why is our server banned?

Wussie

Hi everyone!

Our server located at 81.196.146.245:30000 was streaming just fine until a few moths ago, when it stopped streaming for no apparent reason. I just found out yesterday while browsing through server logs. And when I tried to readd the server from the Account Manager I got the "server banned" error :(

What happened?

Our server is a dedicated server, hosted on a linux machine, so that can't be the reason. What then?

Did we do something to deserve a ban?

Please someone help me get it to stream again !

Your server IP appears on the MPi, so it may be on a linux server but that IP has been used to play on as well.

Please read our ToS which reads in part.

1. Terms & Definitions

1.1 Game Server - A game server shall be defined as a network server running a program that acts as a hub for clients to connect to for the purpose of interaction. For the purposes of clarification, [b]PBBans will only allow streaming from dedicated servers and not from LAN or personal computers.
[/b]

If you colocate the server at a datacentre let us know and we can arrange to allow the server to stream again.

@(*0*)@

Well, it's like this: the host machine is acting as a multi-purpose server (for company website, statistics, game server etc) as well as an internet gateway for the company computers, so yes, it is possible that the server IP did appear attached to my nick when I did various tests from the company LAN.

I want to stress out that this is NOT a personal computer or a home LAN server, but a well known public server which our company has been hosting since 2004. NIMBUS ETPro server was the second public Enemy Territory server created in Romania and is one of the 8 romanian servers today.

Please note that the NIMBUS gameserver IP 81.196.146.245 is the SAME as our company's website www.nimbus.ro IP. And you can see here the server statistics from 2005, hosted on the same machine.

The IP issue has not been a problem until a few months ago, when our server suddenly stopped streaming, so why is it a problem now? Has PBBans changed it's policy recently?

That being said, please reconsider this ban, you'll be doing romanian gaming community a big favour :)

• 3 weeks later...