A GUID banned profile.

Billbradsky

Hi Pbbans.com, my son is an avid player of Battlefield 2, as well as I, and he brang a proposition to me today. When he came home from his friends house, he said that he had inhereted an BF2 account/profile that was a colonel, so I asked him how.

He proceeded to inform me that his friend had gotten GUID banned on Battlefield 2 with his Colonel account and couldnt play anymore, so he handed off the account to my son. What I would like to know is what is a GUID ban? And if I do let my son play on this account/profile, will it ban my computer from Battlefield 2? I usually play when I come home from work in the afternoon and I don't want my son to be screwing up my computer. So should I let him play on it? Or tell him to leave it alone because the account will cause us to never see the battlefield again?

Thank you guys very much for taking the time to read this, I hope I came to the right place to ask this question, also, I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. :)

Billbradsky

Hello and Welcome!

One way to look at it is this.....your purchased copy of BF2 came with a cd-key. This cd-key creates a unique GUID when joining a PunkBuster enabled server. If your son has gotten a hold of someone else's account that has received a GUID ban, it is ill-advised for you to allow your son to use it. It is possible to link your computer to the PB GUID and this wouldn't be a good thing if you are trying to keep a clean system. One crucial mistake with PB can warrant a global PB ban and worse a hardware ban. The hardware ban can make for a bad day when trying to play on other PB enabled games/servers.

I hope this helps.

Hello and Welcome!

One way to look at it is this.....your purchased copy of BF2 came with a cd-key. This cd-key creates a unique GUID when joining a PunkBuster enabled server. If your son has gotten a hold of someone else's account that has received a GUID ban, it is ill-advised for you to allow your son to use it. It is possible to link your computer to the PB GUID and this wouldn't be a good thing if you are trying to keep a clean system. One crucial mistake with PB can warrant a global PB ban and worse a hardware ban. The hardware ban can make for a bad day when trying to play on other PB enabled games/servers.

I hope this helps.

Hi Bob, thank you very much for the quick response and the information. I will inform my son that he will have to keep playing on his account so we can both still enjoy this wonderful game. Have a happy holiday and thanks again!