pam4 mod and pbsv.cfg

Smoker

How can I stream both with pam4's pbsv.cfg and with pbhub's pbsv.cfg. is there any way to merge the two pbsv.cfg's? i have looked all over the forums for this and It seems I'm the only one asking this question? I hate to have to change pbsv.cfg every time we have a match which is 4 out of 7 days.

Thanks

Edited by -X-Pain

Are you saying you are running the same server as an Match server with PAM4 and then some days as an Public ranked server etc?

(Not passworded)

If so you will for sure have certain cvar's conflicting for sure.

Enlighten us :)

Yes that is correct. I want to stream pbbans on my server. Public and for matches. pam4 has its own pbsv.cfg So I can not delete the pam4 pbsv.cfg and replace with pbbans pbsv.cfg I dont think

Yes that is correct. I want to stream pbbans on my server. Public and for matches. pam4 has its own pbsv.cfg So I can not delete the pam4 pbsv.cfg and replace with pbbans pbsv.cfg I dont think

As you say yourself, PAM4 and some leagues/cups etc for that matters allow certain cvar's you probably wont use in public, and some might be restricted to the streaming itself for that matter.

So at this point, you do have to use two different PB configs.

I use the same server. On my computer I have a pb config for both setups that I upload. You don't need to change the game's main config though, because PAM4 over rides everything anyway. I keep my pbbans stuff in the log config file, same as my punksbusted config.

Getting ready for a match I:

- upload the latest pb config

- change the command line to start pam4

- change the server name

- add the server password

- turn off hub greetings and ban announcements

The last one isn't required but it's more professional...plus it's not a bad idea to keep the fact that you stream here a suprize ;)

Yea thats what I have been doing. That kinda blows. It would be nice to just change the comand line and be done with it.. You say you stream pbbans while running pam4? Thats what I want to do.. How are you doing that and running the pam4 pb cfg that is requierd to play pam4? Im lost here..

The lines that you use to enable streaming here can be placed in any PB read file (so that it doesn't get overwritten when you upload league configs). The log config file that sets the punksbusted info is one, just make some blank lines at the bottom of that file and paste in your pbbans stuff. Makes sense to have all your anti-cheat stuff together anyway.

• 1 month later...

Hello, you guys clearly know a lot more than me about this, sooooo i have what is probably a very noobish question, i am getting our server ready to match, like you i am using the same server for public normal HC which is set up to stream here, cvar and md5 checks etc, all seems ok... i have just used my server provider option to install the pam4 mod, it did and all seems ok, i confess at this stage i am in the server by myself, but all i can check with one guy in the server seems fine.

I have also just switched it back to normal HC, all this seems to have gone just fine,

I know this a noobish question, but reading your posts, im concerned that all may not be well with what i am doing as i have not altered anything on the PB or cvar side of things to my knowledge, so my question is what am i missing here guys, or am i fine to do what i am doing.

Please remember its a noobish guy that asks noobish questions, so be gental on me!! hehe