Violation #81576 Gamehack - any server admins tell me what this is please?

jmp909

Taz, can you remove all remaining servers from the tocgaming streaming list. I have decided not to use PBBans streaming functionality and never ever to support pbbans again.  Since you had removed my admin privileges, I can't do it my self.

Thanks

Taz, can you remove all remaining servers from the tocgaming streaming list. I have decided not to use PBBans streaming functionality and never ever to support pbbans again.  Since you had removed my admin privileges, I can't do it my self.

Thanks

Why opt out, PBBans had to follow their own protocols/rules when a detection was raised, same would happen for anyone here.

Just look back on it as well that sucked but all good now back to catching cheaters!

Thanks

added you back to ToC TeamAccount. apologies for the oversight.

we try to apply the rules even-handedly. when Even Balance says a GUID is Globally Banned, we act accordingly

Mandizzy I was one of the banned people. It's nothing to i with PBBans as such . Punkbuster messed up the detections and issued a false positive. Eerywhere else (PBB, GGC, ACI) upheld that ban and then fixed it as soon as EvenBalance fixed the issue

My account is back to normal now

Maybe you're dropping out for some other reason?

Why opt out, PBBans had to follow their own protocols/rules when a detection was raised, same would happen for anyone here.

Just look back on it as well that sucked but all good now back to catching cheaters!

added you back to ToC TeamAccount. apologies for the oversight.

we try to apply the rules even-handedly. when Even Balance says a GUID is Globally Banned, we act accordingly

No need to apologize, you guys did follow well established protocols - I have no issue with that.

The only thing I have decided to take a stand against is your "Cross game bans" feature.  I am also guilty of using this feature when I was streaming but now I have seen the light.  Initially it might sound like a good idea but those of us who are caught in numerous false positive ban waves (and there have been literally thousands of players in more than 12 false positive ban waves just in BF3 alone), what right do you have to prevent them from playing another game.  I was prevented by EB from playing BF3 on any PB enabled server because of global guid ban.  To top it off, I couldn't even play BF4 on my own server because of this cross game bans and yes, I was using this feature.

I know lots of people think once a cheater always a cheater but I don't subscribe to that thought anymore.. not after what I have been through.  Before you say it's just a game... the effects/impacts of false positive ban and associated anguish and frustration and total lack of support from EA and EB is very much real... even if temporary.  I don't care to support EB games anymore and will never buy another PB enabled game because of their draconian practices and total lack of accountability - but that's another story.

Nothing like experience to teach you a lesson... I guess.  Anyway, now I have realized how bad this cross game ban feature really is and I hope PBBans also realizes how asinine this feature is and abolish it.  I'd be happy to start using/supporting PBBans again whenever that happens.

Regards

i think you make a good point. i was banned from some games in BF4 because of what turned out to be a false positive in BF3. Having paid for BF4 this isn't exactly fair! (my BF3 was Origin-gifted)

I still subscribe to the idea that if people are buying games (ie it's not Free-to-Play) then you should let people play if they remove whatever's causing the violations. This allows people caught in false violations the option to update drivers etc that might be causing the false trigger. And presumably hackers would have to remove their hacks

I don't know if it's a viable solution or not.

No need to apologize, you guys did follow well established protocols - I have no issue with that.

The only thing I have decided to take a stand against is your "Cross game bans" feature.  I am also guilty of using this feature when I was streaming but now I have seen the light.  Initially it might sound like a good idea but those of us who are caught in numerous false positive ban waves (and there have been literally thousands of players in more than 12 false positive ban waves just in BF3 alone), what right do you have to prevent them from playing another game.  I was prevented by EB from playing BF3 on any PB enabled server because of global guid ban.  To top it off, I couldn't even play BF4 on my own server because of this cross game bans and yes, I was using this feature.

I know lots of people think once a cheater always a cheater but I don't subscribe to that thought anymore.. not after what I have been through.  Before you say it's just a game... the effects/impacts of false positive ban and associated anguish and frustration and total lack of support from EA and EB is very much real... even if temporary.  I don't care to support EB games anymore and will never buy another PB enabled game because of their draconian practices and total lack of accountability - but that's another story.

Nothing like experience to teach you a lesson... I guess.  Anyway, now I have realized how bad this cross game ban feature really is and I hope PBBans also realizes how asinine this feature is and abolish it.  I'd be happy to start using/supporting PBBans again whenever that happens.

Regards

I can see from your point of view what you're saying about the cross game feature, though cross game bans is an option in your servers flag settings, it is turned off by default and even though their are a lot that use it their is probably a lot that don't use it, so it solely comes down to the individuals choice on how they use it, me personally I love the feature.

Now the reason I use it across all the servers here are my thoughts on it, these games use the same CD Key Medal of Honor Warfighter/Battlefield 3/Battlefield 4 same GUID/CD Key so if a player wants to cheat in anyone of them then I'm going to burn that CD key across all games that use it as that GUID has been compromised in that game I'm not going to let it be used freely in another game in the same genre and it's an extra incentive to not cheat it raises the stakes a bit more that hell if I'm caught I will be stopped in my other game/s as well.

I feel for the ones who get caught up in the false positives, I actually know of one older female (mother) player that was caught and is still banned.

Now if we want to get down to the nitty gritty WHY are the cheat sites NOT telling their clients that if you are caught you will need a whole new CD Key and account and maybe a new name, they have cheat forums why are they not talking amongst themselves about it in the cheat forums they'd know what's going on, so I blame the cheaters themselves for being to stupid to talk to each other and solve the problem, not that I want them too.

As what slayer said, the cross game ban enforcement flag is "OPTIONAL" to streaming admins. Some have it enabled and some do not. It is up to the SGA and SLA to set this or not. For someone who thinks this feature should not be used at all is mistaken. I understand your frustrations, but do not take it out on us. EB staff were the ones who made this mess happen. We have our own set of protocols to follow and we did follow them to the letter. However, the decision to stream is yours to make, but to base it off of an optional feature that we provide, is plain silly.

• Upvote 2

However, the decision to stream is yours to make, but to base it off of an optional feature that we provide, is plain silly.

This kind of attitude is also part of the problem and why I'm fed up with EB/PB and now PBBans.  Let me know if you think it's still silly after you have been falsely banned and prevented from playing a game you love for a month or two.  There are plenty of internet arm chair critics out there and battlelog forums are full of them and none of them or you have walked a step in the shoes of falsely banned players.

This kind of attitude is also part of the problem and why I'm fed up with EB/PB and now PBBans.  Let me know if you think it's still silly after you have been falsely banned and prevented from playing a game you love for a month or two.  There are plenty of internet arm chair critics out there and battlelog forums are full of them and none of them or you have walked a step in the shoes of falsely banned players.

you honestly think none of us have been banned in error?

enough drama

Just for the record, I have been falsely banned in COD2 and MoH:W. They were both found to be in error and my bans were lifted. I was not in a fury about it. I stated the facts about how the bans were triggered and EB confirmed them. Simple as that.

But, like Mags said, enough with the drama. You seem to be :deadhorse:

• Upvote 2