specific cvars

Guest ntldr

Guest ntldr

sys_versionignore = "11"

com_ignoreothertasks = "1"

com_ignoreverifynetwork = "1"

Does anyone know the functions of these cvars and what the values adjust ?

just for the record cl_yawspeed is the speed in which u turn left and right witgh the actual keys not the mouse so in sof2 game there are controls for turn left and turn right. just another preference issue but hardly anoyone if anyone uses turn left or turn right

Posted Image

***edited by DentalX, stay on topic***

Thanks but lets keep this topic specifically to the cvars listed:

sys_versionignore = "11"

com_ignoreothertasks = "1"

com_ignoreverifynetwork = "1"

The default settings when installed are:

sys_versionignore = "0"

com_ignoreothertasks = "0"

com_ignoreverifynetwork = "0"

Heres my two cents:

Ok, no they are not cheating, nor will they ever be.

This is what they do IMO.

The settings take a lot of 'distractions' away. They make it so your screen doesn't jumble as much when nades are thrown, your character seems to be level at all times rather than the rolling of his arms which he is constantly doing. also when getting it your screen doesn't jumble as much.

Also, some of these settings (which are popular from theforce posting them all on that website that was recently posted here, who is also amd bill or codeofsilence correct?) . The settings ALSO make it appear that your shots are 'tighter' due to fov. The fov stock is usually increased so that you can see more on your screen (hence you can see more on your left/right and also things look 'farther away') When things look farther away, your shots are look tighter etc.

Do I think this configs help you as a player? Yes - Very - Much - So. I use my own config (with the stock pitch/roll/yaw/speed settings) usually, but when I know i'm going to be playing against someone tough, I switch to the 'tweaked' config.

Because I do much better, I'm not as good as Yang or riskyotter or jammer, but I'm nothing to sneeze at. I also made a demo of these changes and how they reflect gameplay, but I'm too lazy to avi the whole thing and edit the avi to show points of fire and blah blah blah blah blah..it was a good idea when I started it though :P

p.s. this isn't considered cheating

-Mattimeo

Those are seta commands for network configuration auto generated by sof2. I have them in my server.cfg aswell. As for the settings used in your question, i have no idea what setting sys_versionignore to 11 will accomplish, maybe a typo, but, com_ignoreothertasks and com_ignoreverifynetwork set to 1 will enable the function.

allowable ranges for sys_versionignore = "11" is 0 or 1 not 11. I would off hand have to say that anytime I see a non command being used such as the "speed" one we saw a year ago alot or settings that are outside the engines allowable ranges make me just a bit worried. Especially with hacks that allow you to define your own cvars that you want to use.

Overall I guess I just find this new number setting for this cvar odd. Would be interesting to see the people using it define what it does exactly at that setting. Cause the sof2 engine does nothing if it's set to 11 but ignore it.

I can see it now ..... what is this seta s_khz "22"

the frequency for your game sound , its in teh main menu can be set via teh menu at 22 or 44 khz

Sorry Witt ^^^^^ that was my poor attempt at being sarcastic :o ... my bad bro ;)

yeah, you can find alot of cfgs with the values in them but nothing really explaining them. I have taken a look at the source code but am not familiar enough with the C Language to get too far. Wish I had learned it <_<