Was I correct in banning him?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Was I correct in banning him?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not enough evidence

according to this page: http://nmsjohndoe.tripod.com/id16.html

seta cg_weaponMenuFast "1" //    <---Change gund fast, no menu

not exactly sure what menu they are referring to though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as default when you press a change wepaon key ......there is a little list of your weapons that pop up on the left side.

inorder to select a weaon with this list up you need to hit your weapon key again

with weaponmenu set to 1 . no little list pops up after you press your weapon key once your gun changes.

And one request ,I challenge anyone to apply Yang's settings to their own .cfg.I'm curious what you think after trying them.Thx.

what settings , all his cvars are game standard and do absoluely nothing ...

most of the staff have replied here telling you think his demo is pretty clean..

plz dont turn this disscusion thread into a flame thread..... !

Guest ntldr

what settings , all his cvars are game standard and do absoluely nothing ...

most of the staff have replied here telling you think his demo is pretty clean..

plz dont turn this disscusion thread into a flame thread..... !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did notice a difference when I changed my.cfg.That's why I'm asking for another opinion.It was a request.

re·quest ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-kwst)

tr.v. re·quest·ed, re·quest·ing, re·quests

To express a desire for; ask for. Often used with an infinitive or clause: requested information about the experiment; requested to see the evidence firsthand; requested that the bus driver stop at the next corner.

To ask (a person) to do something: The police requested her to accompany them.

n.

The act of asking.

Something asked for.

Didn't realize that was a flame.My apologies to anyone who is upset.

I did notice a difference when I changed my.cfg.That's why I'm asking for another opinion.It was a request.

re·quest    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (r-kwst)

tr.v. re·quest·ed, re·quest·ing, re·quests

To express a desire for; ask for. Often used with an infinitive or clause: requested information about the experiment; requested to see the evidence firsthand; requested that the bus driver stop at the next corner.

To ask (a person) to do something: The police requested her to accompany them.

n.

The act of asking.

Something asked for.

Didn't realize that was a flame.My apologies to anyone who is upset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and with all the dictionary BS and you being such a smart ass , wtf you doing asking us questions just to tell us were wrong ....go figure the gd stuff out for yah self then......

and for the last fin time those cvars DO NOTHING in terms of cheating ..... !

they change how fast the keyboard movement keys turn your players veiw ........ !

so unless you play all keys and no mouse .......you didnt notice any fin difference .

I am not a big fan of Yang, but I have gained a lot of respect for him lately.

I remember once way back when DeZ did a fun scrim with Qc, and Yang was owning us. He pulled out the m60 and was mowing us down keeping around an 18-19% accuraccy with the most inaccurate gun in the game. At the time, I was fairly new to being the DeZ pb admin, so I was very suspicious of him. I confronted him about it after the match stating in no polite terms that I didn't trust him because there was no way to keep such a high accuraccy with the m60. He told me it had to do with the way you tap the gun when you fired. At the time, I thought that was a bs answer.

Well, a few months ago, I went on a spree where I used nothing but the m60 on pub servers because I was growing bored with the game. As I played more with the gun, my fire button tapping started to adapt to its firing method. At the peak of my m60 pub days, I was going whole 20 minute maps with a 15-27% accuracy depending on if I was camping or being more active.

I am still not 100% sure about Yang, and that is coming from my pesimistic side that thinks anyone that gets above a 1/1 ratio in the game does cheat (yes, I am an old paranoid bastard). But, I do agree that Yang is a very skilled player. And as far as I can tell, the cvars you posted up are all legal. I know his yaw and pitch speeds are set exactly like mine are in the game.

Guest ntldr

I don't appreciate Witterquick's remarks.I didn't personally attack anyone.Nor did I say anyone was wrong.All I'm after is information and some educated opinions.I aplogized for upsetting anyone.

Am I to understand that yawspeed and pitchspeed do not affect playability?

Does anyone have an answer about the original cvar settings Ghost posted?I know identifying them may be difficult as Yang is unsure himself (but then ,how did they get changed?).

Can't learn without asking.

Am I to understand that yawspeed and pitchspeed do not affect playability?

of course they effect playability or else they wouldn't be able to be changed.... they are more of a preference type thing however...

i was playing with someone the other day from tcf and they told me they used sensitivity of 3. i checked mine, and it was 5.... well after i changed it to 3, during long range shoot outs, it was certainly easier to keep my crosshair steady. but the fact that i changed it is just preference. i was talking to a player that is in my old clan and he uses a sensitiviy of 13 (!). does that make either of us wrong for using what we do? he is more comfortable with 13 (although he seemed to like 3 for long range) and i'm more comfortable with 3.

Guest ntldr

Funny ,he flames me ,I apologize (in an effort to keep things mature) ,and I'm crying...lol.My impression so far?Thought PB bans was about punkbuster.Seems like a lot of personal attacks.

There has to be some educated opinions out there about these system cvars.

Guest ntldr

i was playing with someone the other day from tcf and they told me they used sensitivity of 3. i checked mine, and it was 5.... well after i changed it to 3, during long range shoot outs, it was certainly easier to keep my crosshair steady. but the fact that i changed it is just preference. i was talking to a player that is in my old clan and he uses a sensitiviy of 13 (!). does that make either of us wrong for using what we do? he is more comfortable with 13 (although he seemed to like 3 for long range) and i'm more comfortable with 3.

Thx Boondock ,i allready know about sensitivity.

Thx Boondock ,i allready know about sensitivity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm not questioning what you know or don't know... it was a simple example of preference just like the other things you are talking about.

Guest ntldr

i'm not questioning what you know or don't know... it was a simple example of preference just like the other things you are talking about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Preference for what ,the ignore entries ,what are they?It's okay if you don't know Boondock ,maybe someone else does.

Preference for what ,the ignore entries ,what are they?It's okay if you don't know Boondock ,maybe someone else does.

If you actually read the posts, it was stated what the Cvars are, they are just standard settings.

[NevaDie RuleZZZ] ;)

Thank you come again....