Viol 89246, 89296 and 89229 Bans Removed (BF3)

MaydaX

Odd i use Auto Hotkey to moderate an online game Desert operations & have it running whilst in game yet never been banned i stream to PBBANS & GGC yet never been banned so how is that possible ?...

;		   Helps
;
::m1:: /sticky
::m2:: /unsticky
::h1:: You can send a Support Ticket here: http://www.looki.co.uk/support/newticket.php?category=28
::h2:: Everyone has a opinion, whatever it may be, this chat is not the place to air your personal views. Please stop the discussion, thanks
::h3:: Please keep the chat topics related to the game as this is the game chat and not a private chat room. Thank you
::h4:: Please read the game manual here http://wiki.desert-operations.com/uk/index.php/Main_Page
::h5:: Please read chat rules and Game GTBS here http://uk.desert-operations.com/wiki and in the forums here http://www.looki.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=989
::h6:: Please stop. To over emphasize words or names by adding redundant extra letters and/or special characters is annoying and disturbs the chat.
::h7::
::h8::
;
;		   Warnings
;
;
::a1:: No alliance recruiting please in this Room . Please use the Alliances chat lobby or PM.
;
::s1:: Swearing is against the rules. Even using **'s or abreviations in place of bad words is against the rules, and will result in you being muted.
;
::c1:: Dont use caps please, its considered shouting and is against the rules, and can result in you being muted.

And there has been once or twice i spammed my server by mistake with auto hotkey so how is it only some were getting banned ?.(out of interest)

I was ubanned. All I used AutoHotKey for was VOLUME CONTROL and launching apps?! So I should be banned because I use it in lue of my keyboard not having media controls? Some of you guys if you would have been in my shoes and had ~130 hours of play time and been banned for seemingly nothing you would think other wise. The problem lies in finding out how to read memory hashs of scripts that are altering gameplay and not simple volume control etc. Which I'm not even going to muse how that's possible. I think they did the right thing with this one.

Just a slight note, I've used AHK for years with no issues until last week. Something has changed with BF3 on the EvenBalance side of things if you ask me.

This is my AHK script:

#Numpad1::
Run Chrome
return
#Numpad2::
Run %windir%\explorer.exe
return

#Numpad3::
Run %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe
return
#Numpad5::
Run Calc
Return
#Numpad7::
Run G:\Steam\Steam.exe
Return

#n::
IfWinExist Untitled - Notepad
WinActivate
else
Run Notepad
return

#t::
Run Taskmgr
return

#v::
Run %windir%\system32\mstsc.exe
Return
;This is keypad launching. Mainly for games and often used utilities.
;So keep this section clean so that you can use what you need when you need!
#Numpad0::
Run "G:\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe"
Return
;Sound Settings /multi-media For Keyboard.
;This emulates needing to use a function key to do it.
^NumpadEnter::
Send {Volume_Mute}
return

^NumpadSub::
Send {Volume_Down}
Return

^NumpadAdd::
Send {Volume_Up}
Return

^CtrlBreak::
Send {Media_Play_Pause}
Return
^PgUp::
Send {Media_Next}
Return
^PgDn::
Send {Media_Prev}
Return

Edited by Qazme
  • Upvote 1

Good for you PBbans, you made the right decision. The mass banning was way over the top and too agressive of a move for EB to enforce.

A proper Kick and warning should have been the first line of action, then Ban after that. I was one of those wrongfully accused, it sucked, to put it mildly. Plus the real hacks are going to get away with far worse cheating than using AHK.

All this did was hurt a lot of innocent people. You can't just Expect people to know that AHK is no longer allowed, and throw up some dumb a** code. They allowed it for 10 yrs, NOW they decide to secretly ban people w/o warning, ridiculous. Just a complete Wrong way of going about it.

Total neglect and shameful, players being banned and then unbanned by MACROs, GGC remained bans and congratulations to them, until it seems that the PBBANS is helping the guys should keep the bans

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489605496002/2/

This is the opinion of playersBF,now PBans should respectour opinion,and the minimum ban suchusers macro again, if you guys think macrois something inofenciv makes a difference or not look at this video and draw your conclusions..

(I participate in a Brazilian community BF3, BFbrasil, in which the ADMs use the macro to reduce the recoil of the guns, said they already own, following the macro name than a video is covers ...)

You 2 are not in receipt of the full facts and you do not stream a server via PBBans so I guess you never will be.

The PBBans MCI manager has suggested a PB setting that will kick all AHK users and on top of that he has updated our MD5 scans so that only cheat related AHK scripts that we have in our cheat collection database will trigger a violation.

You should also remember that as it stands at the moment any server that is PB enabled will still kick for the 2 gamehack violations concerned (the default 2 minutes) the only difference is, that PBBans will not place a permanent ban for anyone raising either of those violations.

So maybe your ire should be directed at Even Balance for giving a 2 minute kick instead of a globalguid ban :P

If either of you have any further concerns that you feel might warrant an explanation, please use our general forums for discussion rather than clog up a news item with your opinions.

Thanks.

• Upvote 3

I love how all you morons, say totally the wrong action by PBBans, when it's happened numerous times over the past several years. Where were you guys when those others got removed? When innocents were banned? Go away you dam trolls and learn what an actual hack is.

• Upvote 5

Total neglect and shameful, players being banned and then unbanned by MACROs, GGC remained bans and congratulations to them, until it seems that the PBBANS is helping the guys should keep the bans

totally wrong...the action ofPBans

Now GGC have confirmed that totally innocent players are raising a cheat violation that they can be banned for, what would you 2 suggest they do now :scratchchin:

GGC-Stream _ News _ Violations #89246 and #89296 (Allegedly Auto Hot Key).jpg

• Upvote 1

Quite the contrary guy friend, my anger is due to bans removed by the use of MACRO that can be considered the same as hacker ..

http://www.ggc-stream.com/news/133/Violations+%2389246+and+%2389296+%28Allegedly+Auto+Hot+Key%29

We are aware of the alleged "AHK" issues, but Evenbalance do not find these violations to be triggered in error, and we at GGC haven't been able to reproduce these violations, by using the same program -/s (yet).

We are also aware of what PBBans have chosen to do, but as EB haven't confirmed it to be "false-positives" and we haven't been able to reproduce a violation kick/ban yet - using different AHK's - these violations will stay for now.

If Evenbalance change these violations to "false-positives" GGC will remove them a.s.a.p. If we manage to reproduce them ourself (still testing), they will be removed from our system.

UPDATE 12.02. 23:45

Violations have been confirmed to be triggered by using AHK for at least 20 minutes.

There might be problems with other applications using parts of AHK too.

Violations #89246 and #89296 removed and bans lifted

It'd be neglectful for PBBans, and other third party A/C organisations, not to act in the best interests of this community where seen appropriate. We do not make cavalier (Showing a lack of proper concern; offhand.) decisions and we have a reason for everything we do - which should now be very clear.

While we appreciate that there is an illegitimate use for AHK (allegedly) there is also a large legitimate use. Where we can not guarantee that a ban is conclusively as a result of a cheat/hack it is given the benefit of the doubt; it's how we maintain the integrity of our service and MBi.

• Upvote 3

This whole thing is testament to the level of paranoia we now game under, the stance of innocent until proven guilty is no longer considered with many people even going as far as to be happy to ban people who are using it, in an innocent capacity (and that includes people who dont know there's even a problem) so long as they catch the "few" that are using for dubious means. Its completely the wrong attitude to have in my opinion and Its good to see GGC have followed PPBans lead on this.

It reminds of an quote made by the Abbot of Citeaux when discussing how to deal with the Cathers when he announced "kill them all god will know his own!".

Quality over quantity and I would personally rather deal with an army of cheats than having innocent people banned.

Edited by {SAS}stalker
  • Upvote 2

Quite the contrary guy friend, my anger is due to bans removed by the use of MACRO that can be considered the same as hacker ..

I understand where you're coming from. And you're not wrong to be upset about cheaters using it to their advantage. Your point is valid. The problem is those that do use it to gain an advantage.

The greater good here that I believe we can both agree with is that PBBans made a decision to not have innocent people banned at the cost of a few cheaters going free. As a buyer of BF3, it would be unfortunate to be restricted from servers over a tool that may be used maliciously which is why I'm happy that EB/PB still applies a restriction kick.

Maybe it will be fixed and the PB restriction will no longer be applied. Until then, this is the best solution in my view.

This whole thing is testament to the level of paranoia we now game under, the stance of innocent until proven guilty is no longer considered with many people even going as far as to be happy to ban people who are using it, in an innocent capacity (and that includes people who dont know there's even a problem) so long as they catch the "few" that are using for dubious means. Its completely the wrong attitude to have in my opinion and Its good to see GGC have followed PPBans lead on this.

While I agree, I can understand that due to the overwhelming numbers of cheaters we see in servers these days, this is now the case (people more willing to believe players are deliberately cheating). Probably why I prefer single player/co-op games now.

In as far as AHK and other macro programs being used in multi-player games, I believe restriction kicks are the answer simply because people don't always use AHK etc., for cheating so asking them to turn off the macro before rejoining the server is the way to go. By the way, I lump the use of G15 and mouse macros in the same boat - shouldn't be on in multiplayer games regardless of usage.

I see quite a few bans for AIMBOT 50619 in the last few days too. Is there any possibility that there is a legitmate (read non hacking) reason that could trigger this many bans?

Shameful is that you exist people with that kind of thinking, I think Pbbans to doing the right thing because you can not punish the guilty innocent, I think that if it should punish and prohibit pienzan people like you, it is cheats server to keep clean and unwanted people, not to ban innocent people, and if there is any doubt, it is better to lift the ban till be safe, because behind those cartoons that you see and play some people, like you and I, with feelings, which should be treated with respect, and if you do not know respect, it is best to play with robot or out of network

IN SUMMARY

What is really shameful to see such job post

regards

Vergonzoso es que existas personas con ese tipo de pensamiento , creo que Pbbans a hecho lo correcto , pues no se puede castigar a inocentes por culpables , creo que lo que si deberia es castigar y prohibir a las personas que pienzan como ustedes , se trata de mantener limpio servidores de tramposos y gente indeseada , no de prohibir a personas inocente, y si cabe alguna duda, es mejor levantar la prohibicion asta estar seguro, pues detras de esos muñequitos que ustedes ven y juegan hay personas , como tu y como Yo , con sentimientos , a las que se debe tratar con respeto , y si usted no sabe respetarla, lo mejor que juegue con robot o fuera de Red

RESUMIENDO

Lo que si es vergonzoso es ver publicasiones de este tipo

Saludos

Edited by david2003

Funny if people checked, evenbalance has removed bans and converted to kicks.

So if GGC still enforcing them somethings wrong!

Read latest update.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-bf3.php

Monday 02.13.2012 [2:00PM]

Violations #89246 and #89226 have been converted to Restriction kicks in our system since they can be triggered by common macro programs. We encourage server admins to give players the benefit of the doubt for these two violation number as some of the kicks were not caused by a cheating macro.

Edited by Crazzie_Canuck

Even funnier that since PBBans have been proven to have made absolutely the correct decision re cheat violations #89246 and #89296, there has not been a retraction of the "knee jerk" posts that appeared when we made the initial decision to exempt those 2 cheat violations from our systems ... that is what I find neglectful, and up to a point shameful :P

• Upvote 2

Even funnier that since PBBans have been proven to have made absolutely the correct decision re cheat violations #89246 and #89296, there has not been a retraction of the "knee jerk" posts that appeared when we made the initial decision to exempt those 2 cheat violations from our systems ... that is what I find neglectful, and up to a point shameful :P

Idiots are incapable of the self introspection needed to admit they made a mistake. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for the retraction.

• Upvote 1

We have lifted Violation (GAMEHACK) #89229 as well since EB has stated it is for macro software too. First post has been updated with details.

Violations #89246, #89296, and #89229 (in BF3 only) have been converted to Restriction kicks in our system since they can be triggered by common macro programs.

• 3 weeks later...