appeal process

rsf.BobTheNailer

I didn't see anything obvious about how to appeal a single game ban, other than the Global ban forum...

So, I have been accused of cheating and I want to appeal because it's bogus. What are the steps?

Well it would be helpful to have important info such as GAME NAME USED, the Game you play, the GUID, What you are banned for and anything else that may be important. Also look on the main Web page there is a link to appeal a BAN read down it I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Ok, I sent an email with details about this bogus ban and have yet to recieve a reply or any communication from pbbans.

The email was sent to [email protected] on January 13th. If this is not a valid email address, let me know.

/BTN

Don't worry, he'll get around to looking into it. He's been real busy with behind the scenes things lately.

Not looking good though, you had a bot.exe in your game folder.

It says I did, but I searched my whole system and I couldn't find that file anywhere. Of course you think I'm lying, but I'm not. Are you telling me there is no way to corrupt this process of punkbuster? If someone wanted to get another person banned, could this be spoofed somehow? If the process is not foolproof, then there should be room for appeal.

Also, no one has explained to me that the date of the supposed incident was in August of 2004 and was just reported a few weeks ago... Why is that? Why so long?

/BTN

Also, no one has explained to me that the date of the supposed incident was in August of 2004 and was just reported a few weeks ago... Why is that? Why so long?

Now I am confused :blink: Regardless of the time frame, the ban was captured in Aug of 2004. If you did a 'scan' of your computer a couple of weeks back to find this file 'bot.exe' and could not find it, do ya think it's because you deleted it back in August when you recieved 'your' violation message ??

There is an appeal process, and you have started it. When you appeal the ban, the ban is researched, its posted in our private section for site admins to also research. You email is included with all the revelant information, invluding the logs from the server of which this violation was produced. Considering its only been a week since you sent the email, I think you should be a little more patient. Once all the people involved has proved or disproved your ban then the verdict will be handed down.

We DO have this appeal process, and it does work. We as a group have lifted several bans that were appealed, but this is not going to happen in a day.

Thanks for your interest, you will have your answer soon.

As to why it took so long to be reported, we have had servers streaming their logs to us for maybe 6 months or more, but have only just finished the back-end system to process these logs a couple of weeks ago. Upon finally activating the system, we had an inrush of over 350 bans for SOF2 alone, which had been collected over the previous months. I suppose yours was among them.