PBSS Scanner

Singh400

Would it be possible to add and option "right click" on the the GameTracker Tab to add selected servers to the custom server tab and then save the custom list of servers?

By save do you mean export them to a CSV file? What are you trying to achieve by doing that? What's the goal - there might be a better way to do it.

What is the value set at in Options? I just tried it and it works fine here.

It is now at 4 but behaves the same  no matter if I set 3 or 2.

post-191541-0-19260900-1405612282_thumb.png

Edited by H4mm3r

It is now at 4 but behaves the same  no matter if I set 3 or 2.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Does it only happen on Mass Scan?

After reinstalling Java 8 on my PC the mass scan is using all cores available. Dunno what was the issue with installation before , the tool was running fine otherwise.

Edit:

I've noticed that presence of any corrupt png (like missing file header due to failed download or like in my case power outage during the scan process) in the flagged directory will result in the tool failing to open Flagged images window.

Edited by H4mm3r

It's working so efficiently that I managed to quickly check and submit more than 10 GUIDs in less than 20 minutes ;). Still going tho^^.

Now with mass scan I can use the php script I created for mass DL of pngs from pbscreens to quickly scan up to 50K shots in around 10 minutes of time, which is pretty amazing on itself.

Edited by H4mm3r

It could be, I'm reinstalling JDK 8 right now, will report back. Normal GT scan uses available cores, only with mass scan now one core is used.

After reinstalling Java 8 on my PC the mass scan is using all cores available. Dunno what was the issue with installation before , the tool was running fine otherwise.

That's interesting, I wonder what caused it.

I've noticed that presence of any corrupt png (like missing file header due to failed download or like in my case power outage during the scan process) in the flagged directory will result in the tool failing to open Flagged images window.

Yep, that's because when Manage Cheat Files and Manage Flagged Files load they have to read all the PBSSs in their respective directory to display metadata and what not. You should not be downloading directly to either of those directories. Only files that are scanned by my application should be moved into /flagged/ and then the end user confirms the cheat and it gets moved to /cheat.

There are built in checks during the scanning process to ensure it is a complete and non-corrupt PBSS that is being scanned. I've never had a corrupt PBSS in either directory. If these are PBScreens PBSSs, download them to a different directory and then use Mass Scan. 

It's working so efficiently that I managed to quickly check and submit more than 10 GUIDs in less than 20 minutes ;)

Not bad at all.

Now with mass scan I can use the PHP script I created for mass DL of pngs from PBScreens to quickly scan up to 50K shots in around 10 minutes of time, which is pretty amazing on itself.

How long does it take you to download 50K - multiple threads? And do you point your PHP script at certain server page?

I worded it poorly, mass scan takes around 10mins. Download process itself(50K pngs) would take ~76minutes.

I point the script to server page like you linked and I use simple_html_dom() to get the links(around 20 pages with 100 images per page per server). Then after the links are displayed (echoed) I use firefox extension "downthemall" that scans pages for certain file extensions(I used filter for png) and downloads the images to desired destination folder. It's not that elegant but takes up very small amount of user's time. I basically need to run the script and when it finishes I click one button in the plugin and mass download of all png images starts.

When DL process is finished I call on mass scan feature of your tool and it does the job very efficiently.

Edited by H4mm3r

Download process itself (50K pngs) would take ~76 minutes. I point the script to server page like you linked and I use simple_html_dom() to get the links (around 20 pages with 100 images per page per server). Then after the links are displayed (echoed) I use firefox extension "downthemall" that scans pages for certain file extensions (I used filter for png) and downloads the images to desired destination folder. It's not that elegant but takes up very small amount of user's time. I basically need to run the script and when it finishes I click one button in the plugin and mass download of all png images starts.

When DL process is finished I call on mass scan feature of your tool and it does the job very efficiently.

Where are you getting the figure 50K PNGs from? As 20 pages x 100 images per page = 2000 PNGs?

I can probably implement something in my app to help you speed along the process.

I use multiple callings of the function (multiple php files since execution time would be pretty big and single php script would eventually just time out). For some(few) servers I iterate 40 times(4K pngs) so it's not 2K uniformly for every server. In total I think i have 17 servers that I collect from. I can send you the php code I use if you want? You can maybe implement something similar in the app, it's very easy if you can grab/download the .png links the script echoes out.

Edited by H4mm3r

I use multiple callings of the function (multiple php files since execution time would be pretty big and single php script would eventually just time out). For some(few) servers I iterate 40 times(4K pngs) so it's not 2K uniformly for every server. In total I think i have 17 servers that I collect from. I can send you the php code I use if you want? You can maybe implement something similar in the app, it's very easy if you can grab/download the .png links the script echoes out.

I have a bunch of code already written for PBScreens I'm benching and testing it now.

Edit*

Scraping...
Scraping Took: 3 secs
Links: 10000
Downloading...
Downloaded 10000 PBSSs in 170 secs
;) Edited by Singh400
  • Upvote 1

Good to hear that :). Not all pbscreens servers  are active tho, so it would be good that if you get around implementing a list for pbscreens that user could manage that list and cut out the inactive servers. Also number of pbss to download per server should be also made an option because if you go "too far" in the past you might end up in the "flagged by pbscreens" zone where bunch of already caught cheater pbss lies awaiting :D. It would be so boring to go thru all those pngs for already banned cheaters :S.

Good to hear that :). Not all pbscreens servers  are active tho, so it would be good that if you get around implementing a list for pbscreens that user could manage that list and cut out the inactive servers. Also number of pbss to download per server should be also made an option because if you go "too far" in the past you might end up in the "flagged by pbscreens" zone where bunch of already caught cheater pbss lies awaiting :D. It would be so boring to go thru all those pngs for already banned cheaters :S.

I'm not going to automate it like I have done with GT. PBScreens isn't set-up for easy automation. You'll have to input the URL and the number of pages (limited from 1-100). It will download the images to download/pbscreens and then use Mass Scan to scan those images.

I know PBScreens misses some PBSSs but it doesn't miss that many. I just scanned the last 10k from EBassie's server and it had missed none.

Edited by Singh400

Yeah, it misses only the spot cheat( health bars from the game) and that red cheat that varies a lot in color (mostly Russians use). All others it flags without missing any dirty png.

Nice on the implementation logic. Entering manually the server pbss page is actually best way to do it. Will this feature make it in next version of the app? Good job once more!

Nice on the implementation logic. Entering manually the server PBSS page is actually best way to do it. Will this feature make it in next version of the app? Good job once more!

Eh, probably. I might differ the implementation. It depends if I can take advantage of the underlying infrastructure already.

PBSS Scanner v0.6.

Thanks for the latest changes works a treat.

I like how the scanning threads can tell what your computer is if you try and take it to 4 from 3.

The scan multiple chosen servers is nice, I can set it going and go do something else.

Just a thought:

With the program are you able to add a right click to check streaming status.

Are you able to add a right click and add server to custom list so you can add servers you know stream and might scan as well as your own.

With the program are you able to add a right click to check streaming status.

Not at this moment in time. And I probably won't do that because I don't want to unnecessarily query PBBans/GGC. You can check for streaming status on the Cheat Files window, the idea is you only check for streaming status when you want to submit a PBSS.

Are you able to add a right click and add server to custom list so you can add servers you know stream and might scan as well as your own.

No, GT servers are handled in a different manner to custom servers.

All good thought I'd ask, I see the reasoning behind it.

I scanned all 46 BF4 servers tonight, quite fast for so many servers, ended up with 1,306 PBSS to look through in the flagged folder.  :yikes:

I think I had stopped blinking by the end :P

v0.6

Question:
Is it possible to make the PBSS go to a folder within the program folder itself instead of Move to Desktop? ended up with PBSS spread around on the desktop I wanted to relook at, no real biggy as I wouldn't expect to scan like a crazy person all the time.

All good thought I'd ask, I see the reasoning behind it.

Of course.

I scanned all 46 BF4 servers tonight, quite fast for so many servers, ended up with 1,306 PBSS to look through in the flagged folder :yikes:

:D How long did it take you out of interest?

Is it possible to make the PBSS go to a folder within the program folder itself instead of Move to Desktop? ended up with PBSS spread around on the desktop I wanted to relook at, no real biggy as I wouldn't expect to scan like a crazy person all the time.

Yes, after a PBSS is scanned and flagged they are moved to the /flagged/ dir. Then use Manage > Flagged Files and while scrolling through the flagged files press enter on the file you are interested and it will be moved to the /cheat/ dir for further investigation.

You can rescan as many times as you want, the application will only download new PBSSs ;)

It took 35 minutes at 3 threads can't go any higher for my computer.

Computer doing the scanning QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400, 2666 MHz (8 x 333) windows 7 Ultimate-64 bit.

Just did another scan it only flagged 455 this time, so for a first time scan of 46 BF4 servers I guess you could add 5 or more minutes to the 35 minutes considering the first time it flagged 1306 and I forgot to time that scan. :(

Yes I think I read that in an earlier post or somewhere now I think about it, by hitting enter on highlighted PBSS it sticks it in the cheat folder for further looking into which is much better for me than the desktop.

The program has come a long way in such a short time, very nice.

edit: damn I gotta stop multitasking everything when tired as hell,  :doh: blind as a bat me just noticed on the Managed Flagged Files window Tip: Press ENTER to mark selected file as confirmed cheat and move it to the cheat directory

SeMz4.gif

Edited by -Slayer-

Computer doing the scanning QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400, 2666 MHz (8 x 333) windows 7 Ultimate-64 bit.

If you have a separate PC doing the downloading and scanning feel free to bump up the scan threads to maximum. The only time I recommend keeping it at below maximum if you are using the PC at the same time.

Just did another scan it only flagged 455 this time, so for a first time scan of 46 BF4 servers I guess you could add 5 or more minutes to the 35 minutes considering the first time it flagged 1306 and I forgot to time that scan.

You don't have to time it every time. I'm just ensuring that no one is seeing overly slow application performance.

Yes I think I read that in an earlier post or somewhere now I think about it, by hitting enter on highlighted PBSS it sticks it in the cheat folder for further looking into which is much better for me than the desktop.

That is one of my to-do items. To create a FAQ/Help guide for the application.

The program has come a long way in such a short time, very nice.

To be honest, the bulk of the code I wrote way back during the period between Christmas 2013 and Jan 2014. I've been using it without a user interface until now. It's only rapidly developing now, because I just need to add on a UI and make sure it works.

edit: damn I gotta stop multitasking everything when tired as hell,  :doh: blind as a bat me just noticed on the Managed Flagged Files window Tip: Press ENTER to mark selected file as confirmed cheat and move it to the cheat directory

SeMz4.gif

:D I'll make it flash red in the next update xD

The quad core is a dedicated admin/download computer that runs all the programs related to BC2/BF3/BF4 + for downloading.

I've bumped it up to 4 and haven't seen any noticeable impact on the CPU that would effect me, all 4 cores are only ticking over at 3% to 8% then for around 8 seconds or so it hits 100% as it does the scan of the PBSS it just downloaded but that doesn't stop me from doing anything.

If I wasn't watching the CPU gadget on the sidebar I wouldn't even know it hits those percentages.

Here's one I was able to Ctrl+C before it vanished from the window, I've noticed doing a full scan all 46 servers selected it deletes the last server log just done.

17:30:40 Downloading 2000~ Files (40 threads)
17:34:14 Downloads Finished In: 213 secs
17:34:14 Reading Dir...
17:34:14 Finished Reading Dir...(5500 PBSSs)
17:34:14 Cheat List: BF3/BF4
17:34:14 Scanning: 2000 file(s) (4 threads)
17:34:32 Scanning Finished In: 18 secs
17:34:32 Cleaning Directory

I see it doesn't create a scan log .txt file, could be handy but not real important, with all the work been done so far it's really great as is.

The quad core is a dedicated admin/download computer that runs all the programs related to BC2/BF3/BF4 + for downloading.

I've bumped it up to 4 and haven't seen any noticeable impact on the CPU that would effect me, all 4 cores are only ticking over at 3% to 8% then for around 8 seconds or so it hits 100% as it does the scan of the PBSS it just downloaded but that doesn't stop me from doing anything.

If I wasn't watching the CPU gadget on the sidebar I wouldn't even know it hits those percentages.

Yeah that's about the same as I get.

Here's one I was able to Ctrl+C before it vanished from the window, I've noticed doing a full scan all 46 servers selected it deletes the last server log just done. 

17:30:40 Downloading 2000~ Files (40 threads)

17:34:14 Downloads Finished In: 213 secs

17:34:14 Reading Dir...

17:34:14 Finished Reading Dir...(5500 PBSSs)

17:34:14 Cheat List: BF3/BF4

17:34:14 Scanning: 2000 file(s) (4 threads)

17:34:32 Scanning Finished In: 18 secs

17:34:32 Cleaning Directory

I see it doesn't create a scan log .txt file, could be handy but not real important, with all the work been done so far it's really great as is.

I try to avoid creating any external files unnecessarily. But I can definitely make it so there download and scan log is persistent per use.

Does the UI feel squashed to anyone? I might spread it out a little more.