Battlefield 4

SuperTaz

EA cuts relations with Battlefield communities

Well established Battlefield communites, world wide, loose their rights to have their own Battlefield 4 servers/websites.

Big and small Battlefield communites got monday a message from DICE that they will not be supported any further. EA have decided to do extrem cutting on the list of who will be supported for Battlefield 4 servers/homepages/communites.

Einar Idsø is leader of eSport Norway, which runs Battlefield.no with the orginization Multigamer.no. He is very surpised by the decicion from EA/DICE.

- One week before the e-mail, we got an expression that everything was good for everyone. We have been witness to changes before, with small adjustments from Battlefield 2 to Battlefield 3, but this change/tightening was extreme, says Idsø to Gamer.no.

- Difficult to support the game from now on

Idsø have no doubts that this will affect Battlefield 4 position negative.

- EA is ruining the built for communities, and will lose money this way. It will be mighty difficult for indevidualls or small communities to support the game. You can only buy the game, rent a server or play on an official servers. There are no administrators there, and it's here the benifits of local communities comes to mind, says Idsø.

Battle.no supports Idsø, and doesn't understand the decision:

- It came as a shock. We've had a close, good and clean relationship to EA and DICE, all along. We have done so much good for the Battlefield community, including a more advanced ban-system, tournements for companys and TV 2 Zebra broadcast (Norwegian TV-Channel). If they would have thrown out someone, I strongly would have believed it would have been communites with a bad reputation. (EAUK ..)

End of voluntery communites?

In Battlefield 3 there are around 40-50 servers world wide (Official communites). Some of these are commercial operators, others are clans or organizations. Multigamer.no was one of these that could rent out servers, and they have been sponsor of their sister-site Battlefield.no since 2002.

Fragnet is now the only northen european operator which were allowed to re-new their server contract with EA and DICE. This means that smaller, not commercial communities, runned by enthusiasts, needs to pay a lot of money to run their communities.

- Battlefield.no is an organization which is made so people can enjoy the game and the multiplayer, and we lean completely on volunteer work of our members. It is not economicly possible to buy servers from Fragnet, which now owns monopol on them, says Christian Dreyer, director of Battlefield.no.

Idsø is shocked by short-minded thinking from EA:

- EA themself have said that they are cutting down to defend their server progams/software. I don't believe that. This is almost trolling, og it's much more important for them to make fast money, then have a good reputation.

Gamer.no have all day tried to reach EA by phone and e-mail, but they have so far gotten no respond (surprise).

http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?12107-EA-cuts-relations-with-the-Battlefield-Community

That is one reason why I did not buy BF4. For EA/DICE to screw the communities like this is completely ridiculous. That's what happens when a company would rather impress shareholders than listen to their customers.

Now I know why Valve is still #1. They at least listen to their customers.

• Upvote 1

why am I not surprised

That is one reason why I did not buy BF4. For EA/DICE to screw the communities like this is completely ridiculous. That's what happens when a company would rather impress shareholders than listen to their customers.

Now I know why Valve is still #1. They at least listen to their customers.

You guys should calm down.  That is some user made blog post with ranting and a sensational headline.  Might as well be in a 711 checkout line.

I was surprised to see Kalms still posting at FPSadmins, because that place is dead as a door nail.  They are still active in the community, no matter how much server admins are butthurt that they can't yell spam people.

Edited by Crotan

LOL cute video! It may very well be netcode but I find it interesting that eG-Diggzi takes fire for 5 seconds and does nothing more than go prone for a second. While under constant fire he never aims or attempts to return fire and just runs 20m-25m up to him, stops and tries to knife him. Then @ 26s you see a tracer go into his back no damage followed by an RPG on blast on doorway wall @27s and again he takes no damage (I don't believe it was a friendly rpg either).

Wonder if the mumbling about health hacks is true hmm

Edited by SOC_JO

• 2 weeks later...

Battlefield 4 developer DICE will cease working on expansions for the shooter until issues across all platforms are rectified, an EA spokesperson has said. This also means work on Star Wars Battlefront 3 has been put on hold, as all hands are on deck to fix BF4.

Speaking with Polygon, the spokesperson said fixing the game is the developer’s “number one priority.”

“First, we want to thank the fans out there that are playing and supporting us with Battlefield 4,” they said. “We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game — it is absolutely our No. 1 priority.

“The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game. Since Battlefield 4 China Rising expansion pack was already in the final stages of development by the time issues began with Battlefield 4, we decided to fulfill our promise to deliver it this week, but we’re not moving onto future projects or expansions until we sort out all the issues with Battlefield 4.

“We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel their pain. We will not stop until this is right.”

It was suggested by the spokesperson that players keep an eye on the Battlefield 4 Control Room regarding updates on the game.

An update for the game was released yesterday for PC as planned, but the PS4 update was delayed.

China Rising was released yesterday for Premium Members, with a general release set for December 17. It also faced some issues, which DICE said it was working on. It is unknown at press time if proposed the hiatus will affect the general release of China Rising.

Second Assault is currently a timed exclusive for Xbox One, and DICE should have plenty of time to get things in working order before Naval Strike, Dragon’s Teeth and Final Stand arrive in 2014.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/04/battlefield-4-expansions-on-hold-until-game-issues-are-resolved/

• Upvote 1

These kind of mistakes should not be happening. Especially with BF4. BF3 can be seen as a practice run for all intents and purposes. You really would have thought that they would have learnt some serious lessons from BF3. But apparently not.

That being said, I'm glad to see they are halting future DLCs until they sort out core issues within the base game.

Edited by Singh400

Always laugh at people that thought it would be any other way.  The next BF will be the exact same way, to expect different is fooling yourself.   I enjoy the game immensely, just wish I had more time to play it.   

• Upvote 2

EA/DICE have already basically said that premium is the reason they don't have a yearly release (like COD).  You can't sell a product if a new one is just around the corner.   I guess it's better them ceasing it now then having release after release of DLC with the same issues as the china rising expansion.  Either way the gamers will whine.. that's what gamers do.

I've never brought into the whole premium thing to be honest, always found it makes things harder for admins, forces clans to split themselves between those who have it and those who don't and with what reward?  A few crap maps/modes/guns that people are only interested in for a week before they revert back to the vanilla maps anyway...

I've got BF4 and played more SP then MP so far, mainly as I like the quiet life at the moment, however what I have played of MP I have enjoyed :D

When MP works(ie. you don't crash,lag etc.) it's very good gameplay experience. But when it does not work, which 30% of the time in my experience, it's very frustrating... Hopefully they iron out the bugs soon, I'm not gonna buy premium in current state of the game.

i still have yet to see the issues that others are seeing, now i dont play all the time but, aside from a crash or 2 a day or the server going down, m y game play isd fine no lag or other shuttering.

every game  there are always a few who bitch and complain, so its nothing new.

• 4 weeks later...