cod4 next map announcement

!TTM!Toxic

I dont think there is a way of doing it without running some sort of rcon program. I use Rconmax, and it has that feature. Manu-admin, or bigbrotherbot might also have that feature, but I dont know.

• 1 month later...
thanks m8, i know it works with cod rcon tool. but that needs to be running all the time. i am not able to run Manu or big brother with our provider.

do your server runs promodlive2 (any version)?

well, you can use the PB message center.

in the server.cfg file add (at the very end of the file) the following line

exec msg2.cfg

and save it. Then create a new file in the folder "main" of the Game Server. Actually i don't remember where to place this file. Try this way and if doesn't work put the file in "main/pb" path. Name it as msg2.cfg and edit it with notepad.

Write the following in that file

pb_sv_taskempty

pb_sv_task 15 60 "<*nextmap*>"

the two numbers are in seconds.

The first is the time before appearing the message, and the second is the time to restart the message rotation. With this values the first message appears 15 seconds after the map is loaded, and it reappears after 60 seconds. Obviously you can change the values as you want.

Save the file and restart the server. It should work :)

well, you can use the PB message center.

in the server.cfg file add (at the very end of the file) the following line

exec msg2.cfg

and save it. Then create a new file in the folder "main" of the Game Server. Actually i don't remember where to place this file. Try this way and if doesn't work put the file in "main/pb" path. Name it as msg2.cfg and edit it with notepad.

Write the following in that file

pb_sv_taskempty

pb_sv_task 15 60 "<*nextmap*>"

the two numbers are in seconds.

The first is the time before appearing the message, and the second is the time to restart the message rotation. With this values the first message appears 15 seconds after the map is loaded, and it reappears after 60 seconds. Obviously you can change the values as you want.

Save the file and restart the server. It should work :)

This method does work as I also asked the same question some time ago but the only problem is if a game finishes early, player leaves or quits if the server is close to empty, the message will continue to run irrespective of the map being played.