CU - DizzyKipper

Where are donors? What happened to the 'good intentions'?

I've been watching and noticing the same 10 or 12 people donating each month. Out of 15,948 teams and 184 streaming servers that is really a poor show.

When you need PBBans help, when you need to cross-reference the story and history of a person who wants to join your clan, you will be sorry that you didn't give a little bit of money each month to PBBans to keep it going.

Does no-one care now? I've heard clan leaders say that they know X has a ban, but they are not going to do anything about it, because it's not in a game they play any more. Or it was years ago. Or maybe the members like him/her and they don't want the person to leave, admins don't want to rock the boat. Where is the backbone?

Or maybe it's too much effort to look someone up, check the records, cross-reference the history. That is just laziness. There is so much info in these databases. If you've never been able to see the GUID history because you didn't have access, you've missed so much. It's essential for checking accounts. Now you have the chance to use it if you donate. DO IT!

If we are short each month, PBBans will close. You won't get the chance to check players again in this way. Don't lose it!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just to add to this, 49 users in the last 24 hours. Over 30 of those were either streaming or streaming-lite users. What price to keep your servers clean, folks?

• Upvote 1

just for perspective here at the end of the month

• Month July, 2019
  • Donations $125
  • Goal $200

Wow, I didn't realize so few people were donating. The MPI is invaluable. And so is the service.. We donate every month. As a matter of fact, I wish the auto subscription would last longer before I had to select renew. 

• Upvote 1

10 donations of $20

20 donations of $10

40 donations of $5,

100 donations of $2,

200 donations of $1.

The target amount dropped by around $125 not that long ago making it much more achievable. I think people begin to take it for granted and then forget that targets need to be achieved in order to keep this valuable service open.

2 minutes ago, RedKilla said:

200 donations of $1???? come on people

100 donations of $2! 

Cant make it a minimum of $5??? I mean who cant afford 5 bucks lol

• Like 1

How about this calculation..

10 clan members donating $1 each = $10 x 20 clans = $200

5 clan members donating $2 each = $10 x 20 clans = $200

10 clan members donating $2 each = $20 x 10 clans = $200

4 clan members donating $5 each = $20 × 10 clans = $200

Plenty more formulas that can work.

200 communities donating $1 each = $200

Oh I thought you were saying you had 200 people donating  $1.. My Bad!!!

9 minutes ago, RedKilla said:

Oh I thought you were saying you had 200 people donating  $1.. My Bad!!!

Lol I didn't think you meant that but thought you meant when you write it down and see it in front of you, $1 per person is nothing.

I think there should be a minimum too. It's filled in for 5 dollars, but it will let your continue if you change that to 5 cents. I didn't go to the end of the donation process, but if it really does give you access at something small, then maybe that could be looked at? Not that I've ever seen anything other than whole numbers, mind you!

I've no idea what 5 dollars buys you in America. I would have thought keeping your servers clean was worth that at least.

• Like 1