Help needed

No_Nickname

I'm trying to appeal a ban that I got off a BF4 server and the frustration is kicking in because they are basing it on cheat analyzers and a VAC ban on a game that I have never played on. I know this is pbbans but is there any way to prove that the VAC ban isn't mine?

1. What is your steam id?

2. In short no there is no way to prove the vac ban is not yours. If it's assigned to your steam id....you or someone on your account got the ban.

Considering there is no link between steam and origin so there is no solid way to link them. Plus VAC ban status is based on a steam account and doesn't tell you what game it's for.

Not sure what cheat analyzer is being used but I think it needs some work by the sound of it.

• Upvote 4

When you say the Vac ban isnt yours, do you mean the account they are referring to is not yours, or do you mean someone else got the vac ban on your account?

If the account{with the vac ban} is not yours it would be pretty easy, id have thought ,to give them your steam profile showing you have no ban.

This is my steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/no_nickname/

This is the ban appeal in question: http://www.violentindustries.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?19253.0

They are trying to say that they have a definitive link that I was hacking due to this VAC ban which was I assume was for counterstrike since it was the only game listed in the profile. I also have never played the original counterstrike, only source and Global offensive.

Edited by No_Nickname

You banned me not only on your server but on metabans as well for "hacking" which isn't true. When I counter your supposed proof with facts, you deny them while some of your other admins troll my ban appeal.

If anyone else has an input, please add it otherwise pbbans staff can close it if they think it's going to turn into drama.

Edited by No_Nickname

Not my server, so not my decision.

But I will say:

There is ZERO link to the steam ID, no idea why it's even mentioned.

The stats site used is questionable at best, KD is the only red flag at 247fairplay, which on a rank 11 account from an experienced BFBC2 player may be possible.

unfair ban IMO.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by dugandjo
  • Upvote 1

So from what I can make of this they banned you because of a STEAM name of Rent-A-Skillz with a VAC Ban, then they banned you in BF4 based on that name and a KD/R of 5.93 from BF3.

| steamname: Rent-A-Skillz
|  steam3ID: [u:1:21121224]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:10560612
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981386952
| customURL:
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197981386952

Bit of a stretch to base a Battlefield 3 4 ban on name alone from a STEAM VAC Ban without backing it up with an IP from the STEAM account, then banning it in BF4 for a KD/R of 5.93 KD/R from BF3 alone and nothing else to back it up.

N0_Nickname
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/N0_Nickname/stats/282733166/pc/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/N0_Nickname/stats/282733166/pc/
Rent-A-Skillz
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Rent-A-Skillz/stats/1056693090/pc/

===============================================
BF4
http://metabans.com/player?i=u0sE
Aliases
    61% N0_Nickname
    last seen 113 days ago
    18% APEX-No_Nickname
    last seen 19 days ago
    13% CARBON-Nickname
    last seen 85 days ago
    5% xCRBxNO_NICKNAME
    last seen 104 days ago
    3% HELIX-NoNickname
    last seen 23 hours ago
Bans
    Violent_Industries
    from 1 Jan, 2015 until 19 Dec, 2064
Status Banned
Reason CARBON-Nickname - Hacking/Cheating - Impossible Stats (wirefire2-Vi)
Expiration about 50 years 19 Dec, 2064 11:43
Comments.
Impossible stats were found on a PBBans linked BF3 account "Rent-A-Skillz"
Violent_Industries 95 days ago
BF3
http://metabans.com/player?i=gINB
Aliases
    80% N0_Nickname
    last seen over a year ago
    20% Rent-A-Skillz
    last seen over a year ago

Though to take it to Metabans with the word phrase of Hacking/Cheating over a KD/R of 5.93 means it rolls out to their followers. :(

Though like already stated No_Nickname it's their server and they pay for it and they can ban who they want at the end of the day.

edit: typo BF4 ban not 3

Edited by -Slayer-
  • Upvote 2

We can ban you for any reason we want.  You don't like it, that's just too bad.

locally

if you add them to 3rd party ban-lists without proof. you are wrong.

which is why we only ban by streamed evidence ...

the steam id presented as proof is bogus. no way to connect to OP

• Upvote 3

so its a ban based on a name that was banned nearly 9years ago?

no linked ips or stats etc to the steam account?

and to think I moan at some of my members for bans on flimsy evidence.

• Upvote 3

In my opinion, to ban based on a similar name is wrong. Not to mention as started there is no way to link a steam account to an origin account solely on the name.

Any clan/gild/ or group that follows a ban happy group on metabans is in there own way ill informed.

The best way/only way to weed out the good from the impossible is pbss or a valid pb violation.

• Upvote 3

When I was an Senior admin for [FUB] during my BF2/BF3 days, I made damn sure that I was professional and kept an open mind in the rare case that I was wrong. That meant making sure that I had evidence to back up my bans be it video or pbbans.I learned this from some of the very best admins [FUB] had to offer and I still to this day have a lot of respect for them.

• Upvote 1

We can ban you for any reason we want.  You don't like it, that's just too bad.

Sure you can ban any one you don't like, but with this flimsy 'evidence' you should not have added the ban to Metabans.

It's just wrong and it shows your bad adminship.

• Upvote 7

This topic simply annoys me.

My apologies if I'm the reason

No it's not you No_Nickname, if I'm reading between the words of surfy's post she is possibly saying she is pissed off at the reasoning for the ban in the first place and to take it to a third party ban system like Metabans and mark it as hacking/cheating so it maximises the bans affect is sad, oops that last part was me. :tapping:

• Upvote 4

No it's not you No_Nickname, if I'm reading between the words of surfy's post she is possibly saying she is pissed off at the reasoning for the ban in the first place and to take it to a third party ban system like Metabans and mark it as hacking/cheating so it maximises the bans affect is sad, oops that last part was me. :tapping:

This!

• Upvote 4

I was added to metabans by someone once, which was kind of annoying since I haven't actually played properly for ages! When I did play I didn't join any servers but my own clans and if I'm brutally honest.. I was crap!  :fryingpan:

Ah, gotcha. The sad thing is he posted the same thing at BF4DB but hopefully they'll play it smart.

To the clan that are adding these bans elsewhere, just be glad if it never happens to you.  Wouldn't be so fun on the receiving end. 

• Upvote 4

To the clan that are adding these bans elsewhere, just be glad if it never happens to you. 

Aint that the truth. to be replied with " we can ban who we want, dont like it, deal with it" makes me question the integrity of the banning clan.

• Upvote 2

local bans are one thing, adding bogus bans to 3rd party lists is criminal

Good karma would be metabans and pbbans disabling their account for bad adminship and let them fend for themselves for a while, maybe I'm harsh, but anyway.

Edited by dugandjo
  • Upvote 2

Good karma would be metabans and pbbans disabling their account for bad adminship and let them fend for themselves for a while, maybe I'm harsh, but anyway.

only issue with that is how would you justify it so its fair for everyone. whats not to say thos was to happen again and then later find that the player gets banned for a pb violation.