Battlefield Heroes and PBbans stream

EKS-Admin

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Battlefield Heroes left the beta period around 2 months ago and there are allready server providers offering servers for this game. As you might have noticed, this game includes punkbuster as anticheat-software and there are many other games that include PB and server admins have the ability to let the server stream to PBbans.

My question now is: Will server admins also be able to let their Battlefield Heroes servers stream to PBbans? Or more in general: Do you work on that option?

Streams to PBbans have often been a great help on many games.

I didn't find anything about this topic yet in the whole internet,

so it might be interesting for many others. :blink:

With friendly Greetings from Europe

-=eks=- XxXButcher as representative of the

European Killer Syndicate

Battlefield Heroes left the beta period around 2 months ago and there are allready server providers offering servers for this game.

According to wikipedia, it's still in beta.

Open Beta

On June 25, 2009, Battlefield Heroes was moved to open beta allowing anyone who missed out on a beta key to play the game.[17] Since then DICE has claimed that over 1 million separate player accounts have been registered.[18] Currently anyone can register and play Battlefield Heroes for free, without any form of beta key.

My question now is: Will server admins also be able to let their Battlefield Heroes servers stream to PBbans? Or more in general: Do you work on that option?

Yes, after it leaves beta.

We never added it because no server files was ever released and therefore we have no way to test it.

Also no one ever expressed interest in stream it. Plus it's a web based game just like Quake Live.

According to wikipedia, it's still in beta.

hmh... wikipedia ^^... well...

o.k. then it is only open beta now...

Before a certain date you needed a beta key so I fought: No beta key required = No longer beta

my fault.

Yes, after it leaves beta.

That's great to hear... thx

Beta is not the issue atm as the game is open to the public and GUID's won't change.

The problems are

1. Game is based on matchmaking so no idea if admins get a server ip when ordering a server

2. Is there any way to send commands? Doubt ranked servers will give ftp access.

3. Can't direct join a server so impossible for us to even test server, md5 tool etc.

Someone asked:

1. Are you able to connect to a server ip insteed of joining a random server with "Play Now" button?

2. Is their any release of server files. Cuse im web-master for a game-hosting company and im allowed to host one private server for my self :-)

1. Currently at this moment, no.

2. No and there never will be, this is to ensure that public servers stay ranked and private servers stay unranked. Of course when the time comes, the server admin can choose between public/private server. To learn more, check out our Rental Server Providers page.

Regards,
ShadeShooter
The Battlefield Heroes Community Team

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/sho...d.php?tid=55896

So with that we won't be adding BF Heroes support. tbh can't understand why anyone would rent a server when you can't connect to it directly.