metro. Hopefully they post the full video on youtube or similar later

yea but a designated squad leader! and in game voip working off the bat goes a long way to get teamwork going!

That Ustream live video from the EA E3 event really answered a lot of questions, several interviews with BF staff and great footage of the ingame players on operation metro. Hopefully they post the full video on youtube or similar later

Yea a squad leader helps... but still, when you have a big clan, in bf2 it was awesome to roll in a 6 man clan squad.

Yea a squad leader helps... but still, when you have a big clan, in bf2 it was awesome to roll in a 6 man clan squad.

Right, I agree with you. I would love to see a return of 6 man squads. But two of the things that made squads no where near as effective as prior titles was the lack of ingame voip and no designated squad leader.

Edited by Crotan

thanks bc2.......:lame:

i don't know what they were in bf2, but 8 would be nice :biga:

6. And you could only spawn on Squad Leader. It should be at least 6.. if not 8 like you suggested.

Man this is just sad.

I waited in the #BF3 line for 3 hours to be told that I couldn't play b/c I am wearing an Activision badge. @EA just lost MAJOR respect.

http://twitter.com/#!/H4WKE/status/78234890839142400

I'm hearing some publishers are not letting people with badges from other publishers into their demos. Kinda weak. Let your games speak.

http://twitter.com/#!/OneOfSwords/status/78273417719197698

eh I'm not surprised they had a live stream going, where they were asking players and developers that did get in what they thought. Last thing you want is some COD developer, on live stream, going yea it's good but its better in ... where you do this.

Funny enough, pretty sure one of the developers that did get to play was from respawn entertainment

Edited by Crotan

eh I'm not surprised they had a live stream going, where they were asking players and developers that did get in what they thought. Last thing you want is some COD developer, on live stream, going yea it's good but its better in ... where you do this.

If the game is as ground breaking as they claim, negative comments from the competition won't hurt it.

I waited in line for an hour to play BF3, there were people from Sony playing it, people from Gearbox, from Ubisoft, from Respawn Entertainment -- none of them were turned down.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/19385635-post44.html

The demo was open to anyone that could get near it. If they don't want to show their competitors their product then what the hell are they doing at E3. It's not like the guy went to the DICE studios and refused entry for wearing the Activision badge.

Hmm not keen on 4 people per squad. It works on BC2 cause basically the game works on a smaller scale. However they're saying the maps will be larger then ever before blah blah blah.. if you have 64 players on a server, 8 squads each side and no commander to co-ordinate, it could lose the battle feel its setting out to have and that is my one big reservation about this game.

Squad size dependant on server size may be an idea, but I'm guessing they're passed ideas now..

Generally though my feelings are same as Piggys