Cheated by PB ?

Don Logan

i have played of sof 2 since day 1 and NEVER cheated. yet today i get a globalban for no reason. how may others are in this same situation , i think PB should look into how they work this out, it could ruin certain gameing communities. I feel cheated by PB , how ironic. Can some one please help me ,i have my guid key but i dont know where to check it :(

thank's for any help

Don Logan

Did you get Global GUID Ban or Global HARDWARE Ban?

Connect to any enabled pb server and after you're kicked , write down the number. Then open a Trouble Ticket and write there this number.

i have played of sof 2 since day 1 and NEVER cheated. yet today i get a globalban for no reason.

Can you image how many times we've heard this?

I feel cheated by PB , how ironic.

You should have read EULA

i have my guid key but i dont know where to check it

You can post it here or pm me. Or try Master Player Index

:blink: this is my GUID=28408be85331757154519b97f53b116d

again thx 4 any replys , im going cold turkey :blink:

i have just check master player index and no record found ?

i also get global punkbuster ban f53b116d

Edited by Don Logan

Thats the price you have to pay because of unhonest players.

btw Global GUID Bans doesn't mean you've cheated. It says that someone used your cdkey to cheat.

gutted far as i know no one has it :(

lmao @ no one has it :P

heres a little info on guid:28408be85331757154519b97f53b116d

Alias(s) (1438) IP Address(s) (1525)

GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN

and thats just off our own database :blink:

as you can see, a lot more than just you have that cd key, hence the global guid ban.

solution: buy your own copy of the game and treat it like your social security number :)

Don Logan do you get kicked for unknown guid on some servers?

if so is

try open the sof2key file with wordpad and re wright the key that you have in side your box

and start the game ;)

:(

lmao @ no one has it :P

heres a little info on guid:28408be85331757154519b97f53b116d

Alias(s) (1438) IP Address(s) (1525)

GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN

and thats just off our own database :blink:

as you can see, a lot more than just you have that cd key, hence the global guid ban.

solution: buy your own copy of the game and treat it like your social security number :)

I DID buy my own copy honestly, so i cant work out how that many people have it , could some one get my key from me when i am playing on line ?

why have i just been banned if that many people have it , i was playing this morning no probs.

surley they didnt all get it today ?

this global ban thing has been running for months why do i get banned now when i play every night ... sumthing dosent add up.

my copy was bought from the shop when the game came out, all other honest people should look out i cant be the only one who this has happened to

:(

I DID buy my own copy honestly, so i cant work out how that many people have it , could some one get my key from me when i am playing on line ?

why have i just been banned if that many people have it , i was playing this morning no probs.

surley they didnt all get it today ?

this global ban thing has been running for months why do i get banned now when i play every night ... sumthing dosent add up.

my copy was bought from the shop when the game came out, all other honest people should look out i cant be the only one who this has happened to

if you think there has been a mistake raise a trouble ticket with evenbalance and explain your case here click me

this type of ban is imposed and dealt with exclusively by evenbalance and can only be looked at and any action taken, by EvenBalance

if you think there has been a mistake raise a trouble ticket with evenbalance and explain your case here click me

this type of ban is imposed and dealt with exclusively by evenbalance and can only be looked at and any action taken, by EvenBalance

thx to every one who replied, i managed to find my cd key re typed it and so far it seems to have sorted it thx again for your replies, :)

but ill be back if i get any more grief ;)

look for me in bk,uwc or uka (good servers) and i'll give ya whack :P

thx to every one who replied, i managed to find my cd key re typed it and so far it seems to have sorted it thx again for your replies, :)

but ill be back if i get any more grief ;)

look for me in bk,uwc or uka (good servers) and i'll give ya whack :P

me again, no probs with being banned now , but after 20 - 30 secs the game freezes.

when joing i pull the console down and the last thing on there is :

PB server assigned guid 215405160e042909ecc5d47b6d693795

recieving from PB server (v1.80|a1363 c1.217)

i have tried using the pb update tool it did update my version but still freezing up.

when i join a game without pb on np's.

any ideas any one ?

n1 ok m8 b there in 2 mins

did u get that m8 ? only there 4 20 secs or so

did u get that m8 ? only there 4 20 secs or so

gonna go there again just 2 make sure :)

n1 ok m8 b there in 2 mins

Well, I checked everything,,,you came up clean with valid guid,,,the only thing i seen while in spec mode was you joined , it ran a check on you then you timed out, therefor your ping hit 999 and it was set on auto kick from pb for high ping,,,besides that, nothing showed up ...sry couldnt be more helpful...no idea why you timed out.

03.24.2006 16:30:38] Malfunctioning PB Client (slot 1) - Ignoring Cvar Queries

[03.24.2006 16:30:49] Lost Connection (slot #1) 84.9.94.1:20100 215405160e042909ecc5d47b6d693795(VALID) Don Logan

Edited by Tim

Well, I checked everything,,,you came up clean with valid guid,,,the only thing i seen while in spec mode was you joined , it ran a check on you then you timed out, therefor your ping hit 999 and it was set on auto kick from pb for high ping,,,besides that, nothing showed up ...sry couldnt be more helpful...no idea why you timed out.

thx for helping m8 , doing my head in :( will keep trying and looking thx again

if ya get any ideas i'll be checking 4 a while

me again, no probs with being banned now , but after 20 - 30 secs the game freezes.

when joing i pull the console down and the last thing on there is :

PB server assigned guid 215405160e042909ecc5d47b6d693795

recieving from PB server (v1.80|a1363 c1.217)

i have tried using the pb update tool it did update my version but still freezing up.

when i join a game without pb on np's.

any ideas any one ?

Something aint right there

The Client versions are v1.232 A1363 you got the A1363 right but your 1.2.17 is out of date.Also if servers are updated to v1.183 and you arent running the same it will kick you.Same if its running a older version of you also.

Edited by maester