Fix PunkBuster Evenbalance!

Alt Reality Gaming

do i have to post this up every 6 or so replies ;)

just one thing wrong with that message and this whole thread

punkbuster is not broke the security hole is in the server itself

in fact its in any server that someone can connect to with shell access

do i have to post this up every 6 or so replies ;)

What makes you think that it can't be fixed? PB has needed a total rewrite for years. You're assuming they keep the same structure. These people are asking for change. Period.

Is that simpleinnit enough for you?

What makes you think that it can't be fixed? PB has needed a total rewrite for years. You're assuming they keep the same structure. These people are asking for change. Period.

Is that simpleinnit enough for you?

As far as i know there isnt much to be fixed, if a Server Admin makes abuse of his own server then that his problem. The bans they are making dont end up on the PunkBuster MasterServer as they get flaged invalid. Only problem we got here is that most Streaming Communitys use the PunkBuster Violations to ban people from a server. PunkBuster trusts in server admins to be honest, if they are not, then that not there problem. Which i fully understand, it would be a good thing from them if they fix the problem, but i doubt that because they simply dont get paid for securing a game server.

Meaning the only ones that are in a need for changing there backends are the streaming communitys with all due respect. There are solutions enough to stop "spam" trough the MBL's its just a matter of implanting them into the core systems.

Anyways, a fix would be nice, but i doubt it will happen after i read the facts.

Of course this needs to be fixed.

What I don't understand is how a petition like this makes any difference at all. Wouldn't Evenbalance obviously take measures to fix this on their own and without prompting from the community?

Of course this needs to be fixed.

What I don't understand is how a petition like this makes any difference at all. Wouldn't Evenbalance obviously take measures to fix this on their own and without prompting from the community?

No, They wouldn't. And I don't think the outcry of users of there software would prompt a fix. I think it will take when Activision decides to launch COD World at war and on the first day everyone gets banned because of this issue and then Activision screaming cause they spent all this money to use this software and it just destroys there launch and loose there possiable customers. Maybe then, they would fix it. I don't really know, but this has been a known issue within PB and yet they didn't care enough to actually fix it, so that must tell you something.

527 signatures!!!!!keep it up guys comon we can do it!!!!!!

Do we need a certain percentage of signatures for this to be implemented or basically, it's the more the better? so to speak.