Question

Kalin

Ok so i play this server that ive seen people get banned quite a few times by PB,

And nearlly everyday i see someone getting banned, I was just wondering does PB Only ban your account?

Or the whole Game/Your Activation Key?

We're not PB, we're a privately run anti-cheat site. PB is created by www.evenbalance.com

Only evenbalance provides global bans. Our bans only apply to servers that stream to our services, and choose to use the option. You can read more about how we work and what we do on our homepage.

Evenbalance does global GUID bans and hardware bans.

Global GUID bans only ban the GUID, which is a hash of the cd-key. Hardware bans are based on components' ids of the player's computer.

PBBans only bans by guid.

They ban your GUID, which is associated with your cd-key. As do we, but ours only applies to streaming servers who use our private services. Theirs apply to all servers who have pb software enabled.

If you would like a clearer answer, connect to any pb-enabled server, and simply open your game's console, and copy down the last 8 characters of your GUID, and post them here, for one of us to look at. Might shed some light on where your ban came from.

RW

Your GUID is what gets banned by PB globally, it also gets banned by private anti-cheat sites, depending on the detection(and who's it is) like our anti-cheat site, PBBans.com. There are others, as well, such as punksbusted.com, and several others. Again, if you post the last 8 characters of your GUID here, we can tell you more about your ban, and perhaps a solution for it, or at least a direction to take your queries in. If you are not willing, I can't see much further use for this thread. We're willing to help, but help us help you, by doing so.

RW