New Call of Duty Confirmed

SuperTaz

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-call-of-duty-confirmed-for-2013-6403623

Activision today confirmed a new Call of Duty game will launch in 2013. The news was revealed during a post-earnings financial call, where Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg also revealed the new entry in the franchise is not expected to perform as well as the record-breaking Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

According to the latest rumor, this year's Call of Duty game will be Modern Warfare 4. No developer for the project has been named, though Treyarch can likely be ruled out, as that studio shipped Black Ops II just three months ago.

Activision currently has five studios working on Call of Duty games: Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Raven Software, Sledgehammer Games, and Neversoft Entertainment.

I saw that earlier today on my Facebook newsfeed, but I'm stumbled because of this --> http://www.thisisxbox.com/360/captain-price-actor-confirms-modern-warfare-4-from-infinity-ward/

Bill Murray: “Yeah, on Monday I am off to meet Infinity Ward about the next game, Modern Warfare 4, I’m doing work on the sequel to Modern Warfare 3, it carries straight on and I only ever appear in the Modern Warfare games…”

My mouth dropped, “Oh…nice” I replied “…so it IS being done by Infinity Ward then?” and tried to look casual, then spent the whole 4hr flight, and 9hr coach journey (with waiting times) dying to get logged in to thisisxbox.com.

So – only news I can repeat right now, is that on Monday 5th November, Bill Murray is going to be in discussions with Activision and Infinity Ward about his vocal involvement in Modern Warfare 4 that will be developed by Infinity Ward. Above is the picture I had taken on the flight, seconds after being told the news.

My holiday in Turkey was fantastic, roll on Modern Warfare 4 – Captain Price is back!!

UPDATE:

Things are getting a little more interesting now with Infinity Ward claiming on Twitter to have not discussed anything with any Voice Actors. Additionally, Billy Murray is backtracking on the conversation by claiming yesterday he didn’t start any rumors, and now today stating he told me he was doing a new modern warfare for china.

This article is not accurate –
– I told the guy I was doing a special new Modern Warfare for China, not MW4

— Billy Murray (@BillyAMurray)

I know what I was told and I wasn’t the only person on that plane who heard the conversation, not that I am now able to find those individuals, but both myself and Murray know what was ‘actually’ said. Call of Duty Online for China that Murray now claims he spoke about has already been in development for two years and uses existing assets for the free to play game in China, it’s nothing new in terms of what we haven’t played already in the Modern Warfare games.

Maybe Captain Price will speak Chinese on this new game… but the backtracking now is just ridiculous…

Update: 15/11/2012 – Sources have come forward and leaked information about the scripts currently under-going voice over work in LA on the next Call of Duty game. Confirms it is a Modern Warfare game at least.