pban files

FFAbigboy

hello i run a sof2 server,,i have pb many and still finding they are geting around it they come right back in and laugh at ya,,,i was told after i pban someone i had to transfer my pban CFG to sof2mpban CFG is this right or do i have to change my <_< destination pban to sof2pban file????thanks

You should add this setting to your pbsv.cfg and it will automatically update any bans you make on your server by adding them to the servers pbbans.dat file.

pb_sv_AutoUpdBan 1

// [0=no, 1=yes] Set to 1 (defaults to 0) if you want PB to automatically update the permanent ban file (pbbans.dat) after each change to the banlist in memory.

You should add this setting to your pbsv.cfg and it will automatically update any bans you make on your server by adding them to the servers pbbans.dat file.

pb_sv_AutoUpdBan 1

// [0=no, 1=yes] Set to 1 (defaults to 0) if you want PB to automatically update the permanent ban file (pbbans.dat) after each change to the banlist in memory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you for the fast responce,,,i dont see pbsv.cfg the only pb files i see are pbans.ban and sof2mp.ban..in my rocmod folder

the pbsv.cfg should be inside your pb folder. The pbbans.dat for it to work and auto update should also be placed inside your pb folder where it will automatically be loaded by the pb software. The sof2mpbans file (sorry for the incorrect name) should be in your rocmod folder or the mod folder that you are currently using. If you find that you have no pbsv.cfg inside your pb folder you can (thru rcon) issue a pb_sv_writecfg command and it will create one for you inside your servers pb folder.

Hope some of this helps.

the pbsv.cfg should be inside your pb folder.  The pbbans.dat for it to work and auto update should also be placed inside your pb folder where it will automatically be loaded by the pb software.  The sof2mpbans file (sorry for the incorrect name) should be in your rocmod folder or the mod folder that you are currently using.  If you find that you have no pbsv.cfg inside your pb folder you can (thru rcon) issue a pb_sv_writecfg command and it will create one for you inside your servers pb folder.

Hope some of this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you very much i found it.....now can i use the same command to ban,,,i use /adm pban #5 bla bla????

the pbsv.cfg should be inside your pb folder.  The pbbans.dat for it to work and auto update should also be placed inside your pb folder where it will automatically be loaded by the pb software.  The sof2mpbans file (sorry for the incorrect name) should be in your rocmod folder or the mod folder that you are currently using.  If you find that you have no pbsv.cfg inside your pb folder you can (thru rcon) issue a pb_sv_writecfg command and it will create one for you inside your servers pb folder.

Hope some of this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you i have it working,,one more question,,how do i say get in a players screen to see what they see to to take a shot and accually catch them cheating,,,,,,??

You are referring to the PunkBuster screenshots which when enabled will be stored in game servers pb/svss folder.