Quick Shotty?

MUFF Muncher

Well I'm definately not an expert on this sorta shit but I have seen a some ppl mostly XD players I know that use this sorta thing not sure if it's what your talking about exactly but what I've been told on TS is that it's a "qick shotty" where with the press of just 1 button your player will immedately switch to the shotgun & shoot. Which we all know would be great to have in a pinch but is 1 of the cheapest fucking things I've ever heard of :angry: along with the "quick nade". But I do suspect alot of ppl have been using these "quick shotties" lately

thanks for the reply....sometimes its hard to tell if its somethen that happens to everyone and i just now noticed it....but I think it is somethen along the lines of a qik nade....if anyone knows exactly that would help maybe then i could use our pb to keep those people out.....thanks again

//connection

seta snaps "50"

seta rate "12000"

seta cl_maxpackets "60"

//map settings

bind i "r_gamma 1.6; echo ^1loading long range settings"

bind p "r_gamma .58; echo ^1loading RMG settings"

bind o "r_gamma 1.2; echo ^1loading stock map settings"

//weapons and crosshair

bind g "weaptoggle secondary; cg_drawgun 1; cg_crosshairsize "21"; seta cg_drawcrosshair "1"

bind f "weaptoggle primary; cg_drawgun 0; cg_crosshairsize "16"; seta cg_drawcrosshair "1"

bind CTRL "weaptoggle grenade; cg_drawgun 1; cg_crosshairsize "22"; seta cg_drawcrosshair "1"

Is this what your after ?

If your weapons are binded like above and you hit the mouse (or fire) button, then you will fire asap with out recockin your weapon. On a normal weapon change there is a cock of the bolt, a missed 3 seconds.

im not a shotty fan but of a uzi player

but couldnt it just be set to fast weapon change? i havnt seen it but maybe those people just know how to shoot really fast? unless like someone posted above that theres a certin deal u type in. No idea if that would be a cheat or wut- maybe a cheap weapon change setting but no idea

I have a thumb button on my mouse witch activates my shotty.

It's simply done in the setup screen on SOF2.

As far as "FAST" shooters go, it's mostly so that the opponent hit his Shotty key long before you notice anything.

Then, it appears to you that you got shot with the shotty while they still are changing weapons.

Mostly happens when there is a slower connection, higher ping difference between you 2. Or the server is far away. Sometimes it's the server wich is not configured al too well.

I sometimes get shot while the opponent is reloading. Weird, but not unusual.

You can read up on it. There are manny articles on the net about it.

my 2 cents

have fun.

Is this what your after ?

If your weapons are binded like above and you hit the mouse (or fire) button, then you will fire asap with out recockin your weapon. On a normal weapon change there is a cock of the bolt, a missed 3 seconds.

Are you saying that when the weapon is not drawn, there is no timeloss for showing the cocking ?

Therefore you shoot faster?

Sounds weird, but plausible. Personally i do not like playing without my weapon showing.

weapon showing has nothing to do with it. Its simple finger movement

If you have your weapon switch on a mouse wheel and your fire button on a mouse button you are doing 2 seperate moves with one finger, hense you miss the window of opportunity and you end up recocking your weapon.

If you have a weapon bind on your keyboard (left hand) and your fire button on the mouse (right hand) you can switch weapon and fire before the "game" recocks your weapon, hense making it a fast weapon change and a fast shot.

Try it and you will see. The weapon draw, is just so I know what weapon I am using.

Wow this got a lot of attention form everyone so here is my 2 cents. I have read all the above material and this is what I say based on the original question. Yes there are scripts that will make you switch to your weapons faster then non-script users, yes there are ways to change the latencey where relaoding takes place and YES it's a glitch. I know exactly what you mean: they shoot and shoot but all of a sudden they shoot again but no cocking action of the rifle itself I have seen that a million times over especially when someone holds the attack button down instead of repeatedly pressing it.

As far as the visual glitchy point of view when you spectate someone using a shotgun I was told that the time it takes to fire the next round remains the same but due to fps drop and other cool lil tid bits occurs it creates the illusion that the gun didnt cock!

It really doesnt I guess but the delay is the same........... again only what I was told. I will demo myself to see if I cannot capture what "I" feel hes seeing and reffering to.