Battlefield 4

SuperTaz

EDIT: Additional clarification

Things that we recognize that there is a serious desire for, including but not exclusive to:

• A better VOIP solution
  • Battle Recorder
  • Spectator Mode
  • More robust eSports support

correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me that most of that was said about BC2 as well

• Upvote 1

correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me that most of that was said about BC2 as well

Your not wrong.

What they did was reneg post launch, and told us Bc2 was not a true "Battlefield" title (except for the "battlefield" part that was in the title), therfore we were in error to expect a battle recorder feature we came to expect from our favorite franchise.

Bc2 had VOIP but it did not work 95% of the time.

They'll probably fire all the CM's and bring in new ppl to blow smoke up our collective asses, just long enough to get the pre-orders secured.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

DICE general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson took the stage today at GDC Europe where he shed some light details on Battlefield 4 and the Bad Company series.

For those who were hoping that Battlefield 4 would be taking place during a different time era, you’ll be disappointed to know that DICE will be sticking with the Modern Day setting.

“We still want to stay in this genre, the modern day as it is. We feel this is a place we can be and continue with the series. Battlefield 4 can live in this space and be very successful.” Karl said, “There’s a lot of things inspiring us as to how the franchise will move on. Everything from fans’ feedback, to market research and, of course, what we want to build ourselves. It’s not just one single thing.”

And speaking of the Bad Company franchise, Karl did touch upon this, however it wasn’t anything really new from what was said in mid July of this year. He explained, “that doesn’t mean there might not be a Bad Company game again in the future.”

http://mp1st.com/2012/08/13/battlefield-4-confirmed-to-be-set-in-modern-day-bad-company-series-not-dead/

• 2 months later...

Rumour mill

Lasgana: BF4

Lasgana: Coming October 23rd, 2013

Lasgana: development just started, expected to be done in 1 yr [Nirolak's Note: Since this is the one likely to elicit the most "this is fake" notes, I feel I should elaborate. Given some later points (like already have an internal demo), this seems to refer to EA's normal two year development cycle of a one year pre-production cycle with ~30-40 people and then ballooning up to 150-300 people to make the game after most things are prototyped and planned out. Visceral, BioWare, and a fair number of publishers outside EA also operate this way since it allows you to have multiple projects without cyclical layoffs due to scaling down in pre-production and scaling up in production. For example, during the downtime between Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, DICE's spare staff worked on making Medal of Honor's multiplayer and helping to build Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. As to what the bulk of DICE's staff worked on prior to this going into production, it's probably either a second project or, once again, other EA games.]

Lasgana: will be on pc, ps3, xbox360 and next gen consoles

Lasgana: will be one of the first games for next gen consoles

Lasgana: commander system comes back

Lasgana: profile can be linked with other devices like ipad

Lasgana: auto login, need internet all time, support cloud saves

Lasgana: easier to pickup the game, to take care of players from CoD

Lasgana: support body and voice control for this commander system

Lasgana: better battlelog integration and better stats reporting

Lasgana: supports video playback and sharing

Lasgana: have gem store for dlc and other stuff like that

Lasgana: 3 factions: russia, usa and china

Lasgana: can deploy female soliders

Lasgana: frostbite 2.0 engine

Lasgana: pc, ps4 and xbox 720 supports 64 player maps

Lasgana: 360 and ps3 will be less

Lasgana: pc, ps4 and 720 will provide 60 fps

Lasgana: already have a demo video internally within EA,

Lasgana: matching the quality of BF3 already

Lasgana: bf4 will use 80% of power of frostbite 2, wheras bf3 only 30-40%

Lasgana: modern background

Lasgana: i mean story background

---- Original Post (someone translated with google translate) ----

Lock and Mock if OLD

- BF4 has a 1yr development cycle and has a tenative launch date of oct 23rd 2013

- it will be on the big 3 current gen systems as well as next gen platforms (only sony and M$, as well as pc)

- commander role in MP will return with new tools and abilities

- voice commands

- battlelog will be tied to the game

- game will support video recording with internal replay system this might be in box or via dlc.. thats unclear or if its universal paltform inclusion

- currently there are three factions: USA, Russia, and China!!

- female charcaters (NPC's) and the ability to play as them in MP

- next gen systems and pc will support 64-player MP however current gen console releases wont

- frostbite 2.0

- next gen console versions run @ approx 60fps, current gen @ 30fps, PC will ahve an FPS lock of 100fps

- exp system will be again present

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498308

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Whoever was playing that character in the SP was a moronic idiot. Couldn't shoot for shit. And I didn't find it particularly interesting to be honest. I only care about MP, I haven't even played SP in BF3.

Wake me up when they show some MP footage.

And I'd hang fire on the pre-order. I managed to pre-order BF3: LE for £19.99. It'll happen this time round too or I'll just take a trip to India :D

Edited by Singh400