Fix PunkBuster Evenbalance!

Alt Reality Gaming

Mafioso has a 2.6 aa server witch i should have left out of it when i sent them a trouble ticket a few days ago ..

I pretty much told them:

Im currently getting reports of lag issue's , malformed screen shots , and was noticing a influx of rouge cheaters on our server .

Is there another update coming soon to fix these issues ?

they reply :

Note #2: On version 2.6, not necessarily, as we only support the most recent version of the game. We are looking into this for 2.8.3.1.

We appreciate you writing in.

---------------------------------------

so .. if they dont support 2.6 PB updates , why release a new update to 2.6 servers

but hopefully when they fix this issue it will clear up all ther versions affected

( BTW im # 404 on the petition )

I BEEN SCREAMING IT FOR YEARS. FIX YOUR CRAPPY SOFTWARE. Sux that it always comes down to crap like this to get these morons to actually DO something. And a personal note to EB/PB, "Efff you!"

this is a note im sending to the game developers starting with EA.

also to evenbalance and activision and any other developer that that contracts with evenbalance.

In light of the recent security holes exposed in pb software, this is a letter i sent to Ea games and will send it to every contracting developer. Why should they use pb ? you cant or wont fix your system.

I lease a game server for Bf2 and stream our ban data to PBBANS , BUT hackers have found a way to inject code into the PB data stream to fake bans, in order to crash the pb cheat system. if you read the following post from PBBans , why do you need evenbalance at all, if they are not going to fix this problem that exists in their system , and they do not want to have to fix it? I think it will take pressure form EA games to convince Evenbalance that they should fix this problem , as players will avoid online games that hackers have overrun. Why host a EA game server for bf2 or any other game if cheaters can do what they want? this not only effects us at the hosting level, but all across the board from creator to game purchaser, because this problem with punkbusters flaws that the hackers have exploited will prevent many from buying or playing these games. Many have already canceled their server leases. as for us we are implementing a ban at will policy until further notice.

I am a streaming member to PBBans and they have posted that the system has been compromised and evenbalance will not fix it. then pb is ineffective.

i'm still confused on how V415 knew about it

i was the one who told him when the thread just came out.....FFS man stop freaking pinning everything against him and start thinking that hes a good guy...........

Edited by icemaster

this is a note im sending to the game developers starting with EA.

also to evenbalance and activision and any other developer that that contracts with evenbalance.

In light of the recent security holes exposed in pb software, this is a letter i sent to Ea games and will send it to every contracting developer. Why should they use pb ? you cant or wont fix your system.

I lease a game server for Bf2 and stream our ban data to PBBANS , BUT hackers have found a way to inject code into the PB data stream to fake bans, in order to crash the pb cheat system. if you read the following post from PBBans , why do you need evenbalance at all, if they are not going to fix this problem that exists in their system , and they do not want to have to fix it? I think it will take pressure form EA games to convince Evenbalance that they should fix this problem , as players will avoid online games that hackers have overrun. Why host a EA game server for bf2 or any other game if cheaters can do what they want? this not only effects us at the hosting level, but all across the board from creator to game purchaser, because this problem with punkbusters flaws that the hackers have exploited will prevent many from buying or playing these games. Many have already canceled their server leases. as for us we are implementing a ban at will policy until further notice.

I am a streaming member to PBBans and they have posted that the system has been compromised and evenbalance will not fix it. then pb is ineffective.

Just one thing wrong with that message and this whole thread

punkbuster is not broke the security hole is in the server itself

in fact its in any server that someone can connect to with shell access

i'm still confused on how V415 knew about it

well .... like ice said already - see things in a positive way.

And pls don't take this the wrong way if I say that, but V tried to contact and help you, but since you obviously think that pretty much everything he says or writes is not genuine enough for you to believe .... just wondering how 444 people could be wrong.

In the end it's your decision if you roll with it or not, would be nice though if you kept any quarrel/hatred on a strictly private level and not post stuff which looks pretty much like double meaning to me in a public forum.

I still believe that the concept of helping each other irrespective of the past is the ideal that should prevail.

• Upvote 1