Are key macros considered speed hacks?

arrawn

I recently bought a nostromo and while setting it up wondered if making multiple key macros are considered cheating and is the n52ste key editor on the list of illegal software that could get you banned?.

I verily despise cheats and would not like to think i was doing it myself even if it is just enhanced keying, could someone here at pbbans forum please take the time to explain where the line is drawn, what software is or isnt allowed.

Thanks for trying to do the impossible and keep the gaming world honest. :)

I use nostromo before and my family last year bought me the G13 keypad and I use the g13 now for over a year and never had an issue.

Just a tip though if you are setting up a macro to do something other than normal keys like bring up talk or rcon or anything other than a simple one key then put a delay after the very first command. Like to talk type the T key then a delay then what you want to say

I use it to say things like "Nice shot" Thank You" Welcome to our server Please visit our forums etc.

Edited by Beach bum

I use nostromo before and my family last year bought me the G13 keypad and I use the g13 now for over a year and never had an issue.

Just a tip though if you are setting up a macro to do something other than normal keys like bring up talk or rcon or anything other than a simple one key then put a delay after the very first command. Like to talk type the T key then a delay then what you want to say

I use it to say things like "Nice shot" Thank You" Welcome to our server Please visit our forums etc.

Never thought of using it like that, great idea. thanks for the reply.