Get PB data

CrazyMerlin1509

Hey guys!

Looking for some help here for a tool I am writing for our clan.

What the tool will do is this:

> every 10mins ( or so ) the tool will run and get a list of players on our servers

> those players will be filtered through a list to remove the known players ( good guys, admins, etc )

> the remaining players will then have their names passed to PBBans to get their info ***

> any player found to be known hackers/violators with have their data downloaded

> once the above has finished, our admins are then sent an instant message ( YIM/GTalk/MSN ) stating that we have known violators on our servers and where they are.

Our admins can then take steps as they feel necessary.

The *** is where I need help. I don't want to have to request the data via a standard HTTP call for 30 players, for instance, so is there a way for me to get the data for a player via something a little faster than HTTP?

If I have to I will use cURL and cache the data for clean players once per day or so.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

//erlin!

I don't think our developpers would make for no real reason an effort to set up some research API.

Plus, I don't really see the point in doing what you want to do.

If you want to get rid of people banned by PBBans, just use our banlist.

Apply for a streaming Team Account and use our Enforce Bans flag. Then you won't have to worry about keeping the banlist up to date as your server will always be protected by the PBBans Hub.

I don't think our developers would make for no real reason an effort to set up some research API.

I don't recall asking that at all. I simply asked if there is a way other than through the site MPi to get player info.

The tool would be useful to our clan for a number of reasons...non-global bans, allowed access by probationary admins.

I think I will ask on other forums where people are not so brusk to new members!

I don't recall asking that at all. I simply asked if there is a way other than through the site MPi to get player info.

I've been asked this before but the MPi can not and will not be queried from a source other then our website. Too much resources involved to allow external querying.

The MPi is the only place we store long term info on players.