BF4 Streaming Support now Available

MaydaX

Seems the new server update has fixed streaming.

R2 is out?

yup build 86637

Hello.

It doesn't seem to work here.

My Startup.txt already has 'punkBuster.activate true'  Instead of  'vars.punkBuster 1'

Running with build 86637 on my game-servers.

The moment I restart my game-server and key in 'pb_sv_ver' into my Procon's PunkBuster console, I get this:

PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server for BF4 (v1.869 | A1388 C2.327) Enabled

Then followed by 1 or 2 lines of:

PunkBuster Server: Player List: [slot #] [GUID] [Address] [status] [Power] [Auth Rate] [Recent SS] [O/S] [Name]

Then, after a total of 1-4 minutes of uptime:

PunkBuster Server: Preparing to Disable PB Server... (%I_HID_THE_INSTALLATION_PATH_HERE%\Instance\pb\)

Regards,

//Subscribed to thread.

Edited by QuantumSystems

LOL NFO isn't giving me FTP access to the pbsv.cfg file, wtf?

Honestly I was happy to spend my money with these guys until today, first they raised the slot price on release day, now they are telling me we don't have access to the configuration file via FTP???

I just spoke with our CEO.

That file is inaccessible by design (EA/DICE has this rule).

Either way, nothing with PB is functioning right now, so changes would prove futile. EA/DICE is working on it as we speak though.

It's in the server documentation FFS....

Edited by Ice Man

Honestly I was happy to spend my money with these guys until today, first they raised the slot price on release day, now they are telling me we don't have access to the configuration file via FTP???

You should be able to get access to ALL PB related files. Make sure you show them in the server docs. I would.

I copied and pasted it back to them, I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall, because you know I haven't used punkbuster ever in my life, nor have I been with other server providers who have given me this access.

Edited by Ice Man

Got it working. Went into procon ran pb_sv_enable and then ran hub setup worked fine.

Strange, doing punkBuster.activate didn't have the same lasting effect, as in it would only temporary enable PB.  wouldn't be able update PB.

However doing the below with the short 1-4 minutes of PB being on:

pb_sv_enable

then pb_sv_update seems to have worked, the server stuck with PB on and updated successfully to 1.880

Of worthy mention:

pb_sv_enable 
PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server for BF4 (v1.869 | A1388 C2.327) Enabled
pb_sv_update 
PunkBuster Server: Master Query Sent to (MASTER2.EVENBALANCE.COM) 50.62.76.68
PunkBuster Server: Player List: [Slot #] [GUID] [Address] [Status] [Power] [Auth Rate] [Recent SS] [O/S] [Name]
PunkBuster Server: End of Player List (0 Players)
PunkBuster Server: Received Master Security Information
PunkBuster Server: Download Request for htm\vs001880.htm Sent to (BF42.EVENBALANCE.COM) 
PunkBuster Server: Kicking for new violations has been temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers - use the pb_sv_enablekicks command to manually re-enable kicks.
pb_sv_plist
Edited by Crotan
  • Upvote 1

Got it working. Went into procon ran pb_sv_enable and then ran hub setup worked fine.

Thank you.

That indeed works!

Just went and placed my game-servers in the approval queue.

Edit:

Following Crotan's post, I've also performed a manual 'pv_sv_update' and it picked up the v1.880 update.

Regards,

Edited by QuantumSystems

Thank you to whoever approved my game-servers so quickly.

---------------

EDIT: Please disregard everything below. Looks good now.

---------------

Check this out:

PunkBuster Server: PB UCON Session #1 Opened [69.65.22.152:42054] type=1 name="pbbhub2-1" key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
PunkBuster Server: PB UCON Session #1 Header Mismatch "pbbhub2-1"@69.65.22.152:42054
PunkBuster Server: PB UCON "pbbhub2-1"@69.65.22.152:42054 [pb_sv_ver]
PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server for BF4 (v1.880 | A1388 C2.327) Enabled
pb_sv_plist
PunkBuster Server: Player List: [Slot #] [GUID] [Address] [Status] [Power] [Auth Rate] [Recent SS] [O/S] [Name]
pb_sv_plist
pb_sv_plist
PunkBuster Server: Preparing to Disable PB Server... (%HID_THE_PATH%\Instance\pb\)
pb_sv_plist

This appeared on all game-servers the moment they've picked up the streaming hub.

Regards,

Edited by QuantumSystems

and now just had one of our guys join the server so we could have the updated client files too.

PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server for BF4 (v1.880 | A1390 C2.327) Enabled
PunkBuster Server: New Connection (slot #1) 142.11.87.242:3659 [?] "FLOT-Pokepoo" (seq 5309799)
PunkBuster Server: Player GUID Computed cfac1e3293a05c72ce574cf7e9c03a28(-) (slot #1) 142.11.87.242:3659 FLOT-Pokepoo

For anyone that missed it.  On a server restart where PB starts up, or using the initial punkBuster.activate command from the console tab.  You can get your server running and updated following the below steps.

pb_sv_enable

pb_sv_update 
PunkBuster Server: Master Query Sent to (MASTER1.EVENBALANCE.COM) 192.155.198.210
PunkBuster Server: Download Request for htm\vs001880.htm Sent to (BF42.EVENBALANCE.COM) 
PunkBuster Server: Kicking for new violations has been temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers - use the pb_sv_enablekicks command to manually re-enable kicks.

pb_sv_update

pb_sv_update 
PunkBuster Server: Master Query Sent to (MASTER2.EVENBALANCE.COM) 50.62.76.68
PunkBuster Server: Download Request for htm\vs001880.htm Sent to (BF42.EVENBALANCE.COM) 72.51.47.18
PunkBuster Server: Received Download File: htm\vs001880.htm
PunkBuster Server: Installing New Server Version
PunkBuster Server: Preparing to Restart PB Server...  

server will restart with updated PB v1.880

To update the client PB versions, have someone join the server, and then the client versions will update too

• Upvote 1

Use the file manager. You only get FTP access to the svlogs & svss folder.

Confirmed, our servers are now streaming, thank you. I ran pb_sv_enable then pv_sv_update, servers updated to v1.880 and in the BF4 server list it says PB and Fair Fight are now on.

Finally it's working.

If I leave my server set to "Official"

Can ppbans kick players for prior violations, or keep them from joining the game?

Or do I have to change it to Ranked?

If it is something we need to test I volunteer my server.

Finally it's working.

If I leave my server set to "Official"

Can ppbans kick players for prior violations, or keep them from joining the game?

Or do I have to change it to Ranked?

If it is something we need to test I volunteer my server.

As far as I can tell, PB can run but it will not kick for violations.   I will continually spit out that violation kicks are disabled as per the master server, which is good because most users will throw a COMFAIL #133, and won't be kicked.  Think someone still needs to throw a switch.

not sure. My tests on official mode found pb commands are the same as ranked. Who knows if that will change.

Hmmm, are you finding that violation kicking is off?  When I enable it, it'll turn off again.

I still see that PB kicking is off...

PunkBuster Server: Violation Kicking is temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers

So I hope you guys are looking at the streamed logs, because as far as I can tell even if someone is detected day one, we won't know it until Evenbalance flips a switch.

Edited by Crotan

That's common for new games with PB on release day. If they generate a bannable violation the hub will kick and ban them. That just means PB itself won't kick them.

• Upvote 2

Our I3dnet servers are refusing to stream, nothing but Header Mismatches, and interestingly if I try to update this.

PunkBuster Server: No Master Query Sent - DNS has not yet resolved for MASTER2.EVENBALANCE.COM

Does this mean they need to update the server, PB, or both perhaps?