Does PBBANS are removing Global Ban?

InVnerable

Hello there Gentlemens! 

The reason i'm creating this topic is because an observation that my person did few days ago. 

Basically i know 2 players that im going to list here that are globally banned on PunkBuster, and when i try to use your service (PBBANS) to check em' i don't see them like global ban. 

The picture down below is a player called DuanesGT, i took this picture on december 14, and right now if you look this player it doesn't appear like this one. 

Imagen

Also there was a player linked with this account name "TopKekAvenger" that was globally banned too, and his main account "Superxtaid", TopkekAvenger doesn't appear anymore, but Superxtaid it appears here. 

I worry if this is an error from your service or maybe PBBANS is cleaning or deleting those ban. 

Let me know and or post someone if this is happening with players that you know. 

Best regards

That guid is still globally banned by Even Balance (The developers of Punk Buster).

We check if a global ban exists when our members look up guids and when servers show a global ban message in the server logs but we have no power over the bans themselves. If our site doesn't show a global ban doesn't mean it is not banned. It just means it's not in our cache of globally banned guids.

• Like 1

hace 2 horas, MaydaX dijo:

That guid is still globally banned by Even Balance (The developers of Punk Buster).

We check if a global ban exists when our members look up guids and when servers show a global ban message in the server logs but we have no power over the bans themselves. If our site doesn't show a global ban doesn't mean it is not banned. It just means it's not in our cache of globally banned guids.

Thanks for the reply. 

Some times ago it was appearing but now no. Make sure that you and your team can fix this situations because this can wake up several dogs that are using this error like an excuse to play on banned servers 😄

Best regards.

3 hours ago, InVnerable said:

Make sure that you and your team can fix this situations because this can wake up several dogs that are using this error like an excuse to play on banned servers 😄

That's why our site has the message "PBBans caches global ban data therefore this check may not reflect the correct global ban status.". When normal users search a guid it does not check the pb ban servers to see if it's globally banned.

It doesn't matter what our site states, if a player is globally banned by punk buster they will be kicked from any pb enabled server for that game. It has nothing to do with the global ban information listed or not listed on our website.

• Like 2