Hub Downtime

siskin

Wow wish I knew you needed a couple of hard drives sooner.

I have a pair of brand new 74Gb Cheetah U320's I could have donated.

Will ask my clan for a $$$ donation to PBBans.

+2. Somehow, Benway and blackwolf always get bugged by me in PM from time to time when i am stuck and they help me out! :) Apologize for that if they feel odd but I will keep PM'ing when i need help :D

We don't mind helping at all :)

Massive thanks to everyone who's made a donation to PBBans.

Glad to hear you got the drives.

Any thoughts about creating a cluster? What kind of server is being used now?

Make/Model/Generation?

Hooyah! from a Navy guy.

Edited by BFSadmin

i ave been trying to get my servers back to streaming since last night but no luck they are still showing as not streaming

Read the first post in the thread.

If the hub is down, wouldn't the repository method still work till the hub is fixed?

You should have a backup system in case one system fails.

Edited by SuperTaz

like i said $600 for two HDD, my 3 Sata HDD cost only $250 2x 500 GB n 1x250GB ur been ripped off tbh n i reckon you should order better servers for less from elsewhere because it sounds to me someone got the wool over your eyes. You even admitted to skimping on SCSI HDD's and stayin SATA so i cant see why you paid $600 :( when you can pay like $350 for a perfectly good quad core server with 4GB DDRII RAM and 250GB HDD with a fair amount of bandwidth (Unmetered or 2000GB PCM: Fair Usage Policy Applies.) so whose the numnuts that cant calculate?? I wanna help but i wont do anything till someone stops wasting public (Donation) money.

Edited by =DB=Snake

Above post wasnt ment to be horrid just a wake up call for ya really cos i dont wanna see The best Streaming Services go down the drain cos there literally throwing money away :'( I just wanna save them money and make everyone else happy then ill be happy to donate :D

like i said $600 for two HDD, my 3 Sata HDD cost only $250 2x 500 GB n 1x250GB ur been ripped off tbh n i reckon you should order better servers for less from elsewhere because it sounds to me someone got the wool over your eyes. You even admitted to skimping on SCSI HDD's and stayin SATA so i cant see why you paid $600 :( when you can pay like $350 for a perfectly good quad core server with 4GB DDRII RAM and 250GB HDD with a fair amount of bandwidth (Unmetered or 2000GB PCM: Fair Usage Policy Applies.) so whose the numnuts that cant calculate?? I wanna help but i wont do anything till someone stops wasting public (Donation) money.

Do you think we just bought cheap home PC drives? No we bought a 300GB raptor and a 1TB Enterprise HDD for storage. Plus we had to overnight them. Running a server isn't as cheap as upgrading your home PC.

If everyone feels the same way fine, don't donate and we will eventually run out of cash (Not anytime soon mind you) and go belly up. I don't get paid for my work at PBBans and my life outside of PBBans is not as free as it once was so PBBans is not on the top of my to-do list anymore. I don't have to be here but as long as there is a demand and I have the time I will be here.

Remember PBBans is being run by volenteers they dont gett paid or it and must live on the community's help io donating.

As soon as i have some money on the paypal account i will see if i can gett some money your way:).

Do you think we just bought cheap home PC drives? No we bought a 300GB raptor and a 1TB Enterprise HDD for storage. Plus we had to overnight them. Running a server isn't as cheap as upgrading your home PC.

If everyone feels the same way fine, don't donate and we will eventually run out of cash (Not anytime soon mind you) and go belly up. I don't get paid for my work at PBBans and my life outside of PBBans is not as free as it once was so PBBans is not on the top of my to-do list anymore. I don't have to be here but as long as there is a demand and I have the time I will be here.

I for one have always thought of a donation as a way to say thank you for a service that I find helpful to me or others.

I have never thought of my donations as public money or that my donations gave me any ownership or liability in the giving of it.

I am grateful that there are many gifted and talented people who share their efforts free and accept any donations that I may wish to make.

Your money, spend it the way you want. You have done a good job and invested more than you will ever get back with donations.

I did not see Microsoft give me vista and leave me with the option of donating.

Thanks again for your efforts

Jess Walker North Dakota