Far Cry 3

SuperTaz

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

What the hell happened to far cry? I remember playing the first but im sure it was nothing like that. I think that looks horrible when compared to battlefield 3 graphics. Its like going back to the 80's but without the cool haircuts. I think i may have just become a graphics whore.

It reminded me of both BF3 and MW2, I think they'd have been better keeping to their own design for the game instead of trying to copy everything else on the market.

It does make me wonder if this is the new face of PC gaming, why go through the hassle of creating a game from scratch when they can just copy the biggest sellers.

Long live Tripwire Interactive who do try to at least break from the norm and define their own game style.

• 7 months later...
Far Cry 3's online multiplayer will not have dedicated servers at launch, a Ubisoft representative has stated on the company's forums. Although Far Cry has always leaned toward the single-player experience, it's a bummer for those who thought things may have changed since Far Cry 2.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/19/far-cry-3-wont-have-dedicated-servers/

Shame it's all P2P like MW2.

That is a damn shame, but this is a game I'll be buying for the exact opposite reasons that I buy FPS titles like BF3. I'm going to be all about the single player in this one. Glad to see PunkBuster integration too though, as I'm sure I'll try out the multiplier especially since there will be community maps!

The SP on Fc3 is out standing, the best sp i have played for a long time, Sunday i said to myself i take a quick look at FC3 and spent almost all day playing it, just so much to do and see in this game. Not played MP yet, may try that tonight if i get time.

• Upvote 1

Asking someone who is not a developer about an issue that most likely has to do with EA/DICE, rather than EB, in a thread about something completely irrelevant. I'm sorry, but no.

I think it was a fair question, (respectfully asked for that matter...)

Sorry man, but thats a bit of some nazi / heavyhanded admining there.

I've probably said some shit over the years, that deserved to be pruned. That post sure as heck was not anything that deserved PBbans staff interaction.

Asking someone who is not a developer about an issue that most likely has to do with EA/DICE, rather than EB.

So - evenbalance is not responsible for their own software or utilities?

The SP on Fc3 is out standing, the best sp i have played for a long time, Sunday i said to myself i take a quick look at FC3 and spent almost all day playing it, just so much to do and see in this game. Not played MP yet, may try that tonight if i get time.

I might have to have another butchers then Nick if its that good. I guess its come on a bit since i made that comment earlier.

Hmmm, may have to buy this after all. Love a good open world singleplayer. And if I did get the itch to go multi on it, at least it has PB. And yes Ubisoft, I said I would BUY it. I'm not one of the 96% PC pirates that your mouthpieces say are out there. :fighting0050: